• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

I have been supplementing my lope taper with Kratom powder and it works awesomely. It really helps with the depression.

I have been supplementing my lope taper with Kratom powder and it works awesomely. It really helps with the depression.

It works perfect for me with 500-1000 mls. Grapefruit juice... I need about 100-120 pills to counteractbmy fent/morphine habit though.. It works 100% from day 1 for me... Just dont do it too often due to the cardiac risk though

I'm on 100 mg's of lope a day and have been for about 2-3 years. I'm trying to taper off the lope fairly qiuickly and onto the suboxone (2 8mg's per day). Does anybody have any advice? Do I even need to taper the loperamide or would I be ok jumping off of it completely and right onto the suboxone? I guess I could play with it and figure out if I feel sick or not but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience doing this.

I'm on 100 mg's of lope a day and have been for about 2-3 years. I'm trying to taper off the lope fairly qiuickly and onto the suboxone (2 8mg's per day). Does anybody have any advice? Do I even need to taper the loperamide or would I be ok jumping off of it completely and right onto the suboxone? I guess I could play with it and figure out if I feel sick or not but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience doing this.

No you really need to taper into a decent COWS score because even at low levels people have had peripheral receptor issues like stomach pain, runs and a tough PWD syndrome. The long half life means it needs to be treated like a methadone transition. I know there's a few posts about it in this thread and some more through the search engine. At the very least induce Bernese Method style with multiple tiny doses.

Why switch to subs? Loperamide is still pretty easy to get OTC. And you could taper at any speed you like instead of having some undereducated Dr tell you the sub wds are nothing.
As for a tapering plan..... first transition to a 8 or 6 hour dosing schedule and immediately cut your dose down to 80 mg per day. You will feel wds on day one, but not horribly. Stay at 80 mg for a week (5 days if youre really desperate to quit). The regular dosing will help you to feel less hopeless when the wds hit.
Cut your doses by by 25%(per day, recalculated again at each step) every 4-5 days. Its a game more of percentages than milligrams. Sometimes for me it helps to cut by 1/2 on the day and cut by the next 1/2 on the next day.
Ex: Day 1-5,80mg. Day 6,72mg. Day 7-10,64mg. Day 11,58mg. Day 12-15 ,51mg. Day 16, 46mg. Day 17-20, 41mg. Etc.... This is 20% drop from that days current dose every 5 days with a one day transitioning period at the start of each 5 day period. It is important that your drop be calculated from the current dose, not from the starting dose or you will suffer more and more as you get lower and lower.
I have been using this exact method and it has truly worked over and over for me with Loperamide. If you are in a rush you can increase to 25% every 4 days but beware:
Oxy wds are mostly better by the 7th or 8th day from cold turkey(depression lasts for a while but the physical effects are much better after a week). Loperamide has acute wds that last around 8 weeks. You wont get off this in the same way people get off heroin or other opiates. Onset of relief from a dose takes around 4 hours on an empty stomach, and todays dose will effect your doses for the next two or three days. If you think you can just be strong and go faster then most likely you will suffer badly enough to go right back to your 100 mg per day(or worse, since you will have at that point been starving yourself of lope for days, you may need 150mg to feel ok) Your body will hurt, your mind will be scrambled, and the subs wont take it away for days or weeks.
THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO BE A WEEK INTO YOUR SUBS AND START TAKING LOPE AGAIN. Loperamide has a way of knocking out other opiates. And lope wds can make it feel like you havent taken anything else to make it better. Dont take this seriously and you will end up with a suboxone addiction to go with your lope addiction.

Again.... why not taper off lope slowly and avoid the subs all together?

Sorry if that sounded preachy. I have been through lope wds and felt them render 150mg of oxy almost completely useless. I love the stuff but I really dont want anybody to suffer needlessly.

you mean the lope made your tolerance so high the 150mg of oxy wouldn't effect you AT ALL? Man thats rough maybe my indulgances with lope have effected my codeine tolerance more than i thought to..

you mean the lope made your tolerance so high the 150mg of oxy wouldn't effect you AT ALL? Man thats rough maybe my indulgances with lope have effected my codeine tolerance more than i thought to..
Thats exactly what happened. My tolerance for oxy is pretty high, but not THAT high. I imagine the Loperamide filling the opiate receptors and staying there for a couple of weeks even after stopping use. After about a week of stopping, the wds hit hard and 150 mg oxy barely gets me out of withdrawl from the lope. And only lasts an hour or two before the wds come back. And that is from about three weeks of using lope to get past oxy wds at about 60 mg per day of lope.
It has completely ruined my tolerance for oxy.

I'll say that I have been a little surprised reading how many people who have successfully used just loperamide to beat opiate withdrawals. Although I do admit that it helps me tremendously with the stomach aspect, which is obviously a big part of it, I still feel every other part of WD, which no matter what I take, I am miserably bed-ridden for the first two and a half days when WD from H. It's possible that I haven't taken enough, as the times I've tried it that way is taking around 20 at a time, but then after redosing another 20 or so makes me feel no different, I don't even consider dropping any more.
I feel stupid for trying, but I did take 90 once when I wasn't sick, as a desperate attempt to get high. I was clean and couldn't get opiates, and I had read a lot of people on here saying they felt an opiate High from it. The only result was no BM for three days, not even a buzz, so that's another reason I'm surprised that people write that it had an effect on anything other than their digestive system.
I'm wondering if maybe lope works better for other opiate WDs, and maybe H WD is just too severe to counteract.
Either way, lope is the one thing that I make sure I have any time I face WD. I only take 3-4 at a time though, and only once a day, and after the first three days of WD, I only take it when I need it, as I want my stomach to start to regulate itself.
I'm curious as to why this drug seems to have a potential for abuse, and whether or not most of the people who are getting caught up in it, started using it just to get through opiate WD. I'm also curious if there are many people who went from abusing H to lope, or if most people who abuse lope came from other pills.
Either way, I feel bad for any of you who are now caught in lope when they were just trying to ease WD from another addiction.

It works perfect for me with 500-1000 mls. Grapefruit juice... I need about 100-120 pills to counteractbmy fent/morphine habit though.. It works 100% from day 1 for me... Just dont do it too often due to the cardiac risk though

What graefruit flavour do you use, can I be from concentrate?

Travisbickle. You have to potentiate properly if you want to really dent opiate withdrawal. Grapefruit juice with tagamet. If not they mildly help. People potentiating the lope is where it gets addictive. My rule of thumb is to make sure I'm taking an amount t that doesnt constipate me and I am still in mild wd but am able to get through the day. It still sucks this way but you aren't bed ridden. Attempting to get high or remove all wds for long periods will have you hooked on diarrhea pills. You have to feel like shit at some point it's just a softer landing with lope in smaller amounts.

Great oldies, thanks for the information. What confuses me is that you said that you take it during mild WD, when you are still able to get through the day. Once I'm about 18 hours in, my day is done, so are you talking about before that?
Despite reading about people adding grapefruit juice, tagamet, and their attempts to push it across the blood brain barrier, I never tried it that way. When trying to combat WD, I never expect to feel 'good', but nothing I've ever tried could ever get me out of bed or enable me to eat anything in the first 2 1/2 - 3 days. That includes kratom and suboxone. When taking excess lope only helped my stomach, I figured that adding the juice and tagamet would only do more of the same. Now that I don't have anything else, if and when I face WD again, I may just give lope another try.
Either way, I'm glad it's working for some of you.

I don't know lope to well but I'm coming off methadone and switching to subs soon . My doctor told me to only reduce by 10% a week

I got fucked off lope the other day nothing else im gonna write a trio report about it

Travisbickle. You have to potentiate properly if you want to really dent opiate withdrawal. Grapefruit juice with tagamet. If not they mildly help. People potentiating the lope is where it gets addictive. My rule of thumb is to make sure I'm taking an amount t that doesnt constipate me and I am still in mild wd but am able to get through the day. It still sucks this way but you aren't bed ridden. Attempting to get high or remove all wds for long periods will have you hooked on diarrhea pills. You have to feel like shit at some point it's just a softer landing with lope in smaller amounts.
Perfectly said. I take enough to kill my wds, but I still suffer depression and anxiety for the first couple of days of oxy wd with lope.
The big thing with lope for opiate wd is you must start 48 hours early to knock out wds from opiates. And even then you dont get relief until 3-4 hours after dosing. So I start dosing 100 mg + for two days before running out of oxy and I suffer very little.

Interesting. I never even considered taking it before my binge ends. Part of the reason is that I get so backed up, and I would be apprehensive of adding something that wouldn't allow me to go for an even longer period of time. If it really diminished that early WD though, I think I would trade off for that.
I have found that probiotics seem to make me more 'regular', so maybe that could be added to literally flush it out of you. The one time I took a bunch of lope, I had to drink castor oil after three days, which has the consistency and possibly taste of motor oil.

Perfectly said. I take enough to kill my wds, but I still suffer depression and anxiety for the first couple of days of oxy wd with lope.
The big thing with lope for opiate wd is you must start 48 hours early to knock out wds from opiates. And even then you dont get relief until 3-4 hours after dosing. So I start dosing 100 mg + for two days before running out of oxy and I suffer very little.

I was able to get full effects from lope with out taking any potentiator or additional substance.

However, I was taking hundreds of pills, 400 mg or more. But I ended up with heart problems and had to be hospitalized for a couple weeks. It was definitely the closest I?ve come to dying, and I did try to kill myself with phenobarb and h at one point.

Lope made it easy to get off of $100s of dollars of h but I was never able to get off the lope. Turned into a cycle of h to lope to sub to h over and over.

I?m not a fear monger but this is a dangerous drug that would be better off schedule III.

Ok so I've been experimenting with lope alternatives...and I believe I just hit the holy grail. I have been going on Tia binders for weeks on end and then megadosing lope at the same time to counteract the quick ass on set of Tia wd because of the sodium half life. I end up in wds from the lope and they will go on for fucking weeks. I've only done this once but when I did lope for too long it was as bad as bupe wd. I've always though herbs were complete bullshit and gave them no merit. But I didn't want to lope again on my last binder. So I have comprised a concoction of herbs and vitamins and i take plenty of them all. I was desperate and thought I was wasting my money on these supplements. I was wrong. I swear to you these 5 things in combo will knock out wd better than lope. With none of the downsides that's associated with it. I was at the 12 hour mark and extremely uncomfortable. This is where I do my usual cave and just say fuck it give the warm blanket and punt the ball. Here's what i took in combination together. St John's wort. 300 MLg pills I take 6. This acts better than clonodine at high doses they have tested this on rats.Valerian root. 300 MLg pills I take 6. Gives relaxation for the anxiety. B complex I take 5 pills. This is to help the next one which i believe is the most important and its l tyrosine. 2000 MLg. This creates dopamine on it's own in conjunction with the b vitamin. Last is 5htp I take 5 50 mlg pills. This is a shit load of pills to take I know. I took all this and got in the shower. 30 mins later the cold hole in my chest and uneasiness and rls all disappeared and i was in bed asleep. I woke up and got out of bed stunned. I could relax and get through what I needed to do. All the stuff cost me 50 bucks and I have repeated this every 3 to 4 hours and it's as good as a gabapentin clonidine and lope combo I kid you not. I am still in disbelief to be honest it's been 3 days and I'm going to make it without the lope.

If you get the ones with white powder in the capsules empty the capsules and let it dissolve on your tongue might wanna have some fruitella and some water close by but this will kick in the best, better than the ones that are actually deisgned to dissolve on ya tongue