• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I did it. But all the suffering you go through, and the commitment you’ll always need to have. All the regrets, the years you lose. If that could be avoided, it would be a blessing. It’s a tough life indeed, of course much better when you quit, but have to you live one day at a time! Not something you would wish to have in your life for ever..

Yeah indeed 15 years and doing heroin already? Really, that is not going to end well for anyone, it never have had and never will have happy ending.

Why straight to heroin at 15? That’s a little extreme. At least try a vicodin or two at first if you’re committed to going down that road.

But why do you want to go down that road?

The others are correct. This is a mistake. Your life is precious and you’re too young to fuck it up. Take the wisdom from those of us who have been there. There is no happy ending.

Why straight to heroin at 15? That’s a little extreme. At least try a vicodin or two at first if you’re committed to going down that road.

The others are correct. This is a mistake. Your life is precious and you’re too young to fuck it up. Take the wisdom from those of us who have been there. There is no happy ending.
Indeed, 15 years old shouldn't use any drugs. Not going to moralize anyone. You should read this thread more careful, and maybe it makes you rethink about you're choices.

Only maybe 1 in 1 000 000 can use strong opioids every now and then for long periods of time, little by little you get addicted by doing it more frequently, finally you think what the hell why doing only 3 days a week why not 4, 5, 6 hell why not all the time? I could use them 8 years without getting addicted used every now and then binged on them too. Someone might use 10 years, but if not stopping completely I would say 99% will end up addicted and then there waits hell. Slowly but surely you find yourself turning to opioids every time when you have problems in life or having a negative emotions that you want escape, like anxiety or depression. Mild opioids like codeine and tramadol can be also hard to handle because for opioid-naive person they work very strongly, I would say I got as much euphoria out of tramadol and codeine that I did get from oxycodone later one, after turning to stronger opioids the milder won't work anymore. And oh when you get some strong wd's you really feel that you fucked up to the point of no return. However this why around 50% of addicts will end up in life long opioid maintenance treatment.

too late, they're already aware of my desire to try heroin. but they also know my issues, they say i should try medication, but as i said above this place i go to doesn't have a psychiatrist to prescribe anything so my parents are trying to get me to switch places again
Honestly you might find better relief getting into herbal teas. Especially since you don't use other drugs you did really be able to notice any effects. Try starting with packs from the grocery store such as the sleepy time tea or relax tea. Once you start getting aquanttend with the different herbs and how they affect one another you can start buying raw dried herbs and he make your own blends.

The physical dependency of heroin and opiods in general will destroy anyone who gets caught in it. A big part of the issue is it causes a physical dependency that leaves your body stiff, sweaty, and out of strength due to such intracite effects it will be so bad that you start feeling weakness that leaves you wanting to just stop breathing because it is just so tiring while of course you can't just stop breathing. Heroin is not something you should get into... Even cannabis you could say a fee years before trying it.

Indeed, 15 years old shouldn't use any drugs. Not going to moralize anyone. You should read this thread more careful, and maybe it makes you rethink about you're choices.

Only maybe 1 in 1 000 000 can use strong opioids every now and then for long periods of time, little by little you get addicted by doing it more frequently, finally you think what the hell why doing only 3 days a week why not 4, 5, 6 hell why not all the time? I could use them 8 years without getting addicted used every now and then binged on them too. Someone might use 10 years, but if not stopping completely I would say 99% will end up addicted and then there waits hell. Slowly but surely you find yourself turning to opioids every time when you have problems in life or having a negative emotions that you want escape, like anxiety or depression. Mild opioids like codeine and tramadol can be also hard to handle because for opioid-naive person they work very strongly, I would say I got as much euphoria out of tramadol and codeine that I did get from oxycodone later one, after turning to stronger opioids the milder won't work anymore. And oh when you get some strong wd's you really feel that you fucked up to the point of no return. However this why around 50% of addicts will end up in life long opioid maintenance treatment.
I hadn’t read through this thread, my post got moved in it.
Why can a small number of people use it without becoming addicted/dependent, but I couldn’t? Sorry, I probably sound ignorant but I just want something to feel good, so I’ll focus on the positive effects and I won’t believe anything bad would happen because it’s supposed to be so wonderful.

Because I heard that heroin would give you a very pleasant, euphoric feeling, others say it would make your problems go away (well, I wouldn’t be thinking about them).
It’s not that I wanna go down that road, I just wanna experience that feeling. Not to be hooked on it.
I don’t really think there’s anything to fuck up. I have three years where I’m stuck in my house in an area I honestly could not hate any more than I do, and all my dreams I wanna see happen, couldn’t happen until I’m at least 18. So I’m stuck here basically in a waiting game. Which leads me to think why not, you know

You can’t have it both ways. Addiction on heroin starts with curiosity, do you think any of us wanted to keep doing it. You don’t seem to understand that once you try, you’ll do it again. You can pretend that you are above everyone else and never do it again, but deep inside you know you will. Again and again and again. That’s the cost you pay.

Do you think I wanted to be addicted to heroin? Of course not. I just wanted to try and go on with my life. But as I said, you tried once, got the feeling you wanted to experience. Nothing happened to you, but it was nice so I just do it one more time. And that’s the history of most of us. It’s not that simple.

Exactly! As if people were addicted by choice.

No, it was because we all wanted to give a try, and then do it once more.. But at the of 15? I wonder how much more naive OP can be. It’s not that simple. It would be such a waste. It’s your life but it hasn’t even started yet.

You could learn all you need about your dreams and then make them happen in 3 years. Trust us, heroin will just crush those dreams exactly because, among other things, it makes you not give a shit.

You could learn all you need about your dreams and then make them happen in 3 years. Trust us, heroin will just crush those dreams exactly because, among other things, it makes you not give a shit.
right but it feels like forever
sometimes id rather not give a shit, i mean not in a bad way but still

You can’t have it both ways. Addiction on heroin starts with curiosity, do you think any of us wanted to keep doing it. You don’t seem to understand that once you try, you’ll do it again. You can pretend that you are above everyone else and never do it again, but deep inside you know you will. Again and again and again. That’s the cost you pay.

Do you think I wanted to be addicted to heroin? Of course not. I just wanted to try and go on with my life. But as I said, you tried once, got the feeling you wanted to experience. Nothing happened to you, but it was nice so I just do it one more time. And that’s the history of most of us. It’s not that simple.
Exactly! As if people were addicted by choice.

No, it was because we all wanted to give a try, and then do it once more.. But at the of 15? I wonder how much more naive OP can be. It’s not that simple. It would be such a waste. It’s your life but it hasn’t even started yet.
well, why can some people control it (even if it's a small amount of people) but others cant?
yeah i can be pretty naive sometimes, and i don't think I'm above anyone

If you start down the road of destruction its going to be that much worse, in 3 years time you wont care what goals you have all you will care about is your next fix.

Take advice from those of us that have been down that road.

I also believed I would never become addicted and I woke up one day and realised hey actually I am addicted and this is a problem.

I am now clean but I cannot tell you what a hard road this has been and that I still battle EVERY single day!

Sometime I shoot heroin to help with the iv coke comedown, and honestly, I hate the high. But it does help with the cocaine cravings. It really depends on who you are and what drugs you are into. I haven't gotten sucked into doing dope, but one hit of iv coke and I haven't stopped since.

EDGEoftheWorld

Does heroin make your worries go away? Sure , for a few hours , but then your worries excel ... Ask yourself these questions.

Do you have $ to support your habit?

Do you have a dealer on call 24/7 so you won't be sick?

Can you deal with withdrawals if you get sick?

Can you deal with the loss if someone shifts you and gives you a crap bag instead if good?

Can you deal with the physical symptoms of IV use or snorting? (Missed shot, access, possible OD?

Lastly, can you deal with the social stigma surrounding heroin use , loss of friends, family member relationships becoming null and void?

I'm an addict, trust me on this.

It ruined my life from my early to late 20's. The first 18 months were great, I was really high functioning. Then all hell broke loose and I nearly lost my life. I will be two weeks clean as of tomorrow. I got in way over my head, and it's extremely common for that to happen. It sneaks up on you, it's devious. Not a care in the world. The thing is that nobody can understand how extreme the withdrawal and tolerance effects are. You will want to quit so bad, and what the fuck is the point of trying something with that high an addiction risk. Make smart choices. Nobody would consider trying heroin a smart thing to do.

Many people find themselves able to function while moderately high. This is how it sneaks up on you. Alcohol is so socially acceptable that it's not hard to find yourself drinking everyday if prone to it. Problem with heroin is that unlike alcohol it's easy to use before work and get away with it. It makes repetitive office work tolerable. You cant smell it...it doesn't mess with coordination or cognition or speech except at high doses. So it becomes easier to justify. But it's never sustainable. Money aside, you will start getting sick and needing more and more just to feel normal. Your dealer gets arrested or just doesnt show, you need to travel, etc...tough shit, get ready to be incapacitated for most of the week, and miserable for a year unless you start using or start treatment.

People often feel that they can function better on opiates or that it helps with creativity. That phase is short lived even if true. Heroin ultimately kills any motivation or ambition outside of copping more of it. It triggers the same endorphins that make you feel happy after a real accomplishment. When you can stare at a wall in an empty apartment and hit the happy button, you soon stop giving a shit about work, friends, dreams, goals, even family. That is how this drug kills your soul.

I agree completely. That was essentially my experience with it. Cold turkey was absolute hell too. It's not easy to find two weeks to kick if you can even handle it. The withdrawals get worse and worse over time, and the duration of the high drastically shortens. Well, you eventually no longer get high. Not to mention how bad the constipation can be... I was hanging onto the edge of the seat trying to think happy thoughts. Felt like what I imagine getting raped would feel like. I am SO done with that fucking garbage. Good luck to anyone who is actively using and trying to find a way out! It's so worth it to suffer through the fucking sickness. That shit gets in your fucking bones man. Full body muscle aches felt like I was being burnt alive. That week of hell fuckin traumatized me.

It's certainly true, the withdrawal is a combination of the darkest, bleakest depression you can't imagine until you experience it, horrible physical anxiety/akathesia, and a bad flu strain. The physical part is bad and the mental part is worse. The physical withdrawal usually mostly passes after 4-5 days and completely after 2-3 weeks, but the mental component (PAWS) often persists for a year or more.

The relapse rate is so obscenely high because of PAWS. People quit, they still feel extreme depression and anxiety after months and months of sobriety, (usually losing any employment in the process), so they convince themselves it would be better to go back to opiates the same way you go to a warm blanket or a fireplace after freezing for hours.

Some will attempt to moderate their use this time, only to find out that now it only takes 2 days to become physically dependent now instead of 2 weeks like the first time. They find that the withdrawal gets worse and worse every further relapse. That is, if they don't overdose on 1/10th of what they're used to taking because their tolerance is lower and their heroin is now some fentanyl-analogue.

It's a losing battle. You can win, but the odds of not relapsing are about 1%. Some people have better luck tapering with maintenance meds, some find the maintenance meds harder to kick than heroin. Some have luck with other strategies like ibogaine, but most don't have the option.

Don't hold your breath for the government to help you: one of key figures responsible for the opioid escalation of the past 6 years is currently nominated to become U.S. Drug Czar.

It's such a stupid fuckin idea, people seem to romanticize it. Well it is a completey abusive relationship that can lead to a slow painful death where you slowly lose everything in your life that you hold dear. It saddens me to think of the extreme abuse and how much suffering the habit leads to and how it tricks good, intelligent people into killing themselves. I am so lucky to be free and I'm not going to say at least for the time being because I will never go back. It's not worth it even if you have extreme chronic pain like I do. I am presently in physical agony and there is nothing I can do about that but I am just happy to be clean.