• ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters
I got the impression she is older than the other clones

Even so, katya was older than cosima, who is older than sarah/alison/helena judging by the progression of her illness

Of course there's still a lot to be revealed, but right now it seems like Sarah and Helena are the oldest to me. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Sarah's the only one who's not infertile (though probably not Helena, who I presume is not a clone). Helena is Sarah's mirror twin, meaning their organs, handedness, hemispheric dominance, etc., are reversed. The difference between Helena and all the others is presumably why they think she's the original and the others are "evil," or the dark to her light, or whatever. If that's true then it makes sense that all the other "abominations" are cloned from Sarah, leaving Helena "uncorrupted." Like the incidence of infertility in the clones, I think the lung disease may also be an error in the cloning process (chronic health problems are common in cloned animals). If so, the progression of the illness is a good metric for judging the age of the clones relative to each other, but the "original" (Sarah) and her natural mirror twin wouldn't be expected to suffer from it.

Granted, I've watched a lot of these episodes inebriated.

EDIT: Well, I just watched the latest episode and Helena was described as a "creation of man." This implies they only told her she was the "original." Maybe she was artificially induced to split from Sarah in utero to become her mirror image twin or something -- just trying to hold the above theory together, really.

Last edited:
it was explained that they are natural twins - nothing weird going about there. another thing that i feel makes them the "original" - as you make more and more copies, you get replication disintegration. i feel like everything is from them, and they might be the last two clones standing. although i feel like helena has been killed off multiple times and comes back (look at Kira's abilities) and Sarah is the only one to not have anything terrible happen to her. although i guess she does a lot of blow.

i know all of their birthdays are the first week of april. Katja died quickly, doesn't seem like Cosima is dying that quickly. wait - someone shot Katja. Helena shot Katja. yeah died quickly is an understatement. but she still seemed way sicker than Cosima does now.

I went and looked up the "birthdays" of the clones just now and it showed that for some characters there's a discrepancy between what's listed on their birth certificates and what Cosmia's records show. It doesn't list Sarah and Helena's birthdays as being based on either birth certificates or Cosmia's records, and indicates Cosmia is "officially" the oldest (like Abject thought). To me, these ambiguities and deceptions imply the listed dates probably can't be trusted for everybody, particularly for Cosmia, Sarah, and Helena.

Yeah, Helena and Kira both seem to have some sort of (presumably genetically engineered [Prometheans?]) "neo-human" abilities.

We still don't know what the doctor saw when kira was injured

Helena just seems to have unlimited blood supply

see listen to me more often ken ;)

the ending reeled me in again.. they always leave us hanging

^ yea, helena going ham this season.

last episode was damn good, the one previous with tony i was like "uh-oh" is this when orphan black jumps the shark ? well, i think not after last episode. fuck, whenever i see surgery on tv/film i always cringe. kira = tough as fuck

tumblr_n7g10fzabi1sq5msto1_r2_250.gif
tumblr_n7g10fzabi1sq5msto2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n7g10fzabi1sq5msto3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n7g10fzabi1sq5msto4_r1_250.gif

get your shine on <3

^ yea, helena going ham this season.

last episode was damn good, the one previous with tony i was like "uh-oh" is this when orphan black jumps the shark ?
Heh, oh good. It wasn't just MXE making me think "Sarah's beard is really unconvincing... what's this show about again?"

^ lol ;) i think i haven't watched a single episode sober myself. i look forward to the weekend downing some opiates then watchin orphan black and browse the discussion on the subreddit. i wonder if its cause im faded most of the time, but i was never "good" at retaining info from tv/movies, im the type that will have to re-watch, read, ask etc to fully grasp what is happening... like "who is this dude? what side is he really on?" etc... that really goes for orphan black.

overall it was a satisfying season, entertaining tv. happy with where it is going with the reveal at the end of last episode.

^Yeah, we got the "season pass" online, and so always end up watching it Sunday night (which is a time that just begs to be occupied with light inebriation). Watching on a somewhat trippy substance like MXE does make me second guess things like names, but it also tends to make me groove on good show's "core frameworks." I've been expecting "non-Sarah-related" clones to show up since about halfway through season one, but admittedly didn't expect the freaky scar-faced guy pressing his nose against the safety glass that capped off two. Lately I've been leaning on the Leda, Castor and Pollux mythology and the Island of Dr. Moreau as the thematic backbones I suspect the writers are branching off of lately (as intimated during the finale).

EDIT: I've got to say I loved the clone dance party in the last episode. It was a beautiful mash-up of so many themes: the self-reflexivity of clone cooperation, the endurance of life in the face of adversity, the editing of one actress into all those roles as dance partner, and on and on -- like Douglas Hofstadter was guest director.

Last edited:
i?m depressed rewatching season one at 219am. helena was always best clone. i don?t remember watching any past this season. did i?