Cafe and coffee talk

this is fabulous!
Really put me there.
Even though I have never been in this exact situation, I came very close to actually being there with you while reading this

i'm keeping this one alive. i'm sure there's a lot of people who missed it the first (few times) around.
i take something new from it each and every time.
The pain of seeing life move on is so much stronger
Then the pain of seeing it stop.
this made me stop in my tracks this time around.
God i love this piece.

Since I wrote this I've stopped writing and I've changed my Bluelight nickname...
It's strange, but I kind of feel like this was written about someone else now.
I guess we all move on in the end - however hard it is.

Thanks girlie. You do have great taste in writing, you always seem to bump the right things.
up all night: Fucking amazing dear. I don't have words that are worthy of complementing you, so just a Thank you.
And for the record, knowing how someone takes their coffee? It's the epitome of intimacy in my world. Once I can perfect the amount of sugar and cream he takes, or get it just strong enough for him, I have part of him with me forever. So much more than coffee, so much more than my heart can take sometimes.

Wow, in all honesty it really is slick when people mix the art of enter monologue with cynical dialog. I really did enjoy. In fact it resembles a lot of my writing. I dig the concept of knowing what people are thinking despite their whimsical verbiage ESPECIALLY in this piece. Defense mechanisms were flying around left in right. "don'tsayhernamedon'tsayhernamedon'tsayhername"- this was the icing on the cake, girl! It's just so BLARR that it resembles life with such a harsh truth. If you could, can you write a sequel so to say?

I watch you relax and can't believe its been
Two years and you don't know me at all.
This is the part that breaks my heart. It's a sickening feeling when the person who was supposed to know you best in the world, doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
showing someone what it is like from the other side. I know how she feels now, i know what i have done. But she is gone, right?
What have i done?

Exactly six months on, this is how things stand.
We hardly ever talk these days.
I suppose the cat and mouse games
Get a little too tiring
To perform on a regular basis.
There's so much I want to tell you
About my family and my life
And the new boy who's walking paths
Previously designed for your heavy feet.
But I realise you aren't a part of my life anymore.
You aren't my life anymore.
So when I pick up the phone
I plot the safe conversations in my head
The approaching summer
Your new house
That DJ, this CD and one of those parties.
Topics so shallow they're transparent.
You're nothing but a fading outline
Of a person whose colour was once so vibrant
I didn't need to fill the gaps myself.
The boy who broke my heart
And tried to heal it with promises.
The boy whose bourbon stained breath spat apologies
While lipstick still stained his collar.
The boy who never quite became a man.
These days I rarely drop my head to my chest
Or cry over milk which had to be spilt.
I've fallen for a boy whose games I understand
And I'm building a life beyond restless sleep and late night TV.
And yet...
I'll never forget your laugh.
The way you screw up your nose as if something smells.
Or how beautiful you looked on that February night
When you sang me a song
And I learnt what it means to fall in love...
And I'll always remember
Just how you have your coffee.
One sugar, two sugar, three.

this was PERFECT... and i had no idea you were the genius behind Queen Beat. i was wondering where you've been!
And the new boy who's walking paths
Previously designed for your heavy feet.
But I realise you aren't a part of my life anymore.
You aren't my life anymore.
that hit me... really hard.
The boy who broke my heart
And tried to heal it with promises.
The boy whose bourbon stained breath spat apologies
While lipstick still stained his collar.
The boy who never quite became a man.
justin.... to a T.
And yet...
and yet... there's always "and yet..." because they captured our hearts so deeply once, that there will always be some sort of an impression that we cant shake.
i was curling my hair in the bathroom a few days ago and the tv was on in the kitchen for the cats to watch the soaps, and some guy was saying "maybe the person you are destined to be with, is the person who you always go back to, time and again, over an obstacle."
it made me think.... and send an email to someone, with just that line, wanting to know what they think...
and never got a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
"My mouth so full of silence I do nothing
but curl my lips into a smile
and pretend it's what I want to hear."
boy, that's quite a line there. good job.
seemore

I didn't get a chance to read this until today. You're writing style is really beautiful. Reading this really put me in your place and I FELT your anguish and emotions that you must've been going through back then. Thank you.

this gave me chills....like plaz said, I love how you represent the unspoken, it is louder than the spoken, hardly obscured by the polite veneer....well done.

your poem is a legend sweetie. :)
one of the best in here.
with permission, i would like to include this piece (and its sequel) in my poetry collection on my website. You would be given full recognition for it. And i have a large number of visitors to that site, who i'm sure would love to read it.
Let me know.
[ 04 October 2002: Message edited by: E-girl ]

E-girl: If you want to add it to your site then I'd be honoured to have it on there. :)