• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

I dosed about 6 hours ago, so I'm still going pretty hard. Maybe I'll write something more detailed/meaningful tomorrow..

But let me just say, WOW, this beats any other drug experience I have ever had completely out of the window, no chance.
The come up was incredibly smooth, I almost didn't notice. And for the hours that followed I felt intensely happy, I was walking around with gigantic pupils, and an incredibly idiotic smile :D.

My happiness knew no bounds, it has never felt so real, I was brought to tears, I was literally dancing and singing in the beatifully green bushes. So, I just kept walking, exploring some stuff, sometimes just laying on my back for 20 minutes..

I have to say, I have walked like almost 10 kilometers, and rode double that amount with my bike, and I'm still very energetic, little jittery as I'm writing this. I'm hoping to relax right now, slow down.. listen to some music, if I want to sleep I should have some Etiz lying around.

I can't believe this was my experience (and still is! It can only get better from here) after I had read completely through all of the bluelight DOC threads, extraordinary trip reports (your's are a personal favorite Shadowmeister...), it's what I expected but times soo much more, maybe I'll write a trip report tomorrow.. but I don't know if I'll be any good at it, I'm not very well versed in putting my experiences into words, at least not in English..

I'm excited to see what this incredible day has got to offer me more.. I'm pretty annoyed right now though by my lesbian neighbours who I'm not sure are fighting, or partying, but let's see anyway :)

Edit: Have to say the weather was absolutely dogshit hahaha, like almost couldn't be any worse. Almost freezing, windy and raining, but I loved it anyway

Last edited:
It's pretty difficult to sleep, even with heavy amounts of etiz, before 15-18 hours.

I'm glad to hear it's been so amazing, though :)

Yeah 6 hours in and you've got a long way to go. Around hour 8 to 10 I usually start feeling absolutely perfect. Although it sounds like you've been feeling that way the whole time. :) Etizolam will be your friend for sleeping later. Though I usually don't want to sleep because I'm having such a nice time.

Physical discomfort was high at some point though, I got home and felt really tired, but laying in my bed was near impossible, so I got up and roamed the city with my headphones on for a couple hours, and visited a good friend in the meanwhile.

Although I'm still very tired, I don't feel as speedy as earlier. I'm still completely baffled about my experience earlier today, would've never expected it beforehand, never even thought hours and hours of REAL happiness and pure bliss were possible on psychedelics

Despite my inability to tolerate most "speedy" substances I do look forward to eventually trying this one. I see hiking suggested by many people my question to them is: On the trail do you find yourself still able to take care of your needs? By that I mean taking in enough water/salt/food or is it like MDMA where you constantly have to remind yourself to drink water? I'm sure after 12-18 hours you feel wrecked the next day but would you guys with experience be willing to use DOC during an extended stay in the woods?

I want to take various substances with me for my AT thru-hike and I'm thinking DOC will make that list. I don't plan on using everyday or even every week but I do want to partake of things like LSD during special days. I just don't want to be totally wrecked in a tent/hotel for longer than say 2-3 days after using something. I know most substances I plan on taking well enough to know what to expect but given I have no experience with DOC I'm not sure how it'll work out being so far away from civilization. If the chance comes up soon I plan on taking it for the first time before attempting it on the AT so hopefully I'll have a better grasp of it before next year. I really should have bought some the last time I saw a vendor offering some. I had a good stock of stuff at the time so opted out of buying anything else but now it's many years later, I've given away most of my stock, and I've found that most of the vendors I used are no longer around or operating under new names. Things change a lot in just a few short years.

DOC is very clear-headed, I have never had issues taking care of myself or navigating unexpected difficult situations. I use it when river hiking which is an activity consisting of climbing/jumping across boulders uphill in a mountain river. Very dangerous activity, but I always feel that DOC actually aids in my ability to do it successfully.

DOC produces a lot of energy, but it's not speedy in the way that actual stimulants are. It's more like the energy of LSD turned up.

I think DOC would be perfect for backpacking. However you should definitely try it and get familiar with it first before taking it in such a situation.

Im excited because I finally got some of this. Its been on my list for a looong time. I wont be taking it anytime soon, me thinks, but Im glad I have it for when the time comes, anyway.

Nice, hope you enjoy... I'm sure you will. :) Shulgin calls it a "dyed in the wool" psychedelic and he's right. It pretty much covers all the bases. Top notch material.

Its a gem for sure! Save it for when you have the time to give it. Im glad I was able to get a few chances to do it last year.

I'm going on a three week vacation this march, with my girl. Maybe I can fit it this one in my schedule. During the trip (not the psychedelic kind lol) we plan on staying for 3/4 days at a beautiful beach. Do you think it is a good setting, or is this one better suited for festivals and hiking and more "active" situations? Is it too stimulating for chilling by the seashore ? I mean, we can always go for long walks I guess, but maybe the sun well get annoying at some point?

Maybe what I'm wondering is more specifically how forced is the stimulation? From reading around I've gathered specially during the come-up we'll want to be moving around, but does it settle later on?

Last edited:
Beach is fine, you can be as active as you want. I took DOC on a beach camping trip once and it was one of my nicest DOC trips. Just make sure you can get some cover from the sun once in a while.

Yes it does settle later on. It's not stimulating like a stimulant is, it's more like a limb energy and utter lack of fatigue. After the come-up (the first few hours) it settles a bit.

For me the physical discomfort (bruxism, not being able to sit still, moving my foot etc..) almost disappears completely at around +10 to 12 hours, but before that sitting inside and trying to chill is almost impossible. Then I'm left with a subtle but very nice and almost orgasmic body feeling, and a clear and calm headspace, unlike LSD for example which to me feels more like a 'heavy head' at the tail end of a trip.

I do get really really tired around the same time as well. I've been able to sleep easily twice now at +14.

Results of my two trials with this one :), looking particularly forward to spring & summer.

Hah, I wish I could sleep at T+14. I could when I was younger (maybe not that early, but still), but once I got into my thirties, it messes with my sleep bad. I can't sleep for at least 24h after. I took it in the early afternoon once and didn't even sleep much the NEXT night. Can't do it as often because of that, unless I have etizolam or another sedating benzo on hand, then I can force sleep when I need it.

This is perhaps the only psychadelic where i can actually fall asleep whilst fully immersed in the experience, at say 10 hours in, and then wake up 5-6 hours later completely bright eyed and still tripping. Love DOC. Can eat on it too. Extremely se3xual for me as well. top 3 fav psych's of all time right here boys n gals

This is perhaps the only psychadelic where i can actually fall asleep whilst fully immersed in the experience, at say 10 hours in, and then wake up 5-6 hours later completely bright eyed and still tripping. Love DOC. Can eat on it too. Extremely se3xual for me as well. top 3 fav psych's of all time right here boys n gals

that's weird, I can't sleep for ~16 hours at least, probably closer to 24-30 hours.

I find if I take it at 5-6 am I can sleep at 10 or 11 pm with some cannabis.

Thats pretty much my normal waking hours so it works well with me

It's just that when the plateau sets in, the headspace is so calm and zen, so imo it's very easy to dose off, much unlike something like LSD or even tryptamines where my mind is still very active at the very end of the trip.

Only tried it twice though, when spring comes around I'll be sure to make time for this excellent compound ;)

Always took me 18-24 hours to come down and fall asleep. But I also would take between 7-10mgs most of the time. Some times in combos with other psychedelics or empathogens. I use to take this one alot years ago when I bought that gram. I had one trip when I took it with 100mgs of 6-APB and I don't even remember the peak because I "whited out"?? And I couldn't even walk or see straight for most of the experience the visuals we're so powerful.

All I could do was roll around my bed in orgasmic pleasure watching the colorful soup which became my visual field. My mind was most likely out there in the Cosmos. Think that was the last time i tripped on it actually, it was bonkers heart rate probably went up quite a bit. Definitely is a wonderful psychedelic, all of you guys be grateful you can experience it's Majesty.

Looks like DOC is the substance that brings me back to BL :p I have some questions I know I've asked before, but with it being a few years since posting here I've forgotten :(

I have 20mg of DOC in powder form. I figure the easiest way to accurately dose would be in liquid suspension - my first question is what concentration would be best?

My second question is whether it's a bad idea to use isopropyl alcohol to keep the suspension sterile? I'd think something like 9:1 sterile water to isopropyl ratio, inside a 20ml multi-use vial (used, but will obviously sterilise).

Third question is dose - this will be my first time with DOC specifically, but I'm seeking a more intense trip. I know I'm not supposed to ask how much to take, but I'm thinking 2.5 or 3mg. Too much?

Thanks PD!