• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

It is indeed a life saver Squeaky. This is why i suggested trying a pgp inhibitor (an amino acid - Quercetin) with very low dose lope (6-8 mgs), but somehow i was called irresponsible in favour of suggestions of taking 60-80 mgs of lope.....crazy! This can help you withdraw from Heroin, with 3-4 pills instead of 30-40 at a time. These people are not worried about the users asking for legit help, they just want to look like they are 'better informed'. Sort of a 'valid suggestions police'. I wonder if Skennedy82 managed to find help.

The fact is PGP inhibition is extremely dangerous. It would be like one telling someone to use a high risk pharmaceutical non reversible MAOI A&B inhibitor in place of a safer harmala alkaloid reversible MAOI A inhibitor without clearly explaining the risk.

Both using high dose lope is dangerous as well as inhibiting pgp where with lope you know the dangers come from taking too much, but the pgp inhibition could be extremely dangerous due to diet interactions, medication interactions, making it possible to overdose on lope, and who knows what else. To say the least neither should be promoted... I know someone converted lope into an IV active product, but besides not being able to discuss it I don't really know much about it just that it was done and was successful yet not work doing. If one can't do that though they shouldn't use lope for anything more than controlling ones overactive poop.

I will take possibly oding on Loperamide over suicide. And I think my family would agree.

I?m 12 days off oxy now. From 120 mgs per day. For about 2 years. Cold fucking turkey. Lope really worked for me. And Im pooping like a champion.
I have been reading some of the reports about ACTUAL deaths attributed to Loperamide. The real risk is using 100 mgs or more daily for long periods. A week of 50 mgs/day is not likely to hurt an otherwise healthy person. Neither is a week of constipation.
Take it seriously. Do some research. Take a strong laxative before starting. Only eat healthy. Know that it takes about a day to start working, and continues to work 1-2 days after you take your last one. Start on a high dose, then taper quickly to zero within 5-7 days.
I NEVER could have jumped from 120 mgs oxy without killing myself. I tried several times and failed within 12 hours. My wds this round were rough, but manageable. My family barely noticed I was in withdrawl except that I was tired a lot.
I still have months of PAWS to go, but Im certainly past the worst of it!

Im posting this information here because it seems to be the best thread to do it.
I go back on oxy. 3 weeks of 90 mg/day minimum. The last 5 days was all 180 mg/day. It is really heavy usage but I have an unusually high tolerance. I had 3 days of cold turkey coming so I planned ahead with Loperamide and my physical withdrawal symptoms were almost nothing. Im posting to help everyone in my shoes in the future.

Day number-mg Lope after breakfast, mg lope after dinner -mg oxy(total per day)
1 - 0 , 0 -180
2 - 0,30 - 180
3 - 0,30 -90
4 - 30,30 -30(before breakfast 7am)
5 - 20,20 - 0
6 - 16,16 - 0
7- no lope. Got refill of oxy after breakfast.

I know from experience that serious body aches set in around 12 hours from last dose. I had next to no physical wds. Zero diarrhea or nausea. The depression was harsh, but even that was almost gone by day 7. It is important to note that Loperamide does not take effect for around 24 hours, and sticks with me at least a whole day or more after stopping. My family didnt even notice anything was wrong and I was getting work done around the house every day, as good as I do with oxy.
I am not trying to say I found the cure, but I cant be the only one who could benefit from this information. I can say that I am no longer afraid of wds. Just need to be sure to start 24-48 hours before.
Beware of the stacking effect. Add pills from day 3 to pills from day 4 to calculate total lope in your body. Start tapering lope immediately to get off it completely in under a week.
This is only to get past acute withdrawals. PAWS is a bitch, but this is no cure for that. You dont want to damage your heart with a long term Loperamide habit!!

Last edited:
Thank you Squeaky! I was very scared because I took my last pain pill at 3:00. I have to make it until Thursday morning! I'm starting the lope now. I got so sick last time I ran myself out of pills. Good God it is hard to live in chronic pain and to manage all this stuff. I so appreciate you taking the time to post this!! God bless brother! ❤️

Hang on for relief. You may suffer for 12-24 hours if you start lope right as you are running out of MsContin. But hopefully it will get better. Write down your plan for Loperamide dosing and stick to it. You dont want to get scared that it isnt working and take too much in desperation.

P.S. Imodium does work to relieve withdrawal. I'm on day six of no Suboxone and feel fine. I was gettinh terrible anxiety gooseflesh and rls and it went away a few hours after. Definitely take it after a meal. 20mg held me for 2 days with a 150mg ranitidine Is this just delaying withdrawal or what?

Imagine wd like a 5 gallon bottle of water. Drink it slow over a month or drink it fast over a week. Youre not done until it is all gone, but you dont need to chug it all down at once. The Loperamide allows you to make it last, and therefore not spill it all over yourself in the process.
Wds are due to your brain needing a rewiring now that the pills arent around to artificially manufacture dopamine. Cold turkey means this change must happen fast and harsh. Tapering allows it to happen more slowly, and thereby less painfully. Loperamide gives you the same effect as tapering.

I just took 50 mg Loperamide after dinner. New plan is to take 30mg oxy tomorrow morning, then off oxy for a week or two. This is coming after about 10 days of about 40 mg lope per day, all the while planning on cold turkey off oxy in a day or two. I wussed out every day and the end result is I have just been taking lope for 10 days in addition to oxy. Im coming close to running out of oxy though.

We will see how this works. Its really going to suck if I have just created a tolerance for lope and I dont get relief from oxy wds because of it.

Im writing a childrens book about my trouble going to the bathroom after long term opiate and Loperamide use. Its called - Everyone poops except me.
Im at 50 mg Loperamide/ day. Totally erased my opiate wds, except depression. Im using Lyrica to help with that and sleep.
Im dropping 10 mg/day, so I should be done in a week at most.

The lope taper is going well. Into day 6 now. I woke up with a little body aches, but at least I slept. Using about 600mg Lyrica per day. Still planning on cutting 10 mg per day lope but now it feels like I should be going slower. Im going to keep pushing towards a lower dose of Loperamide though. I really want to get to the lowest dose I can before I start holding for more than one day. I have plenty of Loperamide but I hate that I am taking such high doses. Maybe I will give in around 20 mg and stay there for a few days.

I just took 50 mg Loperamide after dinner. New plan is to take 30mg oxy tomorrow morning, then off oxy for a week or two. This is coming after about 10 days of about 40 mg lope per day, all the while planning on cold turkey off oxy in a day or two. I wussed out every day and the end result is I have just been taking lope for 10 days in addition to oxy. Im coming close to running out of oxy though.

We will see how this works. Its really going to suck if I have just created a tolerance for lope and I dont get relief from oxy wds because of it.
That's a lot of lope mate make sure you stay hydrated.

Im good. Even went to the bathroom a couple of days ago. Im down to 50 mg today total. No real side effects from the Loperamide.

I was on lope for 5 years at 200mg a day. I tapered using kratom, and now Im off lope for 9 days, still using kratom. The kratom helped some, but lope withdrawal after that much, for that long is a bitch.

Yeah, its exactly like oxy wd. Just more manageable for me since lope is cheap and readily available. Im at about 30 mg/day and holding. The physical wds have become difficult.
Funny, I can handle the physical wds or the psychological wds. One is doable. Two makes me suicidal. I had been handling the mind fuck for the past week because I didnt have any physical wds. But now that they are here its starting to feel less hopeful.

No access to street drugs really. And I am not going to my Dr and ask for more meds for fear of being labeled an addict. So........ no. Dxm is not on the menu.

Hey guys, I found an awesome new lopermine product in boots it's boots own instant diareahea release and these tablets really are instant release unlike the other shitty ones they are a third of the price and much more effective to had one on the way back home does anyone know if it is safe to have dxm and lopermine?