• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Hey squeaky it sounds like you know how to do this lope thing proper. I am on second attempt at stopping tianeptine and the first time i used lope. I megadosed for a week I between megadosing tia at night. I abruptly stopped the Tia and the lope the following day at 50 pills a day. Obviously I didn't fare well this time I have only been taking 10 pills 2 times a day just to knock the edge off it hasn't even caused constipation this way at all. How should I proceed with lope once I completely stop the tianeptine?

I have never used tianeptine. I can only guess at the dosage you would need since its not an opiate, and I doubt lope would work for you as it has for me.
The reason Loperamide works for opiates is that it is an opiate too. Tianeptine doesnt appear to be(as far as I can see anyway). The only advice I have is it takes two full days to work. Dosing every 6 hours is best. And its a full week before I feel normal.

Tianeptine may not appear to be an opioid at first glance but it most definitely acts like one since it is a full agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Large doses can rival strong opiates in effects and withdrawals from high doses are absolute hell on earth.

I don't know how much lope you'll need to cover a switch from high dose Tianeptine. If you do make the switch please consider finding the lowest possible dose and then taper down, high dose lope is risky especially long term. Switching from high dose Tianeptine to high dose loperamide is like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Yes thanks for the response. Its comical to even call tianeptine an antidepressant in my opinion. It locks onto the mu like a beast and that in my book makes it an opiate. I am on day 1 and i have found that it takes minimum 60 mg to knock it out...but it does I'm planning on 60-80 mg for first 3 days next 3 drop to 40 next 3 down to 20 then 10 then jump. I have read that this is a good way to do it in no way will I megadose this crap more than a few days I'm in a spot where I cant show sickness or I would just jump altogether.

Yes thanks for the response. Its comical to even call tianeptine an antidepressant in my opinion. It locks onto the mu like a beast and that in my book makes it an opiate. I am on day 1 and i have found that it takes minimum 60 mg to knock it out...but it does I'm planning on 60-80 mg for first 3 days next 3 drop to 40 next 3 down to 20 then 10 then jump. I have read that this is a good way to do it in no way will I megadose this crap more than a few days I'm in a spot where I cant show sickness or I would just jump altogether.

Tianeptine is a fairly efficacious antidepressant if one can actually stick to 12mg 3x/day. The problem being that it can sometimes throw a Tramadol type WD on you where you get hit by the opioid WD + AD type WD. Your plan seems sound but I would caution you to not try and overpower the Tia WD with too much Lope.

Sometimes it's better to go through a rough day or two and let the Lope catch up vs trying to hit an equipotent dose of Lope that matches the Tia WD, but nearly kills you from cardiac rhythm disturbances. Stay Safe

Roughly how many mg/day of Loperamide would I need to not experience any withdrawal from an 800mg/day Tramadol habit?
I'm not looking to get high, but I'd like to make sure I don't experience any discomfort at all.

I heard a morning disc jockey on the radio in Los Angeles last week reporting that people are using 100x the recommended dose of anti diarrhea medication to get high and to get over opiate wd. The end is near. Stock up now before its locked up next to Sudafed. All because LESS THAN 100 people have died in the last century from abusing Loperamide. Soon we will have to walk down the aisle of $20 gallon-sized bottles of vodka, to wait in line next to a wall of cigarettes and chewing tobacco, in order to show an I.D. for an 8 count blister pack of Immodium.
Its too bad I cant sell regulated medicine on EBay. I could stock up for cheap right now and then resell Loperamide later on EBay and get fing rich. They let you sell OTC meds no problem, but not regulated stuff like Sudafed.
I have a big stash, but Im gonna get more. This stuff is working like a dream helping me deal with opiate wds and then tapering off. I dont even consider that I will even go through wds anymore-because I dont go through wds anymore. I have the pattern down to a science now. Not fun, but not hard. The way I suffered before when I ran out of oxy was horrible. Those bastards at the FDA can kiss my ass.

Up until very recenrly you could buy bulk bottles of lope on eBay for very cheap.. like 800+ count at a time.

Last time I looked they either weren't selling them at all or if they were then the price has shot through the roof.

You will need to take tagamet 3 pills. 30 mins later take 20 lopes and it will knock it out. It takes an hour or so to kick in tho. I would advise reading around here about the dangers beforehand also

Roughly how many mg/day of Loperamide would I need to not experience any withdrawal from an 800mg/day Tramadol habit?
I'm not looking to get high, but I'd like to make sure I don't experience any discomfort at all.
Youre going to be uncomfortable, no matter how you do it. Unless youre trading up to a stronger opiate like oxycodone or heroin, you will feel the discomfort from stopping Tramadol. Loperamide is more like lipstick on a pig. The only way you dont get ANY discomfort is to take enough lope to get a little high from that, and you dont want to trade out your old habit for a new one.

The reason lope works is because you dont associate anti diarrhea medication with anything positive. You use it to cover up most of your withdrawals for a few days until you get past what would be the acute phase and then you taper off lope asap because it doesnt feel good and the thought of being free starts to sound so good that you gain some momentum towards tapering as fast as you can. You start getting high from lope and you defeat the main reason it works, and now youre hooked on Loperamide instead of Tramadol.

Up until very recenrly you could buy bulk bottles of lope on eBay for very cheap.. like 800+ count at a time.

Last time I looked they either weren't selling them at all or if they were then the price has shot through the roof.
Kirkland brand was dirt cheap and really popular apparently. Hard to find now. The pills were coated and easy to swallow. I have tried them all now. Only difference is the cheap brands dissolve in your mouth really fast- taste horrible. But they all work exactly the same.
Good deals are still available, you just have to plan ahead as shipping takes time. Most addicts cant afford to use a credit card, have it delivered in the mail, and wait a week for relief to come. I am forever counting pills and planning weeks ahead.

Youre going to be uncomfortable, no matter how you do it. Unless youre trading up to a stronger opiate like oxycodone or heroin, you will feel the discomfort from stopping Tramadol. Loperamide is more like lipstick on a pig. The only way you dont get ANY discomfort is to take enough lope to get a little high from that, and you dont want to trade out your old habit for a new one.

The reason lope works is because you dont associate anti diarrhea medication with anything positive. You use it to cover up most of your withdrawals for a few days until you get past what would be the acute phase and then you taper off lope asap because it doesnt feel good and the thought of being free starts to sound so good that you gain some momentum towards tapering as fast as you can. You start getting high from lope and you defeat the main reason it works, and now youre hooked on Loperamide instead of Tramadol.

Sorry, I didn't explain properly; I should have given more background info. My weekly Tramadol script only lasts 4 days for me. I usually take A LOT of Co-Dydramol (acetaminophen and Dihydrocodeine) but it's way too much acetaminophen. I was just wanting to try and use lope on my non-tramadol days instead. I'm not actually planning on stopping opiates.

I was cleaning my room the otherday i picked up my prescription a few hours before and decided to wait as long as possible before i had my cup of codeine but i couldn't wait so instead of dosing and i had an immodium to keep me going ive slagged it off so much but i defo felt something from 2 tabs I think exercising or doing something like hoovering like I was doing helps it my codeine of like 1200 mg or something stupid seemed stronger when i finally did have it i brought a pack of 12 immodiums today for under ?2 and

Lope screws up your tolerance for other opiates. Before I ever tried lope, I could get my tolerance for oxy down to 7.5 mg to get myself high after a week off it. Now I use Loperamide for two weeks w no oxy and my next dose of oxy has to be at least 45mg to feel anything.

Not as good for bridging the gap as I had first hoped. Only good for quitting.

I've wondered now that I've found this lope thing, in the past I have taken bupe a few hours after h and threw myself into precips. Literally like cold metal shooting through veins while tripping. Hard to verbalize how bad it was. Would lope help with wds that intense? Not that I will ever put myself thru that hell again but I was curious

Precipitated WD's are difficult to reverse and Lope would be at an even higher disadvantage due to the long time to onset.

The only way to know for sure to try. But then again the only way to know what happens if you throw a handfull of bullets into a campfire would be to do it.
Better not to try. The combo could be really bad and you dont want to be the one who died trying it.

Thank God for Loperamide. I take my oxy for about 10 days, and switch to lope when that runs out. Life sucks for a couple of days while I?m transitioning but its nothing compared to oxy wds. Im back on the roller coaster right now. I have my last 6 oxys for today. I took a bunch of Loperamide last night and this morning.
Its a very familiar feeling now. Im not scared of wds. It sucks, but its not all that bad. This month Im gonna try dosing every 8 hours-that should make it easier to cut my dose later. I may switch to 6 hour doses though.

Yes I've had a few rounds with it so far and what I've found is the tagamet is really pointless. For me at least 20 mg with no tagamet does the same. Twice a day 20 mg keeps me regular too. That's the sweet spot for me if I'm taking enough to constipate me it's more trouble. What it does is takes away any body chills in initial withdrawal but when you stop the lope you do feel like garbage but you avoided the bed ridden sickness will always pay piper in some fashion

Im more cowardly. Ill take lope for weeks and never actually get off it. I just keep tapering down slowly. Going slow for me keeps all wds to a minimum.