• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP knock

I assume Swampy's intentions were for you to PM us mods if you genuinely wish to attend his funeral, as it states 'everyone welcome'. Just waiting for her to clarify that with me though :)
Oh, yeah, that was the idea. I just didn't think it was a great plan having the full details in this thread. I PMed you guys the details as I might not be around much next week to answer PMs.. and sadly I won't be able to attend the funeral due to work, anyway. :(

Anyone else want to contribute towards some flowers for the funeral ?
Sure.. but I'm not sure how that's done? Is it just a case of ordering flowers from a local florist and telling them the details? Either way, if you figure it out, I'll contribute a little.

Nice one Kronos with the just giving page. Anyone else want to contribute towards some flowers for the funeral ?

Yes would love to but ive no money untl Wednesday i've my child nenefit coming Tuesday but that's only £20.30 n I want to donate some of that to this MS for knock. Please PM me what I'd need to do to donate towards flowers?

Oh, yeah, that was the idea. I just didn't think it was a great plan having the full details in this thread. I PMed you guys the details as I might not be around much next week to answer PMs.. and sadly I won't be able to attend the funeral due to work, anyway. :(

Ok, I figured that was the idea, just wanted to double check. So PM us mods for the funeral details, guys.

Michaels death has rattled me more than I would have expected...being about the same age, and getting to" know him " the past 4 years...but he was still just "some smart and funny caring guy on the Internet"...it has made me really examine my drug use and motivation to "be happy"...

I'm nowhere near where I was, say ten or fifteen years ago, but drug taking at this point is more escapist, hedonistic, and counter productive than it used to be...I don't know, maybe "the drugs just don't work" anymore...

But surely joy can be had in life, and it doesn't have to end like this. If I am feeling like this I hate to think what his family is feeling.

RIP Michael <3

And FFS be careful people, seek help if you need it...if you fail, keep trying <3 it's gotta get better with time..

Fucking hell, 228% of the target already. Big <3 to everyone who's donated

Wow someone has given £50 oh that's ace. No matter what people say about "druggies," they ought to come here n see that good that being done out of something so very terrible. To see how everyone is coming together to do something in Knock's memory. And the fact a lot of people don't have much money here speaks volumes on the good of people here. Oh I wish so much that Knock could see all this xxxx

Tis lovely... although I dont like been the tightest one on there... tis all this peasant could muster though ;)

Wow someone has given £50 oh that's ace. No matter what people say about "druggies," they ought to come here n see that good that being done out of something so very terrible. To see how everyone is coming together to do something in Knock's memory. And the fact a lot of people don't have much money here speaks volumes on the good of people here. Oh I wish so much that Knock could see all this xxxx

Yeah exactly, we ain't all bad. Even people here who are skint are giving money. It's really encouraging to see. Put in £20 myself, hope we keep on going

Haven't been here much lately so just heard of this terrible news. Another great man bites the dust. RIP knock :( <3

OK, there's logistical problems getting flowers delivered to creamatoriums unless you have the funeral directors name, or the families address, as unless they have either of those details or dont get the timing just right, it could all go wrong, and they could miss the service. Also Id need to get any donations paid into my paypal account quickly to get this done on time and to know how much was available to spend on the flowers and the delivery charges. I can see things not working out properly with this idea, so think we'd all be better just sticking to the one Justgiving page set up by Kronos.

Not that money is the issue here, but getting a really nice display can cost up to the amount allready donated to the MS page. We'd be better all sticking to that, as one single fund all going towards that page will have a more long lasting effect.

Any one think that adding a picture of him to the justgiving page from one of his facebook pictures is a good idea or not ?

Last edited:
Maybe just a pic of the charity's logo? Then again it is because of the wonders of Mike that this has been done in the first place.... hmmm.. Other's thoughts on the matter?

I just wanted to say how brilliant it is that the (very low) target has been utterly smashed!
^_^

I remember from the page made from Evad's passing that the target can be raised continually - Maybe it'd be worth doing? :)

Love to all the love <3 EADD is a truly special place no matter who says otter (small mammal) wise xxx

Is anyone going to tell Michaels sister about the justgiving page ? Is it a good idea to let her know or not ?

She's the person who's been doing the facebook communications. £323 so far. Actions speak louder than words sometimes

Is anyone going to tell Michaels sister about the justgiving page ? Is it a good idea to let her know or not ?

She's the person who's been doing the facebook communications.

All the comments seem pretty benign to me. I can't see why not let her know that some small good has come from such a tragedy. If Swarm gets asked, he can always say it was a music based web forum. Knock did after all like to "dance like a loon on acid & MDMA", so his family might have noticed he liked music...

That line makes me sad every time. It really shouldn't should it? It should make me smile. It doesn't.

Honestly think just giving to the charity on the first page would be enough, and better than having flowers sent, but maybe that's just me and maybe people want to do both

Think it sunk in a bit over the weekend. Was a bit out of it (hardly a surprise 8)) but with what felt like a rather deep undercurrent of melancholia. Did not feel... as expected. This is surely a Good Thing though cos it was weeks - if not months - before Lin's death started to really sink in. I've noticed I've gotten better at dealing with emotions - not good at, but better than before - this last year or so. Maybe instead of just getting a bit old I'm actually getting a bit mature. Little bit. Smidge. Heading in the right direction anyway.

Nice work on the donations too, folks. I can't actually recall whether I get paid this week or next week, either way I'll chip in a lil something as and when available. Would love to make it up to the funeral, but can't and I suspect it'd be a lil awkward anyway so probably for the best. Would be nice to do something though and donating to such a suitable charity seems apt. I'm sure Michael would appreciate the choice of charity and the enthusiastic and generous donations over such a brief period. Nice to see that even druggy wasters can - and do - think of others when suitably moved.

You guys are absolutely incredible, thank you all who donated & sent good wishes. I thought we'd get £100 if we're lucky, guess it just shows how much knock was and is loved on here

I dont feel comfortable with lying. It will lead to more lies. Eg she might want to know what music forum if you made one up she may want to thank them n explore. Maybe they are aware of BL? I'm not suggesting tell them but I dom't like the lies. Why are we acting ashamed of BL when we are clearly showing that there is good coming from here n that knock did so much good? It just seems wrong somehow......

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont feel comfortable with lying. It will lead to more lies. Eg she might want to know what music forum if you made one up she may want to thank them n explore. Maybe they are aware of BL? I'm not suggesting tell them but I dom't like the lies. Why are we acting ashamed of BL when we are clearly showing that there is good coming from here n that knock did so much good? It just seems wrong somehow......

fair point...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got nothing to do with be ashamed of BL. If the family didn't know about what Knock got up to behind closed doors then I don't think this is a good way or time to find out. I wouldn't want to find out this way. What seems normal to us may shock others. I'd hate to think that by doing something that seems innocent would in some cause distress or heaven forbid soil Knocks memory for his family. They have got enough to worry about with the funeral coming up. We are doing our thing in memory of Michael with the just giving page to demonstrate what he meant to us. Lets not cause any undue hurt to his family at a difficult time and leave it at that please.

Why don't you just say his online friends? Or his friends from a forum? You don't need to lie and say it's a music forum, you don't need to tell the whole truth and say it's bluelight.org.