• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Ok im just going to leave my opinion on this and see if anyone else agrees rather than argue over nothing

It really depends on your personality type if you will get addicted to heroin IMO. I generally am not the most sociable person so I wound up really enjoying drugs that more or less required no other interaction with people to increase my enjoyment of them. Opiates are by far at the peak of that group, with weed and amphetamines being a bit below that. On the complete other hand, I never even came remotely close to abusing cocaine. Id do it every once and a while, but it just wasnt really a good fit for my ideal mindstate, although I did enjoy the fuck out of it.

And I know this is a murky and hearsay ridden subject but lets be honest, not all dope is created equal. Im not gonna say I always get 10/10 bags, and sometimes you get bags that barely do anything, but more often than not where im at, youre gonna get shit at least decent enough to make you OD if you arent careful. When you can just feel that pungent dope taste in your senses more than anything it might be cut with, its just like the lights on a drag racing strip in my mind like you put a dab on your tongue and its just the most rancid yet satisfying taste.

might take a little travel and waiting around to get to that point but odds are you dont really have much better to do if youre buying dope to begin with and the trip back is always WAY more enjoyable than the ride down so i kind of look at it as a one way trip really.

and all you really need is transportation, money, and a cell phone if you want to make it real easy. Thats all that seperates you from fiending for that high, to actually making it happen.

And once you make a routine out of it, its hard to not slip up because you know how easy it would be to go get it again. And we all have our reasons for using drugs but at least personally, I dont usually replace bad habits with good ones I just replace them with not as bad habits. But since theyre still bad habits, I just wind up saying fuck it, I might as well get the BADDEST habit because whats really changed here?

It is possible to use heroin recreationally you just cant let it become your only form of recreation. But odds are, if you are drawn to abusing opiates in general, you are ok with not actually doing much while the "recreation" takes place. You could get an eight ball of coke to yourself but if you dont do anything on it then whats the fucking point? You get high enough on heroin, and YOURE AT the fucking point. You could say, the batteries ARE INCLUDED.

I'm honestly a little on the fence with this one. My DOC was oxy for 4 years, and I started doing dope in west leb, nh. Probably the most expensive place to cop, ever. Blues were getting too expensive. I think the thing is, for me, that I never shot up. I kept my addiction to sniffing. Don't get he wrong, it turned my 400mg/ day oxy habit into binges where I'd go through 3 or more buns a day. Heroin was what ruined my life, but it also saved me in a way - it forced me to realize that I couldn't go on this way anymore. After going through inpatient rehab and searching for 3 months for a suboxone dr, I am finally on bupe. But all in all, I had some great times with h and some really sh*tty ones... But that's the nature of the dope game I guess.

I just want to say, as a deaf person I'm so grateful that was all in text. I almost didn't watch it because I don't even bother with web movies because they're almost never captioned.

I got out but it was the hardest thing I've ever done and it still enters my mind every day in some way shape or form. Not always as a full blown craving, but just enough to remind me that it's still there, it never will leave, and you can learn to live with it and ignore it and have a good life without it. But as a heroin addict, the odds are stacked against you. Just pass this one up, it won't miss Ya.

It really depends on your personality type if you will get addicted to heroin IMO.

Yea... but for the most part people willing and excited to try heroin have the personality type that is usually associate with impulse control and addiction issues. People who activley seek heroin simply for the experience and then never do it again are few and far between. These people are so rare that people coming on BL looking to get H advice will see posts about "not everyone gets fucked over by heroin" as confirmation of their desire to try it instead of reading all the other threads. That is why the people who disagree with the point of this thread are so dangerous. Confirmation bias is very powerful, it only takes 1 or 2 posts saying that try heroin is no big deal for someone to say "fuck it, this guy was able to control his urges, I will be able to as well."

Yes, even when you don't do it anymore you have an almost romantic obsession with it. It never truly goes away even if it has physically.
AAAAANNNNDDDD Let's all not forget about the very high chance of catching diseases like Hep C which is over flooding the heroin "community".

People always love to say how they never share and how careful they are. Just assume that most of them are probably lying. Or maybe they're not and they've admitted to "just once" using a very close friend's (who's of course clean and also doesn't lie) needle but it was fine because they bleached it. Hep C is a very powerful lil monster. It survives long outside of the body and there hasn't been conclusive proof that bleach kills the virus.

Plus people are so stoned there is always a chance they used a needle they thought was theres or sharing spoons and accidental pokes.
And of course HIV. Let's not forget her, either.

Anyways just one more reason to not give heroin a go.
And if you still aren't deterred then please be safe. Make sure you take precautions, clean needles, go to the injection thread ect.

Best of luck and love <3

If you do end up trying it, just make it a rule, never ever even an option, do not share any equipment. I have never shared anything at all with anyone, but then again,I dont use it socially or EVER with anyone else. For me it is just like taking medication to keep me well and not something "fun" that I do. It may have been nice and fun at one time, for a very short time, but now it is only medicine, to keep me from being the sickest I have ever felt. Not a damn thing fun about it now. For those who have no negative experiences with it, well, you just havent given it enought time...if you keep using it, eventually you will get there...I promise.

Last edited:
NO! I did it for a bit last year liked it didn't love it prefer oxy but I'm unusual .

I also prefer oxycodone to heroin at this point. TBH they're just like indica/sativa to me; the same drug, but two ends of the small spectrum of effects.

However IV is a different story.

Last edited:
Yea... but for the most part people willing and excited to try heroin have the personality type that is usually associate with impulse control and addiction issues. People who activley seek heroin simply for the experience and then never do it again are few and far between. These people are so rare that people coming on BL looking to get H advice will see posts about "not everyone gets fucked over by heroin" as confirmation of their desire to try it instead of reading all the other threads. That is why the people who disagree with the point of this thread are so dangerous. Confirmation bias is very powerful, it only takes 1 or 2 posts saying that try heroin is no big deal for someone to say "fuck it, this guy was able to control his urges, I will be able to as well."

Well then are they really looking for an answer or just a confirmation of what they already want to believe? I'm all for HR but let's be honest, you can't save everyone. If someone thinks they can be a few steps ahead of dope addiction and goes ahead and tries it, let them find out the hard way. You learn the best through failure.

I'm still quite addicted to heroin, although I only use it two times a week at this point because that's all the money I can allocate to getting high at this point in time. I would like to be able to get high more often, I just cant because then I wouldnt be able to have such a staunch defense for my habit. Is that me having control over heroin? Not at all. I just have a stronger desire to not be a hypocrite to my family. So I'm not two steps ahead of dope, I'm just constantly catching up to it in a never-ending juggling act. Whether that is something to be proud of or ashamed of depends on who you ask but im not really either one of those two, more like somewhere in the middle.

I'm ashamed when I see something I would like to purchase but cant because I spent it on bags. But sometimes I'm actually a little proud when im sitting on my couch fucked up, bills paid, house in good shape, basically all my shit handled for the day, and I can just relax. That I don't feel bad about. I just traded a lot of things I could have done to get high, and that may sound negative in text and out of context but at the same time I could have died at childbirth due to health issues so everything after that is just gravy to me. I'm a glass is half full kind of person believe it or not, I just also understand why some may see it as half empty

so I mean, if you feel like you can outwit Lady Heroin, by all means give it a shot (pun intended). Just dont be surprised if you fall flat on your face or settle for mediocrity like I am currently doing

HELL NO, I had a good friend just overdose, for most people that's ordinary but in my town in my section no one does heroin and it was shocking, everyone just smokes a little weed drinks or pop pills acid shrooms just the normal non harmful recreational drugs, it will ruin ur life by just "trying it 1 time"

If you have any sort of addictive personality and you try heroin, chances are you're screwed.

I first snorted heroin back around '93/94 when I was 16...and yeah, it made me sick and I swore I'd never do it again. Four years later I ended up doing it again. I liked it after that, and within two months I was shooting it. At first I did it every other day for awhile, but within 6 months, I was doing it full time...

I do know a few people who tried it and didn't like it, or who didn't get hooked right away. I guess its possible to use a few times without becoming addicted, but that applies to everything. However, out of everyone I know that was regularly partying with other drugs before they used heroin, almost all of them are still struggling with it now in one way or another.

There's not a lot of people that end up trying heroin that don't have a fairly long history of using other drugs. It just doesn't usually work that way. If you don't have an opiate tolerance to begin with, any amount of heroin is dangerous...you should experiment with other opiates if you absolutely have to....

If you already use any other mind altering substance to excess, and are thinking about scratching heroin off the list of drugs you've done, chances are you'll like it a lot! If you like it, and you live in a place that its available, chances are you'll keep doing it...

It sneaks up on you.….You may have a few months where 10-20 worth of H will keep you high all day....but tolerance to heroin escalates very quickly, quicker than almost anything else. Within a few months it may take several times the amount to get where you wanna be, and if you were using pills? It will ruin your tolerance to pills to the point that its not even worth it!

Finally, you may wake up one day after doing H the night before and find yourself feeling achey, irritable and craving more....this is really the beginning of the end. You try drinking, but it just doesn't scratch the itch, you try smoking some weed but it doesn't quite do it for you....So, you decide to grab a $50 bag of H again. You make that last 3 days and plan on stopping after that.....but again, you wake up feeling even more achey and irritable, with a runny nose this time.

Once you have a "chip" with heroin, its only a matter of time. Its funny, because when people are at that stage is when they try to convince everyone and themselves that they're not gonna get hooked...I just smile and nod, and I used to try to talk them out of it, but that's the point of no return....and it happens a lot quicker than you can see it coming! One day, you think you're in complete control, a few days later you're buying dope just to feel normal....

The problem with heroin my friend is that it's a dragon that can be hard to tame once unleashed.. Coming from experience. Trying dope is really a decision that should only be made by the user

Trying dope is really a decision that should only be made by the user

Well in the end, that's what it always comes down to. No matter what advice or pressure is put on you to try or not try dope, you're the one who makes the final decision whether to put it up your nose, or in your arm, or whatever it is.

bad idea

best case scenario: u love it, get strung out, spend all of your money, lose your friends, lose your job or drop out of school, do illegal shit to support your habit, get arrested, go to prison, or OD and die, or get stuck in a methadone clinic and have no life but that horrid ball and chain every day, go back to dope because u r seeing dope fiends at the clinic everyday who r looking to cop or trying to sell, then OD and die - or kick and experience hell on earth

worst case scenario: u puke and hate it

or is it the other way around? have i missed something?

I'm sorry this is so long but it's almost like I have to get this off my chest and tell those out there what their dealing with when it comes to heroin use.

Heroin has definitely been by far the most destructive drug addiction I've ever encountered. I just like many people believed that I wouldn't become a heroin junkie but alas I've become another statistic... Here are some of my thoughts to those that are thinking about trying heroin for the first time and my reason's for why you should or shouldn't.

First, heroin is in a league of it's own when it comes to how addictive it is. The time's I've tried meth or coke or various uppers I've experienced a severe crash after heavy use that was a strong deterrent to continue using. I know for some this is the biggest reason to keep going, to try and avoid the feining crash, but heroin and opiates for that matter don't have this crash (at first). It instead gives you the impression that everything is still going on fine and that you're able to keep using without getting sick for who knows how long.

Unfortunately though the symptoms of withdrawal will catch up to you, and when they do and you're in full force withdrawal, nothing I say will prepare someone for the agony that is opiate withdrawal... I suffer chronic low back pain from a surgery I had when I was 15 to my 5th lumbar and sacrum. I have been on as much as 5 100mg MSContin's, 6 10/325 percosets, 4 5mg valium, baclofen, and ambien a day along with a slew of other not so addictive drugs like lyrica and such...

When my doctor decided to drop me because of no insurance I was being scripted 60mg of methadone a day, 60mg of oxycodone a day and 20mg of valium a day. I felt like a lab rat. The withdrawal I started to feel about 6 days after I was refused my doctor visit was I hope to god the worst I will ever feel in my life, period. I could go into the effects but in short I felt as miserable as I could possibly imagine. The few time's I've tried explaining the feeling I've fallen so short that I've decided to not even try anymore, yes, it's that bad... Words don't really do it justice.

So you may be thinking that this is a pond you can dip your feet in and walk away after. Please trust me and all the other junkies out there that heroin is insidious, it is amazingly patient, and if you ever decide to give it a try please treat it like the disease it is... Withdrawal teaches a lot of those out there that think they could just dabble that this isn't some walk in the park, it's a run through a minefield... Withdrawal is the number one deterrent from wanting to really quit for most junkies and opiate addicts. Withdrawal is amazingly painful and amazingly destructive to the mind and body. This is why they have methadone and subboxone, because the withdrawal alone will drive most junkies to do horrible shit for their fix. My fix turned into just being able to feel normal.

The thing about heroin that makes it in the league of it's own like I was saying is because the purity is so high, the drug get's you so much further for so much cheaper that it truly is to much of a good thing no matter how you partake. It's insidious and patient and destructive. So with H, you have either black tar or chunky brown, I haven't seen some of the easily sniffable powder in a long time, now if you want H it's always in a ready to be prepped to shoot form. This is obviously by design, you're "supposed to shoot up" because that's what the dealers want. And using the needle is diving into the mindfield, you're garenteed to fuck up. The "rush" they talk about from shooting, in my mind it's all you endorphin receptors and opiate receptors etc, saying "FUCKIN' A! TOOO MUCCHH!!!" but to our rat like minds it feels like "JUSSSTT RRRIIIGGGHTTT". It's not. Do yourself a huge favor if you're thinking of shooting up dope to talk to other addicts and see what they think, see what they recommend. If 9/10 say please don't do it, then what are you trying to prove to yourself if you do anyways?

It's like everyone is jumping off the cliff and you want to give it a jump too beacuse you'll just jump once. If this post get's one person to give an honest thought to not doing heroin then I'm happy I could be of such a service, because this drug is unlike all the others. It's the slowest killer there is. I've gotten the heroin shock just like most other junkies. Because there comes a day that if you dabble with this shit that you ge burnt, you step on the mine, the calm and collected H beats you down with the all powerful withdrawal. Oh the drawal's, the painful unrelenting drawal's... I've always been amazed at how little people talk about the withdrawal because to me, it's something that is almost life affirming to get to the other side of. It's amazingly exhilaratingly painful to endure and after the physical you get PAWS, trust me when I say this drug is an evil slow killer. It's like the Saving Private Ryan heart stab, slowly telling you to calm down and shut up and ENDURE.

Really though, why don't people talk more about the torture of withdrawal? I've always been shocked at how little credit people give to this amazing torture. I've been mind fucked so many times over at how soul crushing heroin withdrawal is. It will blow your mind trust me... Crack and meth take your mind, heroin takes your soul. I don't think I've ever met someone that's said "it was a bitch but I got through it ok..." No, it's the big leagues of torture. Please please please, DON'T EVEN TRY THIS SHIT!!! It's definitely got a very evil and persistent infliction that it loves to slowly suffocate for those that "dabble". It's just not worth it, please don't do it, thanks for reading.