• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the appeal of prescription drugs?

Bmn2014

Greenlighter
I've never understood why some people prize prescription drugs so highly, let alone buy them online. Benzos are just shitty alcohol, ritalin is shitty coke, adderall is shitty speed, oxy and vicodin are shitty heroin, and many of the best drugs (mdma, acid) don't even have Rx equivalents. What do people seriously see in these drugs?

the only one I can see that's remotely helpful is modafinil, and that's far from a fun drug, just good for giving you a kick up the ass and getting you through the night when youve got a dissertation due the next day.

If it's all you have and all you know... It's what it is. I used to look at them in that regard to I developed a tolerance and now I steer clear of them unless I'm stockpiling to ward off sickness. Only thing I'd be remotely interested in is opana and that's if it has zero time release.

Depending on the drug/current tolerance, I actually prefer the pharmaceutical form. Adderall may be weaker speed, but cmon... It's still amphetamine a very potent drug. Meth isn't really necessary unless you're trying to go super tweak mode or have a tolerance. And in my opinion, vyvanse in particular, is a better stimulant experience than say some average quality coke. For opiates, I prefer oxy to heroin. I've done a lot of both and the insufflated rush of oxy with a low tolerance seemed almost unmatched. The only thing that can match it for me is IV heroin and I luckily never did that with any regularity. The fact that I only snort or take stuff orally definitely plays a role in my opinions here. Besides that, I also take other things into consideration, such as my ability to take the drug recreationally. I find it hard to do heroin recreationally and not at all habitually. It's also scarier to play around with as far as giving yourself withdrawals. My last point in favor of pharmaceuticals, you ALWAYS know what you're getting. Maybe some filler substance in the pill but atleast it's not some other harmful substance that some dipshit is cutting into the bag. So to me, there's definitely advantages of prescription drugs.

I agree with Bman2, atleast if I get adderall from my friend's prescription I know it's going to be like shitty speed and not a bunch of filler and plant food...

I'm stuck in the lamo camp of having to resort to by pharms online for actual pain. Since I can't get them legit. Heroin is a way cheaper alternative but I'm all alone here and have no idea how to IV, or even IM.

Can anyone point me in the direction of IV and IM threads dealing with instruction and safety? I'm curiious and'd like to start some research on the procedure.

How about ketamine? That's a pharm drug, and it'll fucking rock you if you IV that shit. I've only had it under a doc's supervision but I loved it. I'd use it everyday if I could. Awesome stuff if you can find a trusted vendor and know it's for sure not poison.

Apparently if you dose properly it's way safer than opioids. There is virtually no risk of respiratory distress.

The appeal of prescription drugs is that they ARE prescription drugs - they are drugs that get prescribed by doctors legally in the U.S. everyday - I think that people (like me, formerly) who get into scrips like Adderall/Vyvanse, etc. etc., are attracted to how these drugs do get made to exact specifications in factories and are fundamentally connected to being dispensed by doctors, not drug dealers.

Of course, everything I said is idiotic to actually give a fuck about, since scrip drugs are just as, if not more, dangerous than most illegal drugs. The main thing they have going for them is that they will technically give you the exact same high/fix every single time.

Like omni said, I prefer prescription drugs because I know exact what I'm getting when I put a percocet up my nose. It's not like heroin where you can go through multiple bags just to feel straight one day, and then get one bag from your dude the next day that puts you straight out. Consistency, my friend.

The appeal is in their widespread availability and more concrete ingredients, as in I know I'm taking 10mg hydrocodone when I eat a 10mg hydrocodone.

If you've been prescribed them, then it's legal to take them. You can be an opiate or stimulant addict and never get in trouble with the law.

They have consistent quality control. Same contents and same dose every time.

RX drug marketing is so incredibly pervasive that the authorities are basically giving you the nod to be using an RX (no pun intended).

It's more socially acceptable to be taking an RX and the general population will question you less for it.

There's a denial factor in that a lot of people believe they're not really harming themselves because it's "medicine", which is what my parents' generation did. They were functional addicts to their RXs and acted like they weren't, then got all righteous about people who "do drugs".

Benzos are just shitty alcohol, ritalin is shitty coke, adderall is shitty speed, oxy and vicodin are shitty heroiny.

benzos=less toxic than alcohol, last longer
ritalin, adderall, oxy, vicodin=all safer than the drugs you listed, due to known purity, knowing what you're getting, knowing the mg, etc. basically less likely to kill/harm you. this is discounting the high.

and "speed" is actually available by prescription, if you're talking US speed (methamphetamine.)

heroin is way deadlier than vicodin in the current state of affairs due to widely fluctuating purity and much stronger drugs like fentanyl used as cuts. i honestly wouldn't be surprised if it starts getting cut with that krokadil shit the dope game is shady.

If you've been prescribed them, then it's legal to take them. You can be an opiate or stimulant addict and never get in trouble with the law.

They have consistent quality control. Same contents and same dose every time.

RX drug marketing is so incredibly pervasive that the authorities are basically giving you the nod to be using an RX (no pun intended).

It's more socially acceptable to be taking an RX and the general population will question you less for it.

There's a denial factor in that a lot of people believe they're not really harming themselves because it's "medicine", which is what my parents' generation did. They were functional addicts to their RXs and acted like they weren't, then got all righteous about people who "do drugs".

Basically. This. Your right about the denial thing though. Which reminds me of a corey smith song which points out the denial that legal drug users experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlWf9CIND30

Last edited:
oxy is straight sex. i don't risk getting a criminal record by taking em. they are what the box says. my insurance pays for half.it's only cos im so baked that I'm posting here.

Prescription pills are so much more ideal to buy illicitly, especially in open air markets. You know exactly what you are getting (if you are well-versed, that is).

Regarding highs, it is a matter of personal preference. I prefer a shot of dilaudid to a shot of heroin any day. Sometimes the rarity of a drug is really fun. Fentanyl lolipops, pharmaceutical Opium, Marinol, liquid ampules... good stuff. I cannot wait to see pharmaceutical MDMA.

There are very few pharmaceutical psychedelics, however.

people call roxicodones percocets these days, any oxycodone pretty much actually, probably what he meant.
Or he is REALLY putting percs up his nose. I've heard of many people doing it & it's unbelievably retarded. I saw some intervention type show on TV where this girl was taking massive doses of percs insufflated. These are the people that say "hey here's some oxy, let's snort it!" Then don't even look into what they're really snorting. *Facepalm*

Made in a clean fda regulated environment guarenteed dosage nearly impossible to cut or adulterate what's not to like my man?

You know you s should try them they can be just as good as street drugs and all have there own characteristics.

Agreed on the snorting percs being retarded as fuck lol snorting oxy is a waste of drugs in the first place although understandable for the onset but add some Tylenol to the mix and you'd be an idiot on to just eat them. Your going to waste them and ruin your sinuses with all the filler and apap.