• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it can be hard to get motivated at times. Just tell yourself only an hour (or however long you work out for) n it's over n I can enjoy the footy.

When you say football, you mean American football, right? I forget it's different over there n that you call our football, soccer.

Enjoy the footy.

Evey :) xxxx

OMG I forgot that there was actually a game I wanted to see today... Niner's and sea hawks...

Decisions, decisions...

Looks like I'm either doing a later yoga class or skipping a second day. Shiiieeet

^ yep american football.. it the final two games, the winners will then go into the super bowl.

little lighter work out today.. 20 minutes of stretching, walked half mile or .8 kilometer, ran 2 miles or three kilometers, lifted biceps and wrists, and sat in the steam room.. feel amazing once again :)

Well done Maya. Hope you enjoyed yourself too

Thanks Evey!

Since I feel amazing today I think i will go to the gym after lunch do some cardio and one of the exercises from the 30 day challenge. I will just do the weights tomorrow so I don't get super tired.

A light workout, nsa? That doesn't sound light it sounds a good workout. Don't forget it's important to rest too for the muscles to recover :) sounds like you're doing really well n I'm pleased for you.

I've just done 30 minutes cardio core express n 30 minutes butt. Now having a camomile tea n a herbalife snack bar x

^ I listen to my body pretty good but its always good to be reminded not to push it to hard.

I have a busy day today so I will only be doing some stretching. But im going to check into the yoga today.

I fell asleep yesterday and when I woke up it was already dinner time so I wasnt able to go to the gym lol. I will go today and do some cardio and the 30 day challenge as mentioned but I dont think ill be the doing a full body workout because I want to push my body too much to avoid injuries. I thought I was going to be injured last Saturday because my legs hurt.

^^ Definitely listen to your body Maya. Injury would just lead to missing way more work out time than if you take it easy sometimes. :)

^ I listen to my body pretty good but its always good to be reminded not to push it to hard.

I have a busy day today so I will only be doing some stretching. But im going to check into the yoga today.

Yessss nsa! That's awesome. Lemme know how it goes for you! There is seriously such a spring in my step since I started doing it a couple weeks ago. Plus anxiety is down, spirituality is up, I'm getting more confident and outgoing in social situations.. It's great.

Yoga in a couple hours then Jogging, and if I have time I wanna see if I can figure out where to buy a new pair of chucks today. Flat feet, so one of the only shoes I can actually wear for things like running.

I agree with case. It's VERY important to make time to rest. Check out 'over training' n you'll know the signs if you go to hard. It 's so easy to do when we feel good n we've got goals to achieve. I exercised on an l5/s1 disc herniation with full blown sciatica n refused to rest for 5 weeks because I "had to complete my INSANITY programme." It's not worth it - rest is as important as the exercise itself because that's when your muscles are repairing.

A tip is to try not to work the same muscle group two days in a row. And 80% is nutrition so it 's always important to think about the right foods like amega3, B12 n B6 etc.

10 minute fast burn completed kettlebells ) n walking

Evey xxxx

Just got back from yoga. First class I made it through the entire hour without stopping to rest at all unless directed by the instructor. Noticing progress totally boosts confidence. Gonna rest, have a snack n then go jogging. Used my arms a LOT in yoga today so not sure how many pushups i'll do after running today, but gonna do some core exercises.

One more hour cant wait!! I miss the sweating part of cardio lol I didnt do it for three days and I freakin miss it!!!

I always find when I've had a few days off I've more energy n can do a better job of the workout x

My DOC has always been cannabis, to counter sitting around and smoking I've been getting out of the house and running around, working out, I've never had proper abs in my life till a few weeks ago, give it a couple weeks I'll be grating cheese on my tummy because I'm getting RIDICULOUS results I honestly never thought were possible. It's keeping me excited and continuing the motivation that has stopped me a lot of times when I was younger, I just gotta be consistent!

The result of not doing drugs and actually taking some care in my body I guess. =D

My DOC has always been cannabis, to counter sitting around and smoking I've been getting out of the house and running around, working out, I've never had proper abs in my life till a few weeks ago, give it a couple weeks I'll be grating cheese on my tummy because I'm getting RIDICULOUS results I honestly never thought were possible. It's keeping me excited and continuing the motivation that has stopped me a lot of times when I was younger, I just gotta be consistent!

The result of not doing drugs and actually taking some care in my body I guess. =D

Awesome! We should see results soon we just need to be consistent like what you've mentioned.

I powered through my workout last night 50 min cardio with pushups, crunches, jumping jacks, jumping rope and squats (kind of like a mini boot camp).

I just plan to do some dumbell exercises tonight but if I feel that I can do more I would just have to see how it goes.

About to head to yoga, jogging pushups and core work afterwards and then back to campus for a study session. :)

An hour Jillian Michaels, full body workout. Push ups, squats , dumbells, plank, cardio, lunges, tricep kick backs. Feel good now.

Last edited:
Alright evel thats all I needed to here:).. Im going to head off and brave the after work crowd and get feeling good.

I realized that if I went downtown for yoga then came back and ran and worked out I wouldn't have wanted to go back downtown a third time today for studying later. So Instead I skipped yoga today and went for a bit longer of a jog then normal, currently doing sit ups, pushups, squats, planks, etc. I'll probably do one or the other from now on, either yoga or jogging. Both in one day plus school might be too much. I'll do it whenever i feel up to it, but won't hold myself to it every single day as long as i do one or the other. Always good to switch exercises anyway in order to recover. :)

I really want to start indoor rock climbing again. Been thinking about it for the last week or so. right after the first time i went to rehab a few years back i took a class for indoor rock climbing for a few months and LOVED it. I've also never been in better shape than i was then. I have a small amount of money i saved from christmas, might look into joining the local climbing gym. I'm pretty sure they also have a regular gym on premises, so I could start climbing as well as weight training if I joined. Gotta find climbing partners on meet ups.com or something similar though, cause that's something you really can't just go do on your own.

Anyway, gonna look into it. Depends on how much a membership costs/for how long.

Last edited:
^woah look at you go hehe you gonna be fit in no time!

Change of plans guys my friend invited me to watch a movie tonight THE DEVIL'S DUE movie but hey I worked out last night so I need to rest any way so I will just power it out tomorrow. :D promise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.