• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share something POSITIVE from your day vs. it's all around you

I'm having a great day, it's my day off, efficient as ever! Cleaned the house, cooked salads and muffins for the next few days, did some laundry, all the while taking liberal bong rips and listening to good podcasts. Getting prepared to walk my dog now...

An old friend made a visit, it was great to catch up. I've let so many friendships lapse over the last few years

I'm really proud of myself. Ate cookies yesterday instead of hitting the bottle. It's not the best intervention, but it's something.

Had a great first day of work :)
nice!

friendswedding!.png

so excited for them! this wedding has been anticipated for years. the invitation is pretty. don't understand how it didn't break in the mail.

^ Excellent not drinking! And Cookies will not harm your liver. :)

So true, I was at my heaviest when I was drinking most, I'm not sure what medical fact there is behind it but an addiction counselor I saw when building up to quitting the drink told me to switch to sugary drinks. She said that your body misses the sugars from all that booze when you stop, I drank loads of fizzy drinks when I quit and switched to sugar free a few months later.

They may not be the most health things but I'm certain they are better than soaking myself in whiskey on a daily basis :)

remembered I had a pizza in the freezer

LOL! Can I have some? :D

The son of our boss came to our department today and saw the amount of work we are doing and promised that there are going to be changes made. I felt better after he said that and he is much better to deal with than his dad!

Toured Gothenburg city, went to an awesome French coffee shop for lunch :)

My case worker called to tell me that I got approved for food assistance. Still won't give me Medicaid but that's better than nothing.

Yesterday I lost my temper a little on a call at work and tore into someone, I wasnt happy about how vicious I'd been.

Today I took the initiative and rang the guy up and apologised unreservedly, he took it well and we had a good chat.

Next time I hope I can handle it better

Some guy greeted me in the gym with some type of complicated street handshake I didn't know, but I managed to nail it perfectly not having a clue what I was doing. For once, I didn't absolutely fail at this thing.

I am watching American Hustle with family + Aunt <3