• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Good starting dose for someone that enjoyed 6mg DOB with no problem?

See I dont find the DOC to be at all stimulating until bright lights enter my eye's then it was sensory overload and felt really good. Sitting back watching Tv It didnt make me want to get up and do anything, unlike how LSD gives me all the energy in the universe with the most euphoric body sensations of any drug including MDMA.

The whole time I was tripping in the house late at night, dosed at 1 am, and when the sun came up it really through me for a loop. I think though that if it weren't so cold and I would have wanted to go outside the feel good aspect could have been awsome.

I have developed a cold intolerance from using opioids, that if I am not on them I absolutly can not stand the cold weather.

Dude, our experiences are rediculously similar. I actually found DOC mellow and at times sedating, I had plans to go to a party but after everything kicked in I decided to stay home and watch TV as I had no real "push" to party whatsoever. Were also both dependant on opioids, well mu agonists as I'm primarilynaddicted to kratom with only one day a week where Iuse H or prescription opioids, I wonder if this has anything to do with our shockingly similar experiences? I doubt it though as I was only taking maintenance doses for the first 5-6 hours and my maintenance doses have never affected any of my other trips, in fact kratom kinda synergized with the DOC when I gave up on it and took a full dose. I didn't have any "cold" feelings or temperature fluctuations at all for that matter, sounds like vasoconstriction. Were your fingertips blue or purple-ish at all?

Good starting dose for someone that enjoyed 6mg DOB with no problem?

~3mg is a moderately intense trip, maybe start a bit lower if you're sensitive but I don't think that dose would be too much for the majority of experienced trippers

Are you sure 3mg would be a sufficient after an allergy test and titrated up to 1mg? A lot of people report dosing up 7mg without any negative effects.
I'd rather not have a 'moderate' trip. It's all or nothing with me.

MGS-What do you think a hit of MET on top of DOC would be like? You have more experience with both compounds- if you think it would be a nice topper I'll gladly be the first to try that combo.

I think I might end up insufflating a bit of HOT-7 if I get bored. I like the visuals from HOT-7 a lot.

Last edited:
^ thanatos you seem to have a rediculously high natural tolerance after reading some of your posts, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to handle a 5mg starting dose after allergy test. Before anyone jumps on me for what sounds like reckless advice read some of thanatos' posts, he may very well find even 5mgs a bit too light, I wouldn't push the dose any higher than that first go though.

^ thanks Captain! Im glad you remember my posts :) My tolerance is crazy high naturally, you're right. I might like to go crazy just a little too much as well :p
I really don't want to be underwhelmed for 12-16 hours, I guess I'll shoot for 5 or 6mg and have other tested compounds on hands just in case. Maybe some kava or synth cannabinoids?

Never mixed kava with any psychedelics, in fact that's never even crossed my mind but being that kava is a mild MAO inhibitor I'm assuming there's some sort of synergy or potentiation I'm unaware of? Can't speak for all cannabinoids but weed went nicely with DOC as did a medium dose of 2c-c but tbh I found DOC so similar to 2c-c that the 2c-c seemed to act as a mere potentiator, I would imagine a 4-sub trypt would also make things VERY interesting around the peak but I had just run out of 4-aco-dmt when I took the DOC. I'd definately keep some sort of psychedelic around in case your underwhelmed, I almost always do the same... I also dont like 15 hour teases. I found 3mgs to be a ++ at best and although I consider myself a phen hardhead I'm in now way as hardheaded as you seem to be.

Thank you my friend, that helps out a lot. I'll definitely have both psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds at hand to boost, tone down, or abort in case. Lol who am I kidding? Im always stocked with psychoactives :p

MGS-What do you think a hit of MET on top of DOC would be like?

I have only had one go with DOC so I can't claim to know it. I suspect some MET on top of a full dose would be intense and challenging. I know in the morning of DOC. myself and Lococo were wishin we had a hit of 5-MeO-DMT, so at the time I suspect we would have taken MET were it available but we both then to be hedonists. All I can say is it would be challenging. We need to get a group buy going on some MET and 5-MeO-MET.

Edit: I love to trip balls and don't seem to get scared from psychedelics, hell I freaked out last night on a cannabinoid harder than I have tripping but I'lll say this....4mg was PLENTY for me. We were both very happy we did not dose a milligram more.

Never mixed kava with any psychedelics, in fact that's never even crossed my mind but being that kava is a mild MAO inhibitor I'm assuming there's some sort of synergy or potentiation I'm unaware of? .

Kava kava also seems to affect a number of CYP450 enzymes responsible for drug metabolization, which might turn out to be even more important than it's (weak) MAO inhibition.

Some changa on top of DOC with a can of nitrous gave me very a sneaky but funny experience.

It was like the n20 hide the dmt effects so i smoked alot before feeling it.

Then when it came it was alot more drawn out and less pushy than usual.
Still quite intense but alot easier to manage than it should be.

I should probably get some of that MET aswell to sample.

Dude, our experiences are rediculously similar. I actually found DOC mellow and at times sedating, I had plans to go to a party but after everything kicked in I decided to stay home and watch TV as I had no real "push" to party whatsoever. Were also both dependant on opioids, well mu agonists as I'm primarilynaddicted to kratom with only one day a week where Iuse H or prescription opioids, I wonder if this has anything to do with our shockingly similar experiences? I doubt it though as I was only taking maintenance doses for the first 5-6 hours and my maintenance doses have never affected any of my other trips, in fact kratom kinda synergized with the DOC when I gave up on it and took a full dose. I didn't have any "cold" feelings or temperature fluctuations at all for that matter, sounds like vasoconstriction. Were your fingertips blue or purple-ish at all?

No, I did not have anything like that. Atleast i dont think so because i am intolerant to coldness on my body like that through being use to the warmness that opioids bring to me so i would have noticed. I did however notice a small amount of vasoconstriction.

Yes, thats how i felt too, no real motivation like i would achieve on LSD. Quite strange that our experience is somewhat different than most trip reports examination of the chemical.

Also I would like to add that after my excursion with DOC last Saturday that I have been dreaming every single night and can recall in detail the events. That is unusual for me to remember them to that quality and of that frequency. They have been very strange in substance so to speak. They are not any type of nightmare-ish dreams just rather weird and odd. The total subjective feel of my sleep quality has been through the roof aswell. I haven't had that total gross amount of recall in a very long time, and they are a welcome treat. The realness of the dreams is also quite amazing and very vivid. I hope the trend continues well beyond what has already occurred.

^ thanks Captain! Im glad you remember my posts :) My tolerance is crazy high naturally, you're right. I might like to go crazy just a little too much as well :p
I really don't want to be underwhelmed for 12-16 hours, I guess I'll shoot for 5 or 6mg and have other tested compounds on hands just in case. Maybe some kava or synth cannabinoids?

That's ridiculously foolish. Really, it is. 5mg plugged was nearly an overdose for myself, extremely uncomfortable stimulation that I was at least able to somewhat overcome but that messed with the experience te entire time. This compound gets MUCH harsher as the dose increases, I would NOT dose above 4mg until you actually know how this drug effects you.

You may not want to be "underwhelmed for 12 hours", but you REALLY don't want to be overwhelmed for 14.

When I weighed my doses, I made them all around 3.5mg although that would drift from ~3-4mg. It seemed to be plenty for all of my friends, most even said it was a bit challenging but they dosed it at night for some retarded reason even though I strictly told them not to.

MXE would go extremely well with DOC IMO, it would ease out the stimulation while allowing for a deeper mental experience and even more profound visuals

Yeah man I told you in IMs, DOC is no joke. I still find, say 18mg 2C-E more intense at least for the peak...but that the DOC is just getting going when all the other psychedelics start dying down...at that point you realize it's deep stuff...there is a power to it you will come to respect. That 16hr stuff is the works, full on visuals at the 12hr point still, yeah 4mg orally should be plenty. You can always challenge 4mg DOC with a hit of MET if you think yer that ballsy! ;)

Folley I hate to break it to you but you set a baby compared toy psychedelic experience. I took 6 mg DOBat the age of 14 orally with no problems. Please ready posts in this forum before you diffestnamytjing to me. I'm older, more experienced, and all I do I'd high dose. I used to eat 2+. Mg of LSD and crave more. I dont put drugs in my ass. I blow. 80-85mg of
2C-C as my typical dose. I honestly feel insulted.

Thanatos I don't mean to disrespect you because I honestly think you are a badass, but you're coming dangerously close to dicksizing with your doses.

I personally think you can handle 5mg, but I'm just gonna put it out there that my first dose of DOC at 3mg was the 2nd most life-changing trip of my life and it sent me into what was almost a psychosis where I was hyper-analyzing everything and thinking I was a genius and learning things about my subconscious and the nature of reality, etc.

I'm just saying that 6mg of DOb wasnt overwhelming, DOB is more potent and intense. And I was 14 when I took i. The difference between dicksizing and articulating IRL necessities is the fact that I have
Psychedelic permatolerance.

makes sense.

in that case, when I had a bad psychedelic tolerance I took DOC at 5mg and didn't experience that much more than a body buzz and feeling mentally like I was on amphetamine, but quite mentally stoned at the same time.

I'm going to titrate from 200mics to 7mg just to let you guys know. I won't have a proper trip for months.