-alone-

I am rarely here nowadays, but when i am, i always come back here.

Been awhile. Doesn't hurt any less. Who you could have become, what you could have done. It still hurts.

Been awhile, brother. Came back with some sadness in my heart over one of our friends. I used this moment to go back and re-read this original post, more than just to come here and let you know you are remembered but also to look back at part of why you are remembered so fondly, so loved by those you left behind.

I can relate to the OP, in that I am somehow an 'old person magnet'. Doesn't matter the setting, they always find me, sit next to me and start conversation. It may be about anything, sometimes they just need to talk. Maybe, even when I don't know it, sometimes I just need to listen to someone.

"Son...just because you're lonely....doesn't mean you're alone. Love is the best friend anyone could ever ask for."

This bit has struck a cord within me. I don't know if my belief is rooted in this quote from so long ago, but a similar mantra has become ingrained in my approach to the world. Nobody is ever alone, unless they choose to be. Even if you don't have the strength or courage to ask for help, just letting them in might be enough to make the difference.

I've always kept things within, and dodged confronting such things by offering to be there for others. I know there are people who are there for me, truly 'there' for me. And maybe someday I'll open up more and lean on them. I'm not ready yet. But I'm glad I've let people in before, it can make a lifetime of difference. Like letting this scrawny kid into my heart so long ago, and your impact ripples long after you are gone.

These were the stories that made me fall in love with this site way back when.
Been awhile, brother. Came back with some sadness in my heart over one of our friends. I used this moment to go back and re-read this original post, more than just to come here and let you know you are remembered but also to look back at part of why you are remembered so fondly, so loved by those you left behind.

I can relate to the OP, in that I am somehow an 'old person magnet'. Doesn't matter the setting, they always find me, sit next to me and start conversation. It may be about anything, sometimes they just need to talk. Maybe, even when I don't know it, sometimes I just need to listen to someone.

This bit has struck a cord within me. I don't know if my belief is rooted in this quote from so long ago, but a similar mantra has become ingrained in my approach to the world. Nobody is ever alone, unless they choose to be. Even if you don't have the strength or courage to ask for help, just letting them in might be enough to make the difference.

I've always kept things within, and dodged confronting such things by offering to be there for others. I know there are people who are there for me, truly 'there' for me. And maybe someday I'll open up more and lean on them. I'm not ready yet. But I'm glad I've let people in before, it can make a lifetime of difference. Like letting this scrawny kid into my heart so long ago, and your impact ripples long after you are gone.
Hey, TLB - good to see you poking around - hope all is well. Asking for help has never been easy for me but learning to accept that which is so freely given has done wonders in my life.

lots of love to you, tlb. miss you so much. 💙