European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Prepping Fentanyl Solutions

babylonboy

Bluelighter
Fentanyl is the most dangerous drug you are ever likely to encounter. Do not cut corners; this can cause deaths. The best advice is not to use fentanyl. This thread is, on request, being produced for someone who has already decided that they are going to produce fentanyl solution for injection, so that person can be as responsible as possible. If you do choose to do this, there is no way to overstate how important hygeine and safety are:
You need to be really, really careful when you're working with pure fentanyls. As in, you need to wear a mask and gloves and goggles, and work in an easily cleaned and ventilated area, and wash your entire body and clothes immediately afterwards. It might seem OTT, but we are talking about drugs that are so potent that an invisible speck can kill a person. I'd even suggest prophylactically taking buprenorphine beforehand to prevent ODing, if opioid dependence/withdrawal doesn't preclude doing so, and with the understanding that such a precaution would not lessen the need for any of the other measures mentioned here. Fentanyl and its analogues are about as dangerous as recreational drugs get, as a look at the Shrine will confirm.
This is the request that was made:

Hey matey, making more magic fent potion tomorrow, problem is, was meant to be getting some sterile water for injections but theyv just let me know that i needa liscence to get it or something so the timings shite. I could so it very very slow with the 2ml vials, but i'm just wondering what is the risk of not using 100% sterile water for injetions when making a fent solution for IV / IM. All the other equipment is sterile (mostly)

(IM is the one im particularly worried about. IV is less risky when it comes to bacteria), also, it doesnt matter aboiut long term storange, it will be gone in a few days so no time for it to grow anything real nasty, would i be okay with boiling some water and using that? Or do i 100% NEED bateriostatic or however you spell it water for IM injections to stop infection/abbcess

Or (fingers crossed) am i being over-cautious and its really really unlikely unless im using muddy water to IM myself with?

Sorry for bothering you matey, just reckon you'll know and be right and will save precious forum space.

Sorry if thats a bit long-winded, im slighly intoxicated like, and yeah i will be putting ahs mask on, and being very very very careful with the fent hcl i'm making the solution
OK, well, here's a hierarchy for desirable water sources:

Unopened ampoule
The 'gold standard' for safety, an ampoule of water for injections means that the water used for dissolving the drugs isn't going to be the source of viral or bacterial infection.

Boiled water
Boiling water in a kettle will kill virtually all organisms, and using boiled water from a kettle is the advice to injectors who do not have an ampoule of water for injections.
Although it is true that to guarantee that even the most resistant pathogens are killed the water should be boiled for several minutes, in practice the additional benefits are few and advice to boil water in a pan is problematic because:

• the water takes time to cool, and could become contaminated during cooling;

• the pan or lid used to boil the water could be contaminated; and

• the advice is unlikely to be followed, and there is a risk that injectors will take the view that if they can't follow the advice, then they might as well not bother doing anything because they are taking a risk anyway.

Kitchen tap - cold water
The reason the poster differentiates the kitchen tap from other taps in the house is that the kitchen tap is usually fed from the rising main which, in the UK, is usually virutually or completely free from bacteria.

Water from bathroom taps may have been stored in a cold water tank in the roof where it can become much more contaminated with bacteria: not a problem if you're drinking it, the acid of the stomach is able to kill low levels of bacteria without a problem, but not so good if the water is being injected.

Bottled water
The constant advertising and marketing of bottled water has created a strong perception in the public psyche of it as a pure, safe source of water that is better than tap water.

Certainly in the UK it is open to debate whether this is true in terms of drinking water – the UK has a very good safety record for our drinking water which is pure and free from contamination. But for use as a liquid for dissolving drugs for injection, there is no debate: tap water is almost always better than bottled water because the bacteria count will be lower. The bacteria count in bottled water is much higher than in tap water, and varies according to the temperature at which it is stored, and can be very high if someone has drunk the water from the bottle.

This is not to say that the bacteria in bottled water are harmful if drunk – the acid in your stomach is perfectly well able to kill bacteria at these levels, however when injected intravenously, they can cause infections.

Distilled water
Distilled water is boiled and then condensed to ensure it is free of all minerals, and people could be excused for thinking that it might be sterile. However, the end use of distilled water is in machinary and there is no requirement for the water to be clean in terms of bacteria count. Indeed the condensing plates and bottling plants are often low tech, and dirty.

Hot water from a tap
The water in a domestic hot water tank is not hot enough to kill all bacteria. If the tank has been warmed and cooled, the bacteria count can grow.

OK man, so here we go. Yeah, sorry mate, you are not being over cautious at all, you absolutely must ensure anything going into a muscle is totally sterile and clean. In the thread before, FUBAR said this:
when IVing, a few bacteria can be tolerated because when in the bloodstream they are spread around the body where our immune systems can deal with them. However, IM injections are a totally different kettle of fish, because any bacteria present in the injection are deposited in one spot in the body where, if conditions are conducive, they can thrive and multiply until the colony is large enough to cause a potentially very harmful infection. This is why it is extremely important to have a sterile solution for IM injections
If you inject a contaminated shot into a muscle, you're introducing a culture to a substrate, and the risk for abscesses is huge. For IM, everything needs to be super, super clean. No, you can't use any non-sterile water, for IM injection, sorry. Sterile amps of saline solution (for use as like eyewash) are probably easier to find, and they're probably a pretty good option.

The problem, at any rate, is not just finding sterile water, but keeping it sterile once it's opened. As I said, 1% benzyl alcohol would be best; most disease causing bacteria cannot survive in a solution of about 10% salt in water. I think saline is your best bet, err on the side of caution, use a 2:15 ratio to deter bacterial growth. You say it's not an issue, that you'll be using it so fast nothing will have a chance to grow. Some bacteria can reproduce every 20 minutes. So, in ideal conditions, your solution, if it had one single bacterium present, could potentially have two hundred and sixty-two thousand, one hundred and forty four bacteria in it after 5 hours. Believe me, you can't use it fast enough to beat them. It needs to be bacteriostatic.

As has been established, IV is more forgiving, but still, please, be cautious. I am not an expert, I am just trying to offer my knowledge to help you stay safe, I'm going to PM other people who will know more to ask them to comment and critique, please don't assume that anything I said in this thread is gospel. I hope it's a help.

Last edited:
Nice post, Babylon :)

Fentanyl (and/or near relatives) are really not my thing, but I'm thinking that all of this would apply equally as well to preparing solutions in general. The information regarding preparation of IM solutions is of particular interest to me as it is something I have done from time to time when letting that ol' needle fetish of mine come out to play. It's not something I do often but it is something I know needs to be done right if done at all. I must admit I have not done it correctly in the past and that's something I want to address for any future forays. I do still have all four limbs but I suspect I picked up a (thankfully very minor) infection in my upper thigh the last time I had a lil IM session. I developed small, hard lumps at the injection site which lingered for weeks and occasionally wept clear fluid. I really should have gone to get them checked out and I really don't know why I didn't other than complacency... which is a very bad attitude indeed when it comes to something as risky as a possible infection resulting from an IM injection. But what's done is done and I know I got lucky that time. It certainly could have been a whole helluva lot worse :|

I think we probably all have a pretty good idea of what the potential risks are (our very own dearly departed Pontifex damn near lost a leg - or indeed his life - to an infection caused by less than ideal IM technique) but we probably also all have a pretty good idea that it can be far too easy to put those risks to the back our minds... or conveniently forget the risks entirely when following proper, safe technique is itself not so convenient :\

As has been established, IV is more forgiving, but still, please, be cautious. I am not an expert, I am just trying to offer my knowledge to help you stay safe, I'm going to PM other people who will know more to ask them to comment and critique, please don't assume that anything I said in this thread is gospel. I hope it's a help.

Quite. It looks to me that it will be helpful but I agree it would be good to have others who know of which they speak contributing information. Intramuscular injection of anything other than unopened, sterile ampoules is inherently very risky - probably one of the riskiest of all recreational drug activities - so is something where the very best and most accurate information really is the difference between life and death.

Thanks alot again for all the info mate, i got some bacteriostatic water this morning which helps quite a lot, does bacteriostatic water actually help keep the solution clean, as opposed to sterile water which is just clean to begin with?

Exactly right mate, it's got the benzyl alcohol I mentioned, that's perfect. Yeah, you got it, not only is it free of bacteria, it will stay free of bacteria. I'm glad you've got that, definitely, definitely better than trying to produce cowboy bacteriostatic saline. Good job. Still, you should micron filter any shots (that's just general good HR), but especially for IM. Sounds like you've got it sorted, though.

Just want to add that the above advice also applies to 'skin-popping', which is basically just a very shallow IM injection. Thankfully, I don't think the practise of skin-popping is followed much in the UK/Europe, probably because of the citric which makes it sting like fuck. However, I believe it's more common in the US where water soluble No.4 heroin is more available and is (wrongly) considered to be safer and less 'junky like' than IV - especially amongst 'chippers'. I've read many books about heroin written by so called 'experts' stating that the standard progression of needle use is 'skin-popping', IM, then IV, which I personally now think is a load of bullshit. But anyone looking for advice from books like these would assume that skin-popping and IM are safer alternatives 8o

Unfortunately, just about every habitual IV heroin user will have inadvertently 'skin-popped' numerous times through missed shots - which become more frequent as main veins become blocked or collapse and the user is forced to 'dig' around for smaller veins. An acidic solution of street gear has got to be one of the most nasty substances that you can miss a vein with, this is why abscesses are almost ubiquitous among junkies and become more common the longer they keep at it. Thankfully, I've managed to avoid any bad abscesses, though I do have numerous small scars, some of which look like cigarette burns, caused by minor infections from missed shots.

Therefore, the best HR advice for anyone considering resorting to the needle (apart from DON'T DO IT), is to go for the mainline.....

Therefore, the best HR advice for anyone considering resorting to the needle (apart from DON'T DO IT), is to go for the mainline.....

Truthquoted as FACT! Far least risky method of using needles if y'all must use needles. Skin Popping (subcutaneous injection, SubQ injection) and IM injection may be temptingly simple for folk unfamilar and/or uncomfortable with using needles in general who don't fancy/haven't learnt/nervous of trying intravenous but like the idea of an injected dose of whatever one's DoC happens to be, temptingly simple cos it is simple, but it's very far from safe unless you are scrupulous about sterility and don't just go whakking syringes into muscles willy-nilly without thought nor care for what structures you may be fukkin with. More likely to die from a minor mistake (perhaps licking the tip of the needle as so many of us habitually do, or any of a million other wats to dirty up yer needle without you barely even noticing) from going the IM and/or SubQ route than IV by a looooooooooooooooooong way.

Not that that makes IV use safe or owt, but all things are relative.

I've had a handful of nasty abcesses which required treatment over the years - all through missed shots going astray either subcutaneous or intramuscular. Thankfully they've only ever been stinky pustules that leave nowt but a small scar when the nice lady (for it always is a nice lady in my experience - usually several actually) has done lancing and swabbing and stuff. If such a thing happens deeper in a muscle where it can lay unnoticed until it gets really bad it's potentially life-threatening, certainly limb-threatening. Pain, swelling, itching, redness, soreness around injection site = get it checked out by a doctor cos it ain't worth the risk even if your parents are gonna kill ya or whatever.

I have come to <3 IM injection but absolutely need to take a long, hard look at the way I prep stuff cos it's too damn slapdash and hoping nobody will notice (this means you Mr Assorted common or garden infections). Gives me the willies even though I enjoy it. Far more so than IV ever did. The potential to fuck up really badly with IM is just so much more real.

Hence being very grateful and glad to see this information being posted cos I need to be learning to make such things a given rather than a general intent without ever getting down to actually doing it.

Aye, havnt bothered IMing yet, not sure if i even will., but keeping it sterile just in case. Any other bits i have been using, i've been moving a part of the solution so i different container and using from that.

On another HR note, with this fent solution, i twould imagine the BA for subligual is not bad? So i could just drop a few CCs under the tongue?

And what about oral actually? Though u think i remember reading about it being one of those drugs that gets mostly destroyed by stomach acid

On another HR note, with this fent solution, i twould imagine the BA for subligual is not bad? So i could just drop a few CCs under the tongue?

As Fentanyl has been produced in the USA as a lozenge I'd assume it's highly effective bucally, & probably orally too.

Oral transmucosal fentanyl citrate (OTFC) is a novel opioid formulation in which the potent synthetic mu-agonist fentanyl is embedded in a sweetened matrix that is dissolved in the mouth

While pasting that in I came across something about 400mcg dosing. Do be very careful out there, folks! <3

I'm not pharmacologist, but that amine group will probably cleave in an acidic environment like the stomach. Buccal/sublingual works, but has no rush, which is the best thing about fent. I'd rather chase it off foil.

Right well that was a plesent few days, but jesus christ does your tolerance rocket up on fentanyl! 2-3mg for a real nice rush (and 3.5+ for a nod), madness! Tolerance has increased 4 fold over the last few days..

Just finished it off with a nice one, and going bac kto my scriipt tomorrow. I've had my bit of fun, come out the other side alive and well, but need to get fucking back on track. I'd be more worried about my script not holding me if i was on meth,but since i'm on subs I have less concern about that, ion the morning when i wake up i'm gonna take half my normal dose and see how it goies. Will probably put me into mild precip WDs (or maybe not cause fent half life is so small)but they only last an hour or 2 and when youv left enoug hthime ther more than managable (i nmy limtied experience), and the only thing i have to compare it to is a full blown naltrexone precipitated withdrawal whichsets the bar pretty fucking high for horror!

Ty for all the help, esp you Mr Babylon :)

Yeah, ultra-potent opioids build incredible tolerance, sometimes total immunity, effectively, after a singe dose. Glad I was a help. after all , that'sa what BL is all about. You're welcome, FWIW, but I didn't really do anything other than collate information that was already out there, most of it on BL, in one place, and explain it in terms that could easily be understood.

PS. Fent's pretty great, no?
It's dangerous, if you aren't already a fuck-up, steer clear.
For us no-hope wrong-uns, though, it really is the stone cold shiznit.

it is indeed great, got no fucking legs though, been dosing at very least least 10 times a day, probably double that

did someone say? alpha-methyl-4-fluoro-butyr-fentanyl? Yes please i'll take a kilo

^Everyon fentanyl chemist who isn't like a shaolin monk lacks the discipline not to get horrendously hooked to their own supply. Fent cham isn't even that difficult, but it's risky, to say the least.

Yeah, a dust mask to cover youir mouth and nose, and goggles to cover your eyes. You really struggle, don't you?

Just to double check, what is fents solubility in water? I always thought it was completely easily water soluable, and have never had any problems witha a small amoutn of heat & shaking, but googling now i seem to get getting back that its more lipid-soluable, if thats the case, without investing in propylene glycol or anything is there a really common commonoly used lipid/solvent i can add to my solution which is safe and would add increased solubility with a fent solution?

Hope i used them big words in the right order :)

Right so u get the fent n sell it on n buy some proper kit .

Shit drug wank as fuk oh yeah 20 + years of connects helps cos well u know like me wiv the gear that i am disapointed to say the ds took one lad out it n came back @ 48%

8)

Question still stands about difference about sulubility in lipid/water, an if theres an easy commonly used thing to make a sulition lipid-soluable, only thing i can think of off the top of my head is propylene glycol

Alcohol (usually vodka but the higher ther ABV and the less "other stuff" the better really) is fairly common for putting certain chems in solution. Doesn't work with everything but will work better than water in many cases. It also helps to prevent bacterial growth (although isn't actually sterile, I don't think). Propylene glycol is most commonly used for putting benzos into solution and may well be a good bet. Cheap and widely available online. Think you have to get the right grade though and am not positive what that is. Somebody who uses it should know - I'm quite interested to double-check myself as I've been thinking about making solutions of some stuff for ease of dosing (and/or injection in some cases).