• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the appeal of prescription drugs?

Easily obtainable, don't have to deal with dealers, purity is guaranteed. Who wouldn't want to use prescription drugs? Lol. But nowadays with the darknet you can pretty much get any shit you want delivered straight to your mailbox, how does it get better than that?

IME most people who opt for Rx drugs simply haven't graduated to street dope yet, or they're part of the lucky minority who have a steady supply. Idk, I find that Rx pills have a more limited availability. Aside from ordering online, and I typically wouldn't trust that any more than I would buying a sack from a random off the streets.
I think people feel safer taking pills and less of a "junkie".

Comparisons! (mostly approximate)

Dexedrine - Pharmaceutical-grade speed

Dexoxyn - Pharmaceutical-grade meth

Benzos - Sort of like a more refined version of alcohol, generally less euphoric and less toxic, not quite as likely to blow up in your face when used to manage anxiety

Morphine - Like heroin, but more itchy

Fentanyl - Like heroin, but more likely to kill you if used without medical supervision

Oxycodone - Like heroin, but more orally active

Ketamine - Sort of similar to DXM and PCP

I don't find benzos to feel remotely like alcohol.... If anything, a low dose of ketamine would feel similar to alcohol in my opinion.

Last edited:
Uhhh, if you are the only one with a bill,plastic card/id and a place to do it usually wins me a free pill that lasts fer a while. Compared to crack or something. I dont even let that shit touch my card.

Uhhh, if you are the only one with a bill,plastic card/id and a place to do it usually wins me a free pill that lasts fer a while. Compared to crack or something. I dont even let that shit touch my card.

lol, wut?

Maybe its the thrill of taking a pill to get high? Back innn the day they didnt have pills, so when whoever the fuck came out with pills that made you feel better people were like 'holy fucking shit! I can take this pill you say and it will get me high!?'

I mean when i railed my first oc 80 like years ago that was really my first pill experience, and have been in love ever since.

IME most people who opt for Rx drugs simply haven't graduated to street dope yet, or they're part of the lucky minority who have a steady supply. Idk, I find that Rx pills have a more limited availability. Aside from ordering online, and I typically wouldn't trust that any more than I would buying a sack from a random off the streets.
I think people feel safer taking pills and less of a "junkie".

This is 100% ny view on this cuz I was one if those peoe. Not that I thought it couldn't happen. I tried it a few times and didn't get addicted to just dope till I found a steady connect and it completely fucked me up. I've been mentally (I've had minor w/d before but nothing like what it was when I started doing dope on the regular and my tolerance skyrocketed)addicted for the most part till dope came along and I became dependent. I thought id stay at 25mgs of oxy forever. Its crazy how 4 years ago what almost made me die from overdosing. I was barely breathing and was fucked up for like a day and a half. I had 120 mgs of oxy (in 7.5/325 percs)and I had 4 mg. now I could do that dose but id cut the Ativan in half.

Either way I didn't think I could get to where I was and would just stick with oxy but when dope is cheaper and better and worth more then your tolerance goes up then you're fucked

they're still drugs?

I'd like to eat a fine steak dinner every night but guess the fuck what

I dont

Quality is consistent, convenient dosing, some pharmaceuticals are stronger than similar street drugs and are only available as a pharm. In some places they are easier to get than street drugs.

I've never understood why some people prize prescription drugs so highly, let alone buy them online. Benzos are just shitty alcohol, ritalin is shitty coke, adderall is shitty speed, oxy and vicodin are shitty heroin, and many of the best drugs (mdma, acid) don't even have Rx equivalents. What do people seriously see in these drugs?

the only one I can see that's remotely helpful is modafinil, and that's far from a fun drug, just good for giving you a kick up the ass and getting you through the night when youve got a dissertation due the next day.

You are wrong. In my opinion, hydrocodone is the best opiate besides natural opium. What makes it so good? I'm actually not entirely sure but I do know one thing, which is that it's a lot less potent than heroin. You might be saying, ok so why is that a good thing?
Well, it's a good thing because higher potency doesn't necessarily equal better high but what it does equal is worse tolerance, withdrawal and side effects as well as overdose risk.

For a non opiate tolerant person, taking enough hydrocodone will yield just as euphoric a high as heroin only it will not jack up the person's tolerance as much. Basically you should always start with the least potent possible drug at the lowest dose that will still grant you the desired effects. Heroin is way over powered for a non tolerant person. It's meant for someone who has been using opiates a long time already and has a massive tolerance. Otherwise it's simply overkill. If I had to be on an opiate daily and I could choose between hydrocodne and heroin I'd choose hydrocodone hands down. Heroin makes me feel overly sedated and out of it. It's a crappy drug in my opinion. The only advantage it has over hydrocodone is that you can shoot it but we all know where that leads.

As for benzos, I agree benzos are shitty drugs but mainly because of the withdrawal and damage they cause. They do have some advantages over alcohol, for instance they are much better sleep inducers If I just want to relax and go to sleep, alcohol is not a good option. Usually after having a drink I actually feel more awake as for me at least the initial effect is stimulating. If I drink more I get more stimulated until a while later when the depressant effects finally kick in and then I wake up with a hangover. With benzos you just pop a pill and then 10 minutes later you feel good and relaxed and it feels really good to just lie down and go to sleep and there usually isn't much of a hangover.

As for adderall, I don't think adderall is really that much worse compared to other forms of speed. Everyone is different but I believe some people prefer adderall overall meth and dexamphetame. I am not a user of those type of drugs so you will have to ask the speed freaks for clarification.

This thread is like 5 years old but I'll add my 2c, just wanted to respond to this bit:
Bmn2014 said:
adderall is shitty speed
Makes no sense. Does anyone really prefer racemic amphetamine to a dextro-heavy blend? :?

When I abused it a good decade ago, i preferred some levoamphetamine in the mix--not racemic but with levo in it. otherwise it was fun but not as thrilling.

So you can look down on people who dont have a prescription when I was 18 I knew i needed a codeine prescription and i got it.. And today my chemist whoes very nice and funny actually said im lucky because everyone else on pain relief these days gets either naproxen or ibuprofen lol made me appreciate the value of a proper prescription these are the pure codeine tablets to so I can take as many as I want at the moment though im trying to wait as long as possible because I need to cut down I had 256mg but it didn't taste bitter so i probably got like 128mg of codeine if that and it made last night a little uncomfortable I wish id just saved that cocodomal or waited until today but 128mg is a lot lower than my normal daily dose so i think its safe to assume my next dose will be more potent if you cant see the value in a prescription you probably have not had an addiction ive never ever got opiates from ilegal sources except for one two times i got pure dhc tablet off this college girls brother which were better than I expected a lot more potent than the shiity excuse which is paramol man im so glad to have a prescription reading threads like this makes me appreciate it that much more