• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's the appeal of prescription drugs?

There are unique prescription drugs that offer things recreational drugs don't (for the drug connoisseur). For example I think Ketobemidone is a pretty unique opiate that feels different from most other opiates I have tried. It is not available on the streets. Hydromorphone is another prescription opiate that is praised by many as having a better rush than heroin and it is also not available to buy as powder from your local dealer.

Gabapentin and pregabalin are two prescription drugs enjoyed by many people over the world. No recreational drug offers the same kind of effects as these drugs.

There is probably much more to add and then there is the obvious reason that you always get what you paid for. If you get a pill marked OC 80 then you know it's oxycontin 80mg. If you get a bag of heroin from your local dealer it could contain god knows what really.

If prescription drugs were cheaper I would always choose them over the powders sold.

If you get a pill marked OC 80 then you know it's oxycontin 80mg.

not 100% there were some fakes a couple years ago, it's possible to press up fake pills most don't go through the trouble to scam like that though.

It depends on what you like.
For benzos vs. alcohol... I seriously can't imagine why anyone would choose alcohol. I love benzos. They calm me down, make me chill and relaxed. Alcohol does NOT do that for me.
And oxys vs. heroin... well heroin is okay but oxys can make you nod and the feeling is just ... better.

I'm not saying that my favourites are the "best", just my personal favourites. Everyone is different :)

You know what you're getting. Plus, I grew up in a culture of pharma use (swiping dads old Perc's, popping my Metadate CD while moms popped Klonnies)

Not everyone wasnt to be blasted on coke or heroin. Maybe they just want a subtle high or boost throughout the day. And youre guaranteed to know what youre getting. No chance of powdered milk or a pebble in a balloon.

I get bad anxiety before timed tests at college and yake .5mg xanax othereise im so anxious and my hands shaling i cant write. Would never drink alcohol. Also helps to ease social swkwardness at dinner partiea and such. I actually dont like alcohol at all.

Adderall helps some people study and doesnt have the shit comedown that most the stomped on coke around here has. Well, it doesnt have a bad comedown as.long as you dont go overboard.

Prescription opiates come with a sense of security. They are legit, you know what to expect and they cant be cut by some punk weenie.

Last edited:
Or he is REALLY putting percs up his nose. I've heard of many people doing it & it's unbelievably retarded. I saw some intervention type show on TV where this girl was taking massive doses of percs insufflated. These are the people that say "hey here's some oxy, let's snort it!" Then don't even look into what they're really snorting. *Facepalm*
Lol I saw that one a few hours ago on Netflix. She was injecting and snorting percs, Vics, AND Xanax. Like wtf. All I could do was shake my head.

adderall is shitty speed

You couldn't be more wrong. How can meth/amphetmaines be shitty in their purest forms? Doubt you'll find street garbage that can compare to the purity of either Dexedrine (amphetmaine) or Desoxyn (methamphetamine)

ritalin is shitty coke

Ritalin might be shitty since its not pure d-methylphenidate, but focalin on the other hand can easily compete. Either way they're both shit, cocaine included. DRI's are a joke.

Benzos are just shitty alcohol

From what I've been hearing, stuff like temazepam are very euphoric. Since when is alcohol even moderately euphoric? That alone makes benzodiazepines better.

Alcohol is certainly more euphoric then any benzos and I've tried most countless times.
But i do prefer benzos for sure..

Prescription drugs are the best imo. The high that hydromorphone/Oxy produces is wayyyy better than any heroin I have ever used. And like another poster had mentioned..I know what I am getting not some fucking cut stepped on shit that god knows wtf is in it.

Prescription oxycodone is really just as good as heroin as far as I'm concerned (for injectable preparations); having extensive experience with both. Oxymorphone and hydromorphone have better rushes than heroin hands down. The appeal to me is getting it legally and paid for by insurance. But if I didn't have those resources, I absolutely would not pay more for rx over heroin.

Pretty much what everyone else has said about the safety of knowing what's in the substance I am ingesting. Recently, I had my first experience of losing a friend to a heroin OD. Evidently, she had got hold of some of that stuff that was all over the news, the junk cut with fentynal. She had only ever snorted it, never used a needle, and yet she still died. Losing her this way has made me never want to touch an opiate again, to be honest.

Moreover, I only ever use orally. I have never snorted, IVd, IMd, plugged, or smoked. (Well,once a friend talked me into snorting some crushed up oxycodone, but all it did was burn and make me sneeze.) If I am not mistaken, nobody eats heroin, so that would never be a drug that would work for me.

I've always liked prescription opiates, and I also have a chronic pain condition for which I NEED rx opiates in order to function. It's absolutely excruciating pain, but fortunately the rx opiates do help. I am prescribed some morphine injectable for IM use for my pain, and there's nothing 'shitty' about that stuff! In fact, it's been a Godsend. IM morphine is the only drug that gets me to almost a 0 pain level, when my ordinary daily pain level is nearly a 10.

For sleep, I find benzo's to be worth their weight in gold! I'd never be able to get to sleep naturally, given my constant severe pain level.

I also like MDMA and LSD. I did these in psychotherapy, which was very interesting and enlightening. I've also done them at raves and in nature, both of which have their appeal. (I knew that I was getting quality MDMA and LSD from my therapist).

When I started to experience my pain syndrome, I was prescribed all sorts of pharmaceuticals, to see if anything would work. I've never done any sort of speed, so I can't speak for that. Of the rx drugs that I have tried, there were many that I did not like and were ineffective. But I do like opiates and benzos, since those are the only two classes of drugs that have ever helped my pain.

And there's something reassuring about getting one's drugs from a pharmacist. You always know the exact purity and you know it's not cut with anything. Not to mention you don't have to worry about doing anything illegal, provided you ARE legitimately being prescribed the drugs.

I recall reading that Keith Richards once told John Phillips (Mama's and Papa's): "Pharmaceuticals are for wimps". This was when Keith was using heroin. Phillips strongly disagreed, and preferred to use pharmaceutical IV dilaudid. To each his own, I guess! I'm sure that pharmaceutical speed and pharmaceutical cocaine have their own aficionados, too. I remember reading about pharmaceutical cocaine (and methamphetamine) use in John Phillips' autobiography and also in David Crosby's autobiography. Those rock stars partied hard, and many of them PREFERRED RX drugs.

The appeal is in their widespread availability and more concrete ingredients, as in I know I'm taking 10mg hydrocodone when I eat a 10mg hydrocodone.

This is the most summed up reason.

You know the exact fucking thing, down to the molecule. EXACT.

From what I've been hearing, stuff like temazepam are very euphoric. Since when is alcohol even moderately euphoric? That alone makes benzodiazepines better.

Dawg, thats totally subjective. I love benzos and booze both and alcohol is definitely more euphoric IMO. It solves my anxiety as well as benzos and if it didn't have calories it might even take precedence (I have a script so my bennies are basically free)

I would choose benzos over alcohol any day, to me i actually view alcohol as shitty benzos lol. i also suffer from constant anxiety maybe thats why i am the way i am.

I think it's the other way around. I'm from the old school. I prefer Oxys over heroine. Been using Oxys since 2006. I will pay any amount to have Oxys. Will use heroine only if I cannot find Oxys at all.

Now my question is that I have been snorting 15mg oxymorphone (opana), for a while and want to try to slam it. I'm not sure though how to prepare it for slamming.