European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Festivals 2014

MrPorter

Bluelighter
As far as I can see, there isn't one of these although I'm pretty sure I remember one beig made in like november. Doesn't pop up when I search "festivals 2014" though so I'm starting one.

Currently going Boomtown, Shambhala and Glastonbury
Has anyone ever stewarded for Oxfam at all? From what I've heard it sounds like a blast, bit annoying we're bound to miss some acts but it's got to be done at some point

Last edited:
no mr porter, no idea what oxfam do on the event in a practical sense, but it sounds like a great idea, Ive never really been to many festivals other the dance oriented ones like creamfields and quite a few global gatherings but these were among the early ones the years either side of millenium when they were only overnight events.

The only one id be bothered about nowadays is glastonbury. My dads getting on a bit now and were both into our music me, the electronic stuff and my dads into more nprmal bands like the killers and stuff. Ive never considered it when the tickets become available. Id like to know how easy it is to buy black market tickets i mean? do you get folk putting them on ebay but i imagine some of the bidding sessions on there might go a bit out of control. Do people do this and if so , dont they get shouted at for touting. Same question applies to ANY match at this summers world cup in brazil?

^not sure, a lot of tickets nowadays require proof of id/card used to purchase with.

Thinking about sonar this year. Would love to see pretty lights, massive attack and bonobo live.

In terms of getting in on the cheap/illegally, hang about the entrance. Met some blokes on stone circle last year that just rushed the gate, because there were so many of them there was no chance of catching them all and then after the first rush, all the security had their hands full so people just walked straight through. Don't recommend it though, I found most of these blokes weren't really the kind of people I wanted to be around at a festival and almost wished they hadn't got in, but there we are. The extortionate ticket prices and absolute lottery actually makes it seem like a good decision.

Currently planning on buying a boomtown ticket and stewarding at Glastonbury and Shambala.
Has anyone ever stewarded for Oxfam at all? From what I've heard it sounds like a blast, bit annoying we're bound to miss some acts but it's got to be done at some point
Wooooo, Boomtown and Shambala. Anyone else for those two? I'm determined to arrange an eadd meet at some point. %)

I've not done Oxfam stewarding before, but thinking about it this year.. plus I've also been looking at some paid stewarding/etc work as well, though those generally seem to involve more hours of working and less time for play.

Does anyone ever go to The Secret Garden Party?
It's just up the road from me but I've never been to it yet & not seen anybody mention it on Bluelight so I just wandered if any Bluelighters do attend it?

SGP is a bit of a sore point with me, I had a ticket to go last year but then my surgery got scheduled for a couple of days after. I gave my ticket to a mate, but then at the last minute my surgery got postponed for a month, so I could have gone after all. My lot that went said it was great though.

I'll usually go to whatever my friends are going to, and I think the only festival anyone is doing this year is Latitude (got a friend who's from Ipswich and goes every year). I went a few years ago and didn't rate it, too quiet and family orientated.

So I don't think I'll be going anywhere this year. Wouldn't fancy festival toilets with my current health state, all the pain and frequency of bathroom visits anyway. Bah!

mrcientist and I are going to Eurockéennes in France to see the Black Keys & Robert Plant. Psyched =D

Does anyone ever go to The Secret Garden Party?
It's just up the road from me but I've never been to it yet & not seen anybody mention it on Bluelight so I just wandered if any Bluelighters do attend it?
I might volunteer/work there this year but friends say it's become a bit.. gentrified recently, and isn't as partyrific as it used to be. It still sounds nicely quirky though.

Yeah these 'underground' festivals sure are becoming 'overground' quickly. Just look at boomtowns attendance, it was what 5k a couple of year back? 30k this year? Mental.
The price of the ticket these days makes me think fuck that, can have a week in zante for cheaper than reading (after food and stuff) this year

Anyone going to symmetry festival? Cheap at £80. Same place as Glade 2012, in norfolk; 6-8th June

I am wondering whether I should weasel out of a semi important meeting at work to attend.

Might also go to SGP depending on how much shit I will get in for not attending gf's birthday..8(

Maybe sunset too, though psytrance only was a bit much for me last year. Zoo project too if we of kosmicare are invited to work there.

That unod site isn't very good, only the lineup page says 2014, everything else is 2015!

I'm off to Sonisphere for the Sunday only - there is a thread about it at the bottom of the page.

Metallica are headlining with a fan-voted 18 song set list. AiC, Dream Theater, Airbourne & Reel Big Fish too... will be epic.

Anyone going to symmetry festival? Cheap at £80. Same place as Glade 2012, in norfolk; 6-8th June
I would but am not around then.. a mate goes to a *lot* of festivals (the Bomtown/SGP/Alchemy/etc ones) and said that it was by far his favourite last year, which surprised me.

nice RLP, what date is that on? only one festival for me this year, and that is tomorrowland :)

35.14 onwards, that is all :) mates are all off to t in the park week before i go to tomorrowland, but i cannot miss this, been off mdma and every stim for a while now and want to feel clean as fuck for when i go !

Glastonbury and Parklife, even if the latter is now full of prats.

I'm going to V fest again :\ Starting to get bored of the (mostly) shite music there, but we go every year and its only 5 mins away.

Also going to Zoo Project festival in September. Never been before. Anyone good?

Boomtown headed EADDers should, like, meet up at Boomtown.

Yes! So far there's you, me and DS, I think. Are you going with friends or on your own, btw?

Last edited: