MAPS Psilocybin-facilitated treatment for cocaine addiction

I am a huge proponent of this.. there is a major change when an addict goes from doing everything they can to not do something, to not wanting to do it. I believe that the use of mushrooms and LSD can be a huge tool in accomplishing this thinking.

I do wonder if we'll see psychedelics as a mainstream treatment for addiction in our lifetimes. Research really seems to be picking up some steam as it gains social acceptability. That would be freakin awesome.

There is some old research from the 50s & 60s looking at psychedelics & addiction, though I don't think it's terribly rigorous by today's standards. Bill W of alcoholics anonymous was a proponent of such therapy back then as well. It'll be really cool to get a look at this type of thing with all the bells & whistles of modern science.

Most studies of past (circa 1930 to today) are pretty well-done from what I've read (given what science they knew).

Not saying they weren't but it'll be cool to be able to look at the neural correlates of this treatment if it proves effective.