• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

linking heroin to creativity wasn't exactly a huge stretch; there have been many talented people who have been opiate/general drug addicts.

That's the cliché and the myth. The creativity was always there in those people. Heroin is what stifles it, what makes you loose your passion, and consumes all your time.

It doesn't make you write better songs, or paint better, or write better. All it does is make you a dope fiend. Read any interviews with recovering addicts like Slash, Scott Weiland, etc, and they'll tell you the same thing. I'm sure Cobain and Staley would say the same thing if they were alive.

A lot of people start using dope, because they have this glamours image in their mind that it'll make them "deeper" and more "creative". It's a big reason why I started. I was young and all my idols did it.. I was a budding musician and artist at the time.

Truth, is every opportunity I got in the music or art world, heroin ruined. Too strung out to practice, make it through recording sessions, write new material, make it through a gig etc. I know a lot of musicians and artists who were strung out and it wasn't until they were clean, that they actually got serious and successful with their passion.

Heroin is not a tool for creativity. It is its destruction. The idea that it's going to help you with anything artistic is a young and naive notion, that is later blatantly disproven after you've actually become a heroin addict.

thank you for starting this thread. i don't have a personal story of heroin addiction, but i've battled a pill dependence that turned into an addiction for years. bluelight was a site i found one day while looking up drug interactions, but it is the number one reason i have never tried heroin. i'm sure it'd be cheaper (at first) but not only am i terrified of needles (closer to a phobia, probably), i have been 100% convinced by the stories of bl heroin users that it is not something i want to even dabble in.

**note: please don't read this as though i think i'm better than anyone else because i pick up pills instead of a needle. addiction is addiction, plain & simple.

^^

Hah, sorry about that. I automatically assume everyone on BL is a dude. Totally sexist of me I know.. haha.

^^^

If you think H is going to make you more creative or productive, you're kidding yourself. It does the exact opposite.

I was just thinking the same exact thing..you do realize most people feel about 30 seconds of a rush with heroin and then after that most people are just nodding/sleeping...you will get very little accomplished on H (though not always true, true a good bit of the time for most people). You will be lucky if you can be creative enough to figure out how to get your crashed ass up off of the bathroom floor by yourself!

I was just thinking the same exact thing..you do realize most people feel about 30 seconds of a rush with heroin and then after that most people are just nodding/sleeping...you will get very little accomplished on H (though not always true, true a good bit of the time for most people). You will be lucky if you can be creative enough to figure out how to get your crashed ass up off of the bathroom floor by yourself!

I get energetic from it but my 'creativity' isn't the norm and most people would probably think the stuff I'm coming up with is crazy rather than creative.

^ yea. The thread would still have been valid if the first page only said:

NO

^ yea. The thread would still have been valid if the first page only said:

NO

Well we all saw how well the 'Just Say No' campaign worked, right? :|

This is a harm reduction forum, so allowing more information to allow people to weigh out their decisions is part of how it works.

I'm all for trying most drugs once or twice...but not heroin.

I'd always been curious about it and wanted to try it. But even things as weak as vicodin make me nauseous and I can't stand being nauseous so I figured H wasn't a good idea. Besides, I had never been offered it and didn't have a source for it.

Well in an apartment complex where I used to live, I met this heroin addict. She was a very nice person...just couldn't kick her addiction. She offered to let me try it but I was nervous about it so I didn't. Later on, she had someone over and they'd never tried H. She offered to shoot them up (first mistake) and they let her. She gave them too much, overdosed, they died. I can't imagine how she felt for doing this and I know she was in a lot of legal trouble afterwards. She moved out of the apartment complex and we didn't really talk anymore. A little while later, I heard that she had overdosed. Whether it was intentional because of the guilt of killing that guy or if it was accidental, I don't know. But either way it made me decide with 99% certainty that I will never try H.

I've never had anything stronger than vicodin. Then I was in the ER and got morphine in my IV. It was amazing, and they gave me zofran for nausea so I didn't have to worry about that. I could see myself easily getting addicted to morphine if I had nausea meds also. So I don't think heroin is a good idea.

What's crazy is that even though I've gotten over my opiate addiction - for the most part - I fantasize about heroin every day even though my DOC was oxy...

good post mr scag.

I was about to post this response somewhat justifying my usage but thats it, my USAGE of it, not my ADDICTION to it

and one usually leads to the other, or you never get a chance to become addicted to it...

What's crazy is that even though I've gotten over my opiate addiction - for the most part - I fantasize about heroin every day even though my DOC was oxy...

Yes, even when you don't do it anymore you have an almost romantic obsession with it. It never truly goes away even if it has physically.

AAAAANNNNDDDD Let's all not forget about the very high chance of catching diseases like Hep C which is over flooding the heroin "community".

People always love to say how they never share and how careful they are. Just assume that most of them are probably lying. Or maybe they're not and they've admitted to "just once" using a very close friend's (who's of course clean and also doesn't lie) needle but it was fine because they bleached it. Hep C is a very powerful lil monster. It survives long outside of the body and there hasn't been conclusive proof that bleach kills the virus.

Plus people are so stoned there is always a chance they used a needle they thought was theres or sharing spoons and accidental pokes.
And of course HIV. Let's not forget her, either.

Anyways just one more reason to not give heroin a go.
And if you still aren't deterred then please be safe. Make sure you take precautions, clean needles, go to the injection thread ect.

Best of luck and love <3

At the end of the day people do what they want. So there will always be people trying heroin.

For those thinking of trying heroin. I can't stress emphatically enough that heroin addiction is hell. I have been addicted to it and methadone for 12yrs. In those twelve years everyone I knew is either in jail for robbery, breaking and entering or dead. I now have 16 close friends who have died, including a girlfriend next to me in bed. I can never escape the mental picture of a girl that I cared for deeply lying in the bed blue with blood and puke coming out of her nose and mouth. Then that black bag being zipped up forever. Does this sound glamorous? It's the soul crushing reality of heroin.