• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Yeah I used to take 3mg, or 3.5mg, but over time and literally hundreds of lifetime DOC trips, I have settled on 2mg as my usual dose, it's quite strong enough. I am usually trying to go hiking or something on it, I would still take 3mg but it's a little heavy for that.

Yes, anything over 3mg requires a safe spot to retreat to after a few hours. During the come up it's good to keep moving around and explore, but I find that after 3 hours I may need the comfort of my bed!

Every now and then I post more or less the same in this thread I've noticed. 160mcg (yes, micrograms) is a perfect microdose !

Have you microdosed with other psychedelics and how would you compare them to a microdose of DOC? I might try 100 - 200ug in the near future.

I find that DOC microdosing will truly last all day and will provide some peripheral stimulation as opposed to something like LSD which is basically utterly transparent. Although, I have never dosed that low... I think .25mg was my lowest and I found it pretty good but maybe not totally ideal.

I might try a micro dose in the future as well. Something that provides effects barely above baseline would be interesting to experience.

I found that doses under 1,5mg just gives me anxiety and insomnia. All the bad sides of stimulants without any positive side. Microdosing is a myth, a scam from a clever doctor that wanted to earn some extra money.

I did a 5 mg dose of DOC sunday morning at 01:15. This was a very nice trip and a lovely sweetspot. It didn't disappoint! Duration was very short though... Most visual effects were gone around 06:00 in the morning. At 07:00 all that remained was the body load and some mental fatigue. I ate 20mg diazepam at that time. I think it's a shame the duration is this short. After the come up there was a peak that didn't even last for four hours... How is the duration of the peak for you guys 'n galls?

Well for me DOC starts peaking around 3 hours in, and then the peak lasts until about 8 hours, and I usually can't sleep for 24 hours. I'll have light visuals remaining up to 12-16 hours in. It lasts a long time. It seems very odd that it lasted so short for you.

Duration-wise it would fit, but the dosage is too low for any 2C I can think of. But yeah, that's really, really short for DOC. Do you tend to metabolize drugs quickly?

For me coming up is 1-2h (I even fell asleep waiting for it to kick a few times and woke up fully tripping, awesome way of waking up xP) and the peak duration of psychedelic effects was never over 4-5h. Then, there is a loooong coming down period of low trippy mindset and stimulation that lasts 8-10h. If I take a benzo on this period of time I would fall sleep easily.

The drop in visual effects after the peak was very sudden and pronounced. Body load consisting of vaso constricting effects in hands and feet and some bruxism remained for quite some time. I also do not think it was anything else then DOx as it was quite distinct from any 2C-x I've ever tried. Can't comment on any other DOx as DOC is the only one I've tried as far as I'm aware.

Maybe I've got a quick metabolism as Xorkoth suggests. When tripping with friends I usually am the first to notice diminishing effects.
I might consider adding a bit of 4-ho-mipt next time.

I will say that after about 10 hours I stop noticing outright psychedelics effects, but to me the stage from 10 hours to 20 or more hours is one of the best parts of DOC, I feel euphoric, peaceful, articulate, and inspired, it's sort of like an idea dextro-amphetamine high with some lingering trippy thoughts, but mostly it's just this extremely focused and beautiful state of mind. Not everyone seems to get that but I know a variety of people who experience that same "plateau stage" (as I call it).

I definitely feel very articulate while on DOC, especially after the peak. Very honest and open as well. Leads to wonderful and thought-provoking conversation, at least from my point of view!

But I won't take DOC without having benzos on hand anymore because trying to sleep is very unpleasant and extremely difficult. Impossible for me before the 20hr mark, although I've had friends take naps after only 12 hours or so. But then I wake them up because I get listless haha.

I definitely feel very articulate while on DOC

This is one of the things I really like about DOC. I can find it quite difficult to convey thoughts on psychedelics, but it's never been a problem for me with DOC, words seem to flow quite freely.

Yeah usually when I take DOC it's with a good friend of mine who is really great at having epic conversations with anyway, but on DOC we end up having the most interesting and insightful conversations about anything and everything.

But I won't take DOC without having benzos on hand anymore because trying to sleep is very unpleasant and extremely difficult. Impossible for me before the 20hr mark, although I've had friends take naps after only 12 hours or so. But then I wake them up because I get listless haha.

Yeah when I was in my twenties I could sleep fine about 20 hours after DOC, but I've noticed the past 2 years it has been disrupting my sleep more and more, sometimes I'll take it at, say, 10 or 11am, and then I'll be utterly unable to sleep at all that night, and I'll go through the next day with a little of that energy remaining. I actually love the residual mental state, I'll feel it some for a whole second day usually, it's a remnant of that wonderful DOC plateau. But physically I will be restless. I've even had trouble sleeping the second night, not that I can't do it, just that I really have to try. I used to take DOC like 3 of 4 weekends in a month for a while, but these days I have to keep it a more infrequent thing.

Of course, some etizolam at the end of the night can knock me out and make the next day pretty normal, but I actually kinda like the really extended duration... it increases the impact of the trip. It also makes me want to use it less.

Last edited:
^ @Xor - I found that I was just straight up abusing this one at a certain point by taking the edge off with a benzo, at which point I had to re-evaluate why I was using it.

Yeah I used to straight up abuse it without a benzo when I was younger, sometimes it was fully insane, like I remember one time on a family vacation at the lake I took it 6 or 7 days in a row, just because I enjoyed it so much, I was just swimming and sunbathing and tubing and partying with my cousins and siblings and having bonfires and shit, staying up late... that's the most intense I ever went on it. I can't imagine how my body could handle that, there's no way I would even take it 2 days in a row anymore but I used to do that frequently, it would be a Saturday/Sunday thing, I'd stay up all night Saturday and take more in the morning to keep it going.