View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ismene, it was being released in small quantities to exclusive people once or twice a month until recently. Then it was made available and was gone right away...perhaps 48 hours. I believe the people that missed out on the six month stint youre speaking of are waiting like rabid wolves and buying it up. And I think this will happen again....the masses are hungry....this is the highest quality RC since LSD bar none.

I still have some hits left and I'm thinking of dropping 2 in a couple weeks. I'll be interested to how weed will effect the trip. I wasn't able to smoke due to drug tests my first two times doing it. I mixed some k with it though which went lovely. The first time I didn't do the K until the come down to get a good idea of the effects of just the al-lad and it was still amazing.

I don't post much... But I got to say AL-Lad is a winner @ 1 1/2 to 2 hits... I hope it comes back as well, must stock up... I like it because it is a much shorter duration then LSD with lots of euphoria and visuals, but it wont replace LSD in my book, it's missing something but not much.... I am adding this to my magical 5 ...

What was the body load like on 2 tabs? all smooth or some discomfort?

Alan Ladd seems to be more intense visually than LSD - certainly 300 mics of Ladd will leave you barely able to make out the opposite side of the room for visuals.

Pardon me, but the only logical nickname for AL-LAD is Aladdin. It simply can't be called anything else.

....the masses are hungry.....

I don't think a psychedelic will ever get near the popularity of something like mephedrone or cannabis substitutes tho. It's always going to be a minority activity - you arn't going to get gangs of teenagers going out on 300mics of alan ladd.

Pardon me, but the only logical nickname for AL-LAD is Aladdin.

Sounds a bit gay tho.

Any new "predictions" on whether it may be available soon again en masse?

Engage patience. It's on the cards. No time-frame yet, but it's definitely on the cards.

Last time, it took awhile for the original vendor to sell out. Other vendors reselling Al-Lad were sourcing from the same place & it was they, not the original, who dribbed & drabbed the material onto the market, creating something of a demand for the drug. The original vendor, however, has a "members list" that is occassionaly closed to newbies because of the demand, & because, IF these new lysergides can be kept quiet, with any luck the fuckers in government might not ever notice. Once Al-Lad goes mainstream, if it started appearing in High Street Legal Highs, the law will catch up fast.

you arn't going to get gangs of teenagers going out on 300mics of aladdin.

Maybe not gangs of teenagers, but I can see throngs of ravers dosing this stuff.
I haven't tested mine out yet to know personally if it lives up to the hype, but judging from what everyone says, I think AL-LAD could really explode. If a lab puts out a huge batch of this, and with the www distro, and discrete nature of the product, this could go off big like LSD did way back in the day. I think it could really go off for the festivals this summer. Conveniently, the nickname will fit perfectly hand in hand with the middle eastern vibes that have been bubbling up in Trap music lately:

Turn Down for What - DJ Snake, lil Jon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
Dillon Francis & DJ Snake - Get Low: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDshxkKCYTQ
Flechette - Bones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--649nVo2wU
Drunk in Love - Beyonce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JPKLa-Ofc&feature=kp

It will all depend on how much AL-LAD can be produced though. I'm praying that someone can manufacture it on the scale to get this into the hands of anyone who wants some. The stars are aligned for this to go off, feels to me like we're destined for 2014 summer of alladin.

I think AL-LAD could really explode. If a lab puts out a huge batch of this, and with the www distro, and discrete nature of the product, this could go off big like LSD did way back in the day.

That's a big if.

Other than that, I agree. A-mazing stuff!

Yep, it all comes down to volume of supply for sure. Fingers crossed!!!
C'mon you al-lad chemist(s), bless the world, let the genie out of the bottle!!

I bet whoever is producing al-lad is reading this thread.

I don't know man, when was in highschool LSD was as big as cannabis and acohol. Theres was a sliver of the population that considered acid a "hard" drug and for this reason only, would not indulge. Back then it was extrememly cheap, available and produced an intense and and long lasting break from reality. It was popular. That being said AL-LAD is even easier to handle than acid, so it will have an even larger popularity if it ever gets bigger

I'm not so sure perpetual. I just don't think psychedelics are the kind of thing that the bulk of the population are going for. They want something comfortable and controllable that gives them energy.

I definately don't think the makers of al-lad will produce enough that all these "head shops" will ever stock it. The last thing we need is those idiots getting hold of it and selling it as "The new acid".

That being said AL-LAD is even easier to handle than acid

Depends on the dose - 300mics of al-lad is going to give anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience with acid a pretty terrifying time. Particularly if they were hoping to be dancing or clubbing. They're going to be curled up in a corner utterly bewildered. I certainly couldn't "chat" to anyone when I was on 300mics of al-lad and I've taken psychedelics in sufficient dosage to stun a charging rhino.

Last edited:
Ismene, I totally agree that the bulk of the population would never take AL-LAD, or any other psychedelic for that matter, not in this lifetime. I just see the potential for AL-LAD to sweep through the underground, in the same way that LSD did back in the 60's and 70's, the same way MDMA did in the 80's and 90's. Given the efficient nature of it's distro and the huge and established psychedelic culture, I think the conditions are prime! It all comes down to supply though.

well MDMA is basically pop culture now, probably because its so "user friendly", its constantly in the lyrical content of well known rap artists music. And sure you can take enough MDMA or any drug for that matter and it potentially may produce unwanted effects. I don't see AL-LAD ever getting that big only bc of its scarcity but I feel that it would be palatable to a wider spectrum of folks as an introductory psychedelic that has less potential to scare people off. I don't know , where I went to highschool in the mid 90's, SF bay area LSD was very popular. Basically if you smoked weed it was safe to say you dabbled with acid

IDT AL-LAD will move on past the knowing RC community and the Jam/Rave scenes. I almost don't want it to as well, because it can get serious at higher doses, and people shouldn't go into psychedelics with a disrespectful attitude, or they'll kick your ass.

in the same way that LSD did back in the 60's and 70's

Did LSD really sweep the country? I know it got a lot of publicity but I never got the feeling many people were dropping it. I just don't think that many people would find LSD enjoyable. I'm a psychedelic enthusiast but even so, staying up for 20 hours on acid is still pretty heavy duty. I don't think our moms and dads would have been that keen on it.

There was a period in the UK from 2004 to 2007 when mushrooms were legal which I think was probably a lot more popular than the acid era. At least mushrooms last a more reasonable length of time and you don't have to devote a whole weekend to them before you can get any sleep.

Did LSD really sweep the country?
I'm not sure which country you mean. Sounds like you're from the USA. It did sweep USA and Canada, but that "sweep" was probably still under 2%. It was really mainly the counter-culture "tune in turn on drop out" movement that got into tripping on acid back then, and probably some curious univeristy types as well. I don't know about UK and Europe, but it probably was similar there too. The rest of the world, surely not.

I know it got a lot of publicity but I never got the feeling many people were dropping it. I just don't think that many people would find LSD enjoyable. I'm a psychedelic enthusiast but even so, staying up for 20 hours on acid is still pretty heavy duty. I don't think our moms and dads would have been that keen on it.

My moms and dads were keen on it ;) I know a lot of people from that generation who dosed back in the day. Acid was dosed waaay stronger back then. Marijuana was weaker, acid was stronger.

This is getting way of topic. Sorry.

Edit: here are some stats on LSD "initiation" in the USA 1965-2003, for anyone interested:
http://www.briancbennett.com/charts/nsduh/new-users/new-lsd.htm
Between 1970 and 1974 there were over 700,000 people in the USA trying LSD for their first time in each year. That's quite a lot I'd say!
Edit: That means that by 1974, over 2.5% of the USA population had tried LSD. Over 5 million people. wow

Last edited:
Did LSD really sweep the country?

From what i've been told by people of that generation it definitely did sweep the country (UK) to an extent - along with the hippie culture among the youth (and cannabis) - a minority to be sure but still quite extensive. Though i think it only really spread around the provinces a few years later than it was in that london among the posh hippies - so i think about 68-70 is when it really properly spread around the country among the youth (but it was around before then too). Don't forget that it was also available to some non-hippies when it was legal - like i was told about a psychiatrist my dad knew who had a bottle of liquid lsd in his cupboard that he'd get out to show off with at dinner parties (this would have been mid 60s).

Of course by the time the julie people were making it (early-mid 70s?) we were technically the biggest producers in the world for a while (in wales specifically); and they weren't even the only ones doing it in the uk then (there was some other lot in england somewhere, though not as pure).

Last edited:
I've tried this chem 3 times, at 300ug, and twice at 600ug. It's very nice but I'd like to push it further. It seems about half as potent as LSD by weight. But given sufficient dose I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference. The visuals might have a slightly different character. I might notice that. But otherwise it's remarkably similar to LSD. Good shit. Can't wait till a fresh synth comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.