Meth?

jamezexe43

Bluelighter
I'm from mtl, and there is like ZERO meth here. I was just curious, because people seem to be under the impression that its a big problem in north america. Where is it popular in canada? Or even america?

Idk anything about meth in Canada but from my understanding it's all over the south and the west in America. Rural areas and cities from what I hear. Here in the northeast (New England specifically) It's pretty much non existent. Sure, you could probably find it if you look hard enough, but the epidemic has definitely not spread up here. No worries about meth heads running around, the thought never even crosses my mind. We still have good old fashioned crackheads in these parts. And a whole shitload of junkies. But I'll take junkies any ole day of the week over meth heads... Maybe being from right above us there isn't any up there either? I'm honestly not too sure. Either way, good for you- I know I personally am pretty glad there's no meth problem in these parts

In mtl, opiates are becoming a big problem, young people thinking they are impervious to the highs.
And yes, I too suspect that the power at be are keeping out the meth

It's interesting to me that meth is almost unheard of in the NE. It does make sense that there may be concern about it cutting into cocaine profits. Just about every crackhead I saw that got turned on to smoking meth stuck with smoking meth. Not all but many. When you weigh the legs of a meth high against the almost immediate need to run out and get more crack it makes a lot of sense that profits would be cut into/lost.
There's gotta be a actual explanation cause it is every where in the west, southwest, and south. Huge in the hub city of Atlanta. Every reason to believe that if people wanted to have the northeast swimming in shards it would be.

^
Yeah, man.. I don't understand that either. Meth is pretty much nowheres to be found in the NE.
The only logical explanation I can think of is... somebody real big must be moving the drugs in the NE, and if anyone were to cut into 'their' profits, they'd be a deadma(e)n.

^In certain ways that makes sense but going back to when I lived in Denver there had already been a huge shift from a lot of the meth coming from clandestine labs to it coming from super labs in Mexico and California.
From what people tell me and from what I read, it's pretty much all coming from super labs now.
My point is, if these labs are run by Los Zetas or Sinaloa or the like, and they want to ship that shit up here, who could possibly tell them "no?"
I don't know. It's odd and it pains me slightly because I miss shooting that garbage and I'd like some more. Sigh.

Well one factor might be that the areas that get tar heroin pushed by Mexicans will also get the meth by them, so the areas getting South American heroin trafficked here from Colombia are also getting cocaine from there, so those cartels are keeping the meth out. Atlanta seems to be one of the exceptions probably since it's a big hub, but even Chicago which has powder heroin doesn't have meth. You can still find meth anywhere, but in NYC it's strictly in the 'gay scene' with the exception of some of the rural upstate areas that have some meth labs.

If you look at the DEA webpage for meth lab busts you will see that the number of labs being busted in the south, particularly the border states, has significantly decreased in recent years which supports the notion that there has been a big shift in the meth production from household labs to super labs in Mexico.i

Interestingly enough the number of busts in NY increased 3-fold in the most recent figures, which might be a result of the increase in demand for 'Molly' which may be anything really, and I wouldn't be surprised if meth made up a decent amount of it.

Last edited:
^Colorado from 411 in 2004 to 14 in 2012. California from 778 to 79. Texas 733 to 32!
I didn't realize it was that extreme. Interesting stats. Thanks fer link.

Last edited:
^^

Wow. Yeah those are some serious jumps. Crazy.

I'm very glad meth hasn't ravaged the Northeast like other parts of the country. With the heroin epidemic right now, we do not need an influx of meth to make things even worse.

let me tell you a little something about meth:

1. It's in NYC and it's all throughout the dance/club/music scene. you have the snorters, shooters and smokers. it's also BIG in the GAY community throughout NYC and in Boston; I was in a month long program going back 6 months ago and there were 2 meth heads (both gay dudes) who were both related to the Dance/Music scene out of NY.

2. Montreal def. has meth. my companies PARENT company is located out of Montreal, so I talk to/know the scene well. also, the drug/party scene on St. Catherine's is good anyway, so I bet finding a party drug cannot be that hard. just ask a cab driver or a stripper while there.

you people who are saying it's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND are not dealing w/ many meth peeps I take it. there are meth houses being shut down throughout East Boston and in Manhattan; so trust me when I saw it's big. also, being from Boston, the biker gangs in/around the area are all moving meth; my EX GF's mother used to chill w/ Hells Angels and she would make METH runs and go pick-up at regular meth houses or locations throughout NE and also in central US (mid-west).

if youre in Montreal find ANYBODY who is in the party scene there; any body who is out 3 nights straight and doing afterhours at those nightclubs in the area; meth is moving there, trust me.

same goes for NYC; meth is moving throughout the dance/club scene and are at EVERY afterhours joint in/around the area. I've been in the party scene for a long time and have seen meth move all throughout.

let me tell you a little something about meth:

It may be around in cultural subsets. Gay community, ravers, bikers, Upstate NY hillbillies.
Does your average drug user deal with those subsets? No. A few may. Most don't.
The guy that can get you coke, dope, molly, and PCP probably doesn't know where to get meth. Not around this region.
I've lived in a bunch of different spots in the Northeast. I've heard plenty of people, like you, say it's all about where you look.
Of course it is. If I or anyone lost themselves in a search for meth, I bet they could find it. Who the fuck wants to do that?
Heard lots and lots of people say it's here, it's who you know. Know how many of those "peeps" were holding? Zero. It's not READILY available like every other hard drug around here. It's not.

Last edited:
Nobody said meth wasn't around but it is nowhere as popular and widespread as heroin in the northeast. Having it in the dance/clubs/gay scene does not make it wide spread.. that's a specific market.

It may be around in cultural subsets. Gay community, ravers, bikers, Upstate NY hillbillies.
Does your average drug user deal with those subsets? No. A few may. Most don't.
The guy that can get you coke, dope, molly, and PCP probably doesn't know where to get meth. Not around this region.
I've lived in a bunch of different spots in the Northeast. I've heard plenty of people, like you, say it's all about where you look.
Of course it is. If I or anyone lost themselves in a search for meth, I bet they could find it. Who the fuck wants to do that?
Heard lots and lots of people say it's here, it's who you know. Know how many of those "peeps" were holding? Zero. It's not READILY available like every other hard drug around here. It's not.

its always based on "who you know". who's holding? well, that all depends. I could always bad bags of meth w/o a problem; this was coming from a dude who owned a club here in Boston. same goes for the NYC scene; I'd buy from dudes who ran/was at clubs. they'd sell them openly on the floor or in certain clubs.

if youre buying G, K and Molly from the same dude, then most likely that dude can get you meth. the PARTY scene people. then, of course, there are the peeps who just run w/ dope, benzos and opiates; completely dff. side than what we just mentioned.

I dont know.. people will always say diff. shit but I do think meth runs pretty good around the Northeast in the PARTY scene! I havent touched it in years but have scene it come about over the last few years in the gay community (based on people I met in rehabs, meetings and groups I was in). who knows!

^I hear ya. That's kinda what me and Scag were saying. It may be around but it's far from mainstream. So, yessir.

^^

Right. To make a drug "mainstream", that means you shouldn't have to know somebody from a specific niche community of people to find it... It means you should be able to throw a rock and hit 5 people holding.. as is the case with heroin up here.

What I want to know more than anything is why BBT types party as PARTY.
So, how bout it, BBT. Why all caps? Is it one of those things like, the parties are so rockin, it's gotta be all caps? These are the things that keep me awake at night.