• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

EDGEoftheWorld

Does heroin make your worries go away? Sure , for a few hours , but then your worries excel ... Ask yourself these questions.

Do you have $ to support your habit?

Do you have a dealer on call 24/7 so you won't be sick?

Can you deal with withdrawals if you get sick?

Can you deal with the loss if someone shifts you and gives you a crap bag instead if good?

Can you deal with the physical symptoms of IV use or snorting? (Missed shot, access, possible OD?

Lastly, can you deal with the social stigma surrounding heroin use , loss of friends, family member relationships becoming null and void?

I'm an addict, trust me on this.
1. Not currently
2. No, I could probably find one
3. I don’t know
4. Again I don’t know, id probably be pissed
5. I never honestly think of any of those as a real possibility of happening, so idk either
6. Hopefully people wouldn’t find out, but honestly, I’d be most likely very upset about it
Somehow I think it would just magically work out. It wouldn’t be a big deal if I ended up unable to stop, or somehow I’d find a way to get money for it. I guess I don’t really know much here lol

It is no laughing matter. If you end up trying it I would have great sympathy for the suffering you could endure. There are no lol's when people are dropping dead like flies.

It is no laughing matter. If you end up trying it I would have great sympathy for the suffering you could endure. There are no lol's when people are dropping dead like flies.
I don’t find it funny, the “lol” was referring to how I probably seem incredibly stupid

You don't sound stupid. Nobody sets out to be an addict. I think you have no idea what you might be getting yourself into. Not sure why you are thinking of trying it but I hope you change your mind. I'd take a shattered elbow before going through cold turkey withdrawal again and I'm lucky to be alive.

I don’t find it funny, the “lol” was referring to how I probably seem incredibly stupid

Don't do it , please.

If I could go back to the past year and change it , I would. Between the $ spent , sickness , loss of relationships and the physical and mental issues ... It's just not worth it.

And I'm one who works a full time job (same I've had for years) , doesn't have a criminal record , etc. , but this drug has a hold on me you wouldn't believe.

I am pretty sure he already knows all of that from our previous posts. Can't force or reason with someone who has already set his mind to do it and seems to be totally inflexible. It's ironic and very sad. We all tell the worst things that will most likely happen and OP persists. He knows what to expect.

I am pretty sure he already knows all of that from our previous posts. Can't force or reason with someone who has already set his mind to do it and seems to be totally inflexible. It's ironic and very sad. We all tell the worst things that will most likely happen and OP persists. He knows what to expect.
*she, & i said i want to do it, but i haven’t gone out asking for it yet
it’s not a “yeah im 100% gonna go do this tomorrow (for example)” just that i feel like i can’t really take my thoughts & anxiety much longer

Ya know, I feel like the more people tell me "don't", the more it makes me want to do the opposite. Perhaps it's oppositional defiant disorder ha? I don't know "stop" "don't" "be quiet" anything that tells me what to be seems to further notice curiosity ahaha. So ya know what, I am not gonna tell anyone they should or should not do somethig. All I can and will do is share a perspective. Don't try heroin, the anxiety and depressions stays. Try heroin, and the anxiety and depression will worsen. It is certain and futile. Sober, who knows what way your mental health will turn. But on opiates, your mental health without a doubt will become worse like you can't imagine. I look back now at when I was depressed and started doing opiates at 16, and ya know what? That depression and fear and anxiety I had back at then was NOTHING compared to the pain and fear and utter hopelessness I feel now.. I look back and often wish I knew then what I do now (cuz then I'd realize it's not so bad, but life can never work out like that, that's just too easy and predictable ha)

So one way or another, sober or trying heroin, you will have to face and deal with this depression and anxiety. So if you do try some, keep in mind, at first it will do what you want. In the pop of a pill and snort of a line, you instantaneously will be relieved of your issues, not because it's helping, but because temporarily, you just don't care. About anything. Sitting in a closet can be bliss... and that's where the slow decline begins. Instead of training your brain to adopt healthy habits to combat pain and fear and stress, you now will develop an easy way out. No effort. Ever heard that saying "nothing worth having comes easy?" Well that applies to opiates. Coping with stress and pain in a worthwhile and truly beneficial way is a BITCH. It's HARD. Where as popping a pill or smokin a hit is as easy as it gets.

And as we all know, by nature, our brains take the path of least resistance. But it's that easy route that fails to challenge us.. it fails to enlighten us and help us grow. Thus leading to the slow decent of self loathing. Even the rare few people who manage to hold a 6 figure job and a family, still live in anxiety and fear.

And at the end of the day, that's where we all will forever stay (while actively using) will our hook stay reliable? Will the product stay reliable? It's just another bill to maintain. Not to mention the inevitable corrosion of your stomach and lungs. Even if your hook is immortal and has dope of the gods for all eternity, your insides are breaking down, and that alone is a whole nother stressful hell.

There is no escaping the depression and anxiety. So if you would like momentary relief, and the cost of guaranteed misery later, well hey at least you weren't ignorant about it and educated yourself. (I find not blaming others is good for transcending to a better place in your soul) I just have to advise you, eventually, one day you will wake up and realize you need more dope to achieve the same affects. Until you plateau. And you either need to take so much that you OD, or you just agree to take a dose that no longer makes you feel euphoria, you simply feel "normal", and "not sick", but still mentally struggling...

It is the epitome of insidious. It creeps so slow. For some it takes decades, me, simply 3 years...
the first step to addiction is recreational use. Every user of elicit substances started out recreational (for the majority)
Ya do it here and there. And then one day you find a steady hook. When you show your brain a form of relief and pleasure and reward, and that relief and reward suddenly is your new neighbor or new friend who has a steady supply and is cool to hit up... well it's damn near impossible to refuse. ESPECIALLY if you are prone to depression AND your environment is shit. It's a game of Russian roulette with crap odds. I believe the very very few people who have been able to not spiral into chaos with their addiction, well they don't deal with debilitating mental illness (even before addiction), they have good people in their lives, they live in a nice environment, they have a huge passion/creative outlet that they focus on a lot, they have pre established profound responsibilities that keep them motivated to stay functional, they have established financial security, and last but not least, they don't have a hook that is available at any moment everyday.....

Ahh ok. End rant. Damn that was long.. my bad. Just remember... INSIDIOUS!
:D I truly wish your soul luck chica...
Sincerely,
-Danielle (north Jerz)

You have enough information to take the right decision. The thing about the more tell me not to do it, more I want too seems a bit childish for someone as eloquent as you are. Imho, that’s not how we decide on things, especially if we are talking about heroin and possibly a long dark period of your life.

i used to have this Romantic image of drug addiction, especially heroin. but there's nothing good about being that tortured poet you imagined, life is misery, your family and friends either leave or are terrified you'll die every time you part with them.
you're sick, in pain, doing things you would never otherwise do for a bag of stuff that's killing people you know.
oh, and the poetry, the music, the art doesn't get done. nothing gets done, you're put into stasis - suspended animation, limbo, whatever. yeah sure you have those cheekybones you always wanted but you also have hep c, absences, the shakes, disability, debts and nowhere to sleep tonight.
and the worst part is, i'm still gonna do it and i'm gonna die and i'm okay with that. if you cherish whatever it is you think fits into this Romanticised cycle of addiction, mental illness and death, take it and run far away because you'll sell that for a bag of dirt in a couple of weeks. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Unexpected effects after multiple drug use

Hi people, this is my first post, and my english is not that good. Im a brazilian guy, very experienced drug user, and I want to share an experience with you.
I recently got 15 oxycontin 10mg, instant release ones. Ive never used opioids before, and yesterday in the morning , I started popping oxy. Started with 2 pills oral and 1 sniffed. I had terible nausea, but took 100mg dramamine and it passed. I wasn't high as I expected, but it was very good. So I kept popping and siffing the pills and smoking weed all day long, I was locked in my bed and slept a little bit. At around 21h I went to a "party" in my friends house, and started drinking wine. The high became fantastic, I was flirting with a girl , and talking was great. I also took 150mg bupropion (just trying to achieve some stimulation, not sure if helped). At the end of the night I have taken 10 10mg pills, drunk about 6 glasses of wine, and smoked tons of weed. It was real good, I liked the drug, but expected it was more euphoric and pleasurable.
So I went home and slept very well. When I woke up I could still feel the opiate high, but nothing strong. I made myself a double espresso and smoked a bit of weed and a cigarette. The weed seemed to bring back the opiate feeling, but very weak. A few moments later I decide to take 300mg bupropion, and after that, something bizarre happened. I started having CEVs , very cool ones, and my vision was kinda blurry. In a few moments I started having OEV's, and it was crazy, totally unexpected. Actually, Im having these visuals now, as I type, it looks almost like a medium dose of LSD, I can see clearly patterns rotating but there's no tracers, and the colors are normal. My mind isn't too different of being stoned.

So, have this ever happed to someone?
Do you have a clue of what caused so rich visuals.?
I want to say that I know the amount and combination of the drugs I used are dangerous, and I don't recomend anyone to do this.

you're lucky you didn't OD from combing that much oxy with that much wine for your first foray into opiates i know that much.

Should you try heroin? I just went on subutex from a heavy IV heroin habit. I feel like crying and self harming, my mind can't stop thinking about sticking a needle in my arm, plunging the heroin into my vein and taking this living hell away from me.
I've blown savings that took over a year to save. Lost my job. Lost my self respect. Should you try heroin, I'll let you decide.

I know the feeling. Trust me, it’s tough even when you quit. I have come off of opiates and benzos for 2 years and 8 months and I still feel vulnerable at times. This is something that we carry with us for ever and we can’t simply pretend it’s part of our past. One day at a time, always. Life is much better now but my point is why did I start doing something so f**cked up!?

If this was directed towards my post.. well I must say you are incredibly correct. Even I myself find it childish (the whole being told no means you should definitely go against that) thus why I brought up the defiant disorder. It is definitely a misguided issue with authority hahaha very childish if I do say so myself. It's a true barrier to a lot of progress... but a humbling barrier at that.

and if that reply was not for me, then pardon me for tooting my own horn there hah.

I think history of opiates/opiods use throughout a someons whole life will influence how you use heroin when you eventually come to it. I used loads and loads of coedeine many years ago

Last edited: