• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crack lung

pirates_

Bluelighter
Around xmas week and the weekend before i started a crack cocaine bingge, i was also drinking fairly heavy and abusing xanax.. i also went out to the night clubs drank and drank a and danced a whole lot..during this time i also had sever ouch incidence to both of my feet being that i dont like to wear shoes.. and by ouch i mean i was tripping over things kicking things and stepping on thing on accident, my right foot begin to hurt where i couldnt walk on it..but it didnt matter i was on my first ever crack bingge..so monday while smoking crack... i saw my injured foot was swellling up, tuesday came around i woke up with a high fever and an ugly cough..spittin out black shit....so i stopped smokin crack that day..or the next morning i dont remember..but wednesday my feet and ankles were swollen bad.. so i put the pipe down and went to the er,, the doc said it looked like cellutis because my feet were red and smelled of infection. which is plausible, i dont wear shoes ever when i do i dont wear socks, and i also took a bath in a crack house where the water was sitting for months, and had a drain declogger snake thing sittin in there..with algae on in the tub, and i have athletes feet ..so all the injuries and athletes foot could of left an opening for infections..so anywho.. the doc gave me some strong antibiotics, but i wasnt happy so i went and saw my regular doc, he said it was probally an infection, and it sounded like i had broncitis(you could hear the crackle when i breathed) but my blood pressure was good, my oxygen was perfect,n my heart sounded healthy.. but was worried bout my kidneys because he thought i was always getting infections(which is untrue, ive only been sick like 2 or 3 times in 5 years lol),,since taking the antibiotics and me stopping the crack smoke, my feet went back to normal within 48-72 hours the fever went aaaway, the crackling went away, and my energy is back up...what suprises me is that i told all the doc about my my first time crack binge..an nobody brought up crack lung? from what i read i match all the symptoms..what do you all think? my biggest fear is heart failure, i suffer from severe anxiety and have lost nights of sleep worrying about it since the doctors didnt rule that out either.. anyone ever go ever go threw this? im sorry if this is jumbled by im kinda freaking out as i type this i dont wanna die :(

btw i stopped smoking crack

btw i am on MMT I TAKE 95 MG A day, around the time alll this was happening i had dropped down to 95 from 100

Do you smoke it on ash (euro style?)

dust gets inhaled pretty bad , plastic bottles are also not a good way to go (if there is any to smoking rock)

The methadone is very good at covering up symptoms of bronchitis or worse pneumonia. Also it keeps you from coughing so crap stays in your lungs.

i did it with a pipe an on a can.. i didnt know wat i was doing, n i didnt use the regulr brown brillo i used a aluminum looking one..my buddy said i was supposed to heat it first to rid it of the chemicals..but i didnt listen

ive never done crack or coke before this was my first time ever, and i was smoking haard core..

Bump Bump Bump, maybe im just optimistic ,or forcing my self to be so that i can continue with my life as normal, but i would like to bring attention to something that some doctors may miss. As the title states, I am talking about Crack Lung. It sounds like smokers cough, but it is kind of serious, and is often mistaken for other conditions. Crack lung is a condition that can happen right after your first time smoking crack or years after smoking crack. Some of the symptoms include Dyspnea at rest
Exertional cyanosis
Lung signs/abnormality
Painful cough
Pulmonary Crackles
Rales
Rales,dry
Rhonchi/coarse rales
Shortness of breath/SOB
Sudden onset dyspnea
Wheezing
Voice Alteration
Fever
Fever Febrile Possible
Flu-Like Syndrome
High body temperature
Pulomenary Edema
It can be very dangerous, as a matter of fact they usually figure out someone has crack lung after they od from smoking. Recently i went to the doctor with Edema, high fever, flu like symptoms voice alteration, weezing, and crackling from the lungs.They diagnosed me with broncitis, and cellutis of my legs, this of course is without no test..the symptoms began a day after i started my crack binge, and went away 72 hours after i stopped(hopefully).. as i stated i was also prescibed antibiotics for the cellutis in both of my legs..so an infection may have caused the swelling, but either way I would like to see more info on the subject, personal stories, and i would also advise you if you have any of the above symptoms after smoking crack go to an ER..it can be fatal.. im sorry to bring this post up again if this has been discussed in detail else where

Thanks
Pirates_

>and i also took a bath in a crack house where the water was sitting for months, and had a drain declogger snake thing sittin in there.

Hahahah, thanks for the story though man.

and man crack lung happens from smoking freebase for years

I'd be more concerned about doing something about your foot hygiene if this is all true.

Why in the hell would you take a bath in a crack house that had nasty, disgusting water that had been sitting in it for months? Seems like no matter how dirty or nasty you were, you would have been a hell of a lot better off just skipping your bathing in those circumstances. Hell, I would have went a week with no bath if that had been my only option for bathing..doesnt make any sense at all.

Also, all of the symptoms you listed above for "crack lung" are also symptoms of a respiratory infection such as bronchitis. I am sure that the issue with your feet and the issue with your lungs are not related and that the feet have to do with you just being nasty by taking a bath at a crack house. Of course after you quit smoking that shit and after you took your antibiotics all of your symptoms are gone or improving...why wouldnt it? The antibiotics would clear up any infections you have, both respiratory and whatever nasty thing you had going on with your feet.

I would quit worrying about having "crack lung", you are way over thinking an issue that is pretty much resolved..another thing that you could do to prevent any more issues or any chance of you developing something like that would be to not smoke crack anymore...especially the way you were doing it on a binge. So why was the doctor concerned about your kidneys? Where does that fit into all of this? I didnt understand that part.

Anyway, you shouldnt be worried anymore (at least not until you decide to have a good time like that again). Your vitals are all normal you said. Your bronchitis/respiratory infection is clearing from the use of the antibiotics (just like any other case of bronchitis would). Every single thing that I read about "Crack lung" says that it does not respond to antibiotics because it is not an infection but more of a injury to your lungs due to that shit. Also, with crack lung, the difference in that and a respiratory infection like you had that you didnt mention above is with crack lung one almost always has severe lung pain and coughing up blood (which you didnt mention happened to you). Despite that you said it can happen after just one time of smoking everything I see says that it usually is a result of heavy, long term smoking of crack. Just stay away from the crack houses and your lungs and feet will thank you.

Last edited:
That bath was priceless. Did you dry yourself with the towel sitting under the overfull litter box?

id be way more worried about your feet or hygiene than smoking crack

I am sure we have all once to twice been sucked into the allure of bathing in the week old, stagnant, and hep c filled water at our local crackhouse.

My buddy's mom had to have a tracheotomy performed on her due to her excessive crack smoking (or so I was told, anyway)

I met her a couple times, nice lady

I've seen some filthy heroin users too. Not too far from a binging crack smoker

I've seen some filthy heroin users too. Not too far from a binging crack smoker
Just because an opiate user chooses to not be clean doesnt mean opiate users tend to ever be dirty at all. They arent kicking shit because they feel all powerful and doing gross shit without regard for the themselves because they feel invincible. Ive seen dirty caffeine users and ethanol users too.

i also took a bath in a crack house where the water was sitting for months, and had a drain declogger snake thing sittin in there..with algae on in the tub, and i have athletes feet ..so all the injuries and athletes foot could of left an opening for infections.

Dude, that is the most outlandish shit I've ever heard in my entire life. I know allllllll about crack houses, their designed to come and GO, unless you've got a death wish.

I was feeling really bad, my heart was beating fast, I read your article and total forgot about my problems, lol, I hate to say this, but you need to think more.

All that stuff about no shoes, old water, I think you had a little bit much for that evening.

And also, out of all the years of the internet I've never heard anything like that.

Dude, I hope you're practicing better hygiene now days.

PawnShop

That bath was priceless. Did you dry yourself with the towel sitting under the overfull litter box?

I'm sure the litter box was pawned.

I've never seen one at a crack / trap house.

I've seen shit at a crack / heroin / trap house that cannot even be described in words. Like, one house the entire floor was ripped up to get to the copper water supply, no windows, I'm sure they sold everything as in screws and switch plates just to get $10.00

This thread is years old I'm sending it to the archives