An Explanation of RAving

all this talk bout PLUR and lack of SMACK makes shadow go CRAZY...
don't mind if i doooooooo!!!
now for all u hardkooooore ravaaaahz out there, enjoy reading this....
(plz excuse the long-ness!)
You might be a JADED raver if...
-You snicker when you hear someone say "PLUR".
-You finally realized that phat pants are heavy and unpractical.
-You refrain from dancing unless the circle is of rather large dimensions.
-When you do dance, you "battle".
-You learn to spin, and therefore have graduated to the "superior rave status".
-You find out just how crooked promoters really are.
-You hate massives.
-You blame candy kids for everything retarded in the scene.
-You say "the scene" a lot.
-You find out how much better european electronic music really is.
-You find out that glow sticks were cool TEN years ago in the UK.
-You have pretended to be rolling at a party just to get a quick laugh out of your friends.
-When you ARE on E, you do your best to act normal.
-You realize how cool Drum n' Bass is.
-You realize how lame progressive trance is.
-You find out that American DJ's are completely overrated.
-You have close friends who don't give a f--- about raving.
-You think that maybe YOU don't really give a f--- either.
-The smell of Vicks makes you physically sick.
-You can't help but laugh when someone tries to give you a "glow stick show".
-You learn to break.
-If you want to actually "roll," you have to eat about four pills at once.
-You can get those four pills for the same price that everyone else pays for one.
-You drink beer at after parties.
-You quit collecting fliers.
-You have unsubscribed from your rave mailing list, because "none of those f---ing little kids understand a thing about raving, dammit!"
-You can't remember the last time you went to a party and didn't think it sucked
-You can't remember much in general.
-You realize that ravers aren't nearly as genuine as the hippies
-You wouldn't mind if that kid with the whistle accidentally swallowed it and died
-You are actually called by your real name.
-You realize that the general public shoudln't be blamed for hating raves.
-You think ECKO is the sickest gear money can buy.
-You talk s--- as much as possible.
-You value things in terms of vinyl, (ex: "that's an eight record pair of pants.")
-You DESPISE Happy Hardcore.
-You DESPISE candy.
You have seen a thirteen year old "raver" on ecstasy and felt like leaving the party because of it.
-You know what a 303 is.
-You no longer feel the need to advertise your "rave-ness" to theworld.
-You realize shell toes are shitty shoes.
-You can't count how many pairs you have owned.
-You know that post-rave sex is aweful.
-You've punked kids who tried to get in a circle that was outta their league.
-You can determine where a raver is from just by the way they dance.
-You know that Sydney ravers can't dance worth a shit.
-You find out that underground parties still happen quite frequently, despite what 98% of the raving populous thinks.
-You party sober and now understand how stupid you looked when you didn't.
-You know who PRODUCED your favorite tracks, not just which Djbought it and put it on a mix CD.
-You read URB.
-You have day-dreams that involve the Telletubies and a large rusty chainsaw.
-Your parents gave up on you becoming normal a long, long time ago.
-You know why GHB and special K are for f---ing idiots.
-You understand electro and minimal techno now.
-You hate rave ho's.
-You could out-dance any boy band, any day, while smoking a cigarette.
-You begin to notice how often big DJ's blow mixes.
-You think sweaty guys who run around the party shirtless should get thrown out.
-You act like a punk-ass bitch to security, police, and any other authority.
-You purposely wear way too much clothing to parties, because you know that dancing in a turtleneck sweater looks f---ing ill.
-You say "ill" a lot.
-You have replaced Caffiene, JNCO, and Adidas with Technic, Vestax, and JBL.
-You know that raving is all about the music, but RAVERS are not.
-You find the jungle room much more appealing now.
-You can actually dance to jungle.
-You hate Feelgood and Coolworld.
-You laugh out loud when you walk into Jamba Juice and they're playing dance music.
-You see guys from your high school football team at a party.
-You know raving is mainstream as f---.
-The bigger the flier, the less you want to go to the party.
-You can re-tell the story of how raving came to America quite accurately.
-You hate Anthem tracks.
-Your sleeping, and eating habits are completely f---ed up.
-You sit around with friends and tell old "rave disaster" stories.
-You are amazed that you are somehow still alive
peace out yo all!
------------------
...and that's why i fly on my own now! No one to impress, depress, out best or digest.
[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited 08 June 2001).]

A better explanation? How about the idea that you are buying into this silly constructed pseudoreligion that makes a bunch off bizzare assumptions so that you can justify to yourself the virtue in taking lots of drugs because they are 'sent from the gods.' This probably stems from the fact that you cant face up to the hard reality that raves are soley hedonistic, escapist fun. Honestly why does religion have to fuck up everything? Just enjoy life without having some divine mission.
smile.gif

------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

I ask for the highest absolute peace and truth with this discussion.
This is all perfectly the way its meant to be .
smile.gif

All your responses are perfect.
There is no wrong answer.
responses
Pekkie, are you sure you have heard this version?
MikeySammy ,do you like being sarcastic and horrible,is that what makes your heart sing?;Interesting.
Candy I'm not on drugs ,just reality.
to find out more on fairies check out the website part that speaks on this http://www.alloya.de/fairies.html
Haste , the bits you don't like in me are the bits you don't like in yourself.
Thoth,
re "How about the idea that you are buying
I'm not purchasing
into this silly
your word
constructed
your word
pseudo
I take it as meaning false,your word;why false , if its real how is it false,do you have a higher truth?
religion
that makes a bunch
your word
off
(sp)of
bizzare
your word(YW)
assumptions
(YW)
so that you
how do you know this
can justify to yourself the virtue in taking lots of drugs
this isn't an excuse for taking drugs
because they are 'sent from the gods.
Everything is God
' This probably
But you don't KNOW, I've not even completely met you!So a grand assumption.
stems from the fact that you cant face up to
I can face ANYTHING
the hard reality that raves are soley hedonistic, escapist fun.
I am a hedonist!
Honestly
indeed
why does religion
your word
have to fuck
why swear?
up everything?
Why lie?You know yourself that it does not fuck up everything ,Please don't dump your drugophobia or your religionophobia on me.
btw Thoth I love your nickname and your signature ;"way cool";however please live up to the greatness of who THOTH is.
This is EXTREMELY Very PRO hedonistic.
You might be a jaded or a non jaded raver when you don't lose hope and keep on getting more hardcore but are really beyond competition and become a nicer person and you embrace your shadow and dance better everyday.
I've been raving for 15(FIFTEEN) years so I do know quite a bit about it! ,and I hope that you would think that I did too!
However
cos all is 1 there ultimately is no struggle to be overly concerned about
The bits we like in others are the bits we like in ourselves and conversely the bits we don't like in others are the bits we don't like in ourselves.
If you have a greater truth then please expound it!
There is no religion higher than truth-theosophy
Its all good
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Oceanboy (edited 08 June 2001).]

Can I coin a new word too?
smile.gif

cynicaphobia n. 1. the fear of people that hold negative views for fear they might be right. 2. blindingly ignorant optimism

hah! i'm just gonna scratch my name onto this one... has the makings of a true classic
biggrin.gif

even though i dont fully understand or agree with Oceanboy's post, its good to see someone sticking up for wat he believes in.
smile.gif

somethin to think about :
"In point of fact I believe that a large part of the mythological view of the world, which extends a long way into the most modern religions, is nothing but psychology projected into the external world. The obscure recognition... of psychical factors and relations in the unconscious is mirrored - it is difficult to express it in other terms, and here the analogy with paranoia must come to our aid - in the construction of a supernatural reality, which is destined to be changed back once more by science into the psychology of the unconscious. One could venture to explain in this way the myths of paradise and the fall of man, of God, of good and evil, of immortality, and so on, and to transform metaphysics into metapsychology."
The Psychopathology of Everyday Life - Sigmund Freud (1901)
PLUR Eternal
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MíkeySåmmy (edited 09 June 2001).]

This is rapidly becoming a sad little flamewar. Did somebody say bandwidth? Ok, my discussion ends with this post.
Oceanboy, I respect the freedom in which you profess your views, but that does not mean I don't see them as being a load of hokey crap.
if its real how is it false,do you have a higher truth?
This statement implies a number of things, none of which acually justify your veiws i'm afraid. Firstly 'If it is real how is it false' is a meaningless contradiction... How about displaying a little evidence to suggest the existance of what you believe? So far I have seen only seen unsubstantiated fantasy on that site you referred. Where did all this origionate? Theories are primarily viewed as false until they can be shown to have some factual basis. I don't see any.
Then 'do you have a higher truth?' Well, no matter what I believe, it fails to make your beliefs more valid... I don't think thats the way things work. This 'higher truth' seems more of a self constructed placebo for allaying fears of our own mortality and insignificant place in the universe.
You really like raving yeah? Cool. Although I think you have fallen for histories oldest trap. Inventing a belief structure that validates all your own views and justifies in a divine manner the wisdom in wearing wonky wear and dancing with glowsitcks. Hey, look at the scientologists, they don't question the wisdom in their acts, they just rely on 'faith' while they slowly get screwed. This whole having to invent some sort of religious 'belief' around which to structure your life disturbs me. Can't you trust your own sense of morality and self worth enoungh not to rely on 'PLUR' to dictate how you behave?
If you have a greater truth then please expound it!
There is no religion higher than truth-theosophy
Its all good
Greater truth? There is no 'truth.' Get over it... There will only ever exist questions, infinite complexity and mystery. Quit trying to rationalise the meaning behind all that happens in the universe... It is beyond our understanding, you will inevitably only come up with a simplisic self oriented explanation like yours. That is not 'ruth'it s merely speculation, posessing weak reasoning at that. Don't go claiming that there is no higher religion than yours ether. That sort of statement only encourages division and dissagreement. It's not 'all good.' Bad things happen every day, we need them to put the good things into perspective.
Stay happy Oceanboy, although I fear you only find bliss in ignorance. Lets agree to dissagree.
/rant off.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

*DQ laffs and walks away wondering what will have happened to HIS brain after 15 years of raving...*
wink.gif

chaos. :O
DQ.

man that is some wacked out shit, and definately sounds like something L. Ron Hubbard could have said, Oceanboy you really do need help, and take some time off the drugs.

oh Oceanboy...
thanks for letting us all feal comfortable in the fact,we are all sane!your a nutter champ!
and go easy with the fairies man.ill be thinking about them in a diffrent light now.
you did a lot of mushy picking lately hey?

Oceanboy what I meant was that PLUR has been mentioned 1001 times on this board, and after the last few times I thought that this subject wouldn't have been brought up again.
Call me jaded or whatever, but I never have and probably never will believe in PLUR, and there's obviously quite a few people here that don't either so it is expected that there will be a few smartass comments on this thread about it!!!!!!
This is a topic that people are always going to disagree about and as much as I'd like to pretend that we live in a happy and wonderful little world, the sad truth is that we don't and yes there will always be some asshole out there who will try to break you/someone else in some sort of way. It's called survival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Light shines forth Eternal from wherever it comes from for all to see
It IS all good,
smile.gif

I am not wanting this to be a flame war but a healthy discussion on the nature of existence.
That is why I am asking extra for all of us to plase come from our heart.If you don't have anything nice to say then please try and stop yourself from saying it as it may make this harder to process than need be.
It is interesting to note that tibetan monks during their training spend several hours each day peacefully "debating" the nature of existence.Please let us see ourselves as similar.
responses
Pekkie
I am an eternal advocate for PLUR
it seems sad that an aspect of you has lost faith in some beautiful basic blueprints of creation namely
Peace
Love
Respect
Unity
Please explain how these can't work for you;I am sure Love is the answer to every question.
Mikey Sammy
It seems obvious to me that although you posted a good and valid quote from an important and great NB>materialistic man who I deeply respect and honour for his place in the scheme of things;Sigmund Freud,you continue to be sarcastic and for want of a better a term unnerving. I ask that you deist from being a bad person and turn to the light and goodness of your own heart, it will only do you good.
Luro ;Tree Huggin Hippy Crap ?
Sounds like "Duh, I don't understand that , so i shall abuse it and put it in the too hard basket".Is this what you meant?
I respect your opinion however I find your statement quite rude, archetypical (that's fine) and ignorant.
1st of all please explain your great wisdom on each of these three factors in your statement.
1. Tree huggin;
Sure it is Tree huggin, its even tree becoming and realising.If it weren't for trees you wouldn't breathe,would you rather not breathe luro? I think not, so I assume therefore that you do love trees because you must breathe and so there fore it is merely that you have subscribed to some illusionist negative theory about trees, For the sake of us all , please give it up. Please explain your treehugophobia.
2.hippy
I don't smoke marijuana, I don't have very long hair.Yet I am and I am not hippy.I am more Zippy.Please explain your great wisdom in following hippyphobia.
3.crap
Is there a better explanation of your wisdom than shit?
Peace
Would you rather us play video games ?
Thoth , I greatly respect your name.I thought you had more wisdom manifest but for you yourself to sum up your opinion as "a load of hokey crap ", surely denies your own wisdom and respect to shine forth.
quote:
if its real how is it false,do you have a higher truth?
T:This statement implies a number of things, none of which acually justify your veiws i'm afraid.
O:No need to be afraid is there?
T:Firstly 'If it is real how is it false' is a meaningless contradiction...
I suggest you go back to the post and read it slightly more closely.
T:How about displaying a little evidence to suggest the existance of what you believe?
Sure, www.spiritweb.org
should give you some evidence(3000+ pages)
T:This whole having to invent
O:I am not inventing it dear Thoth
T:some sort of religious 'belief' around which to structure your life disturbs me.
I have heart for this however please do not feel that you need to be disturbed by my beleif structure.
Can't you trust your own sense of morality and self worth enoungh not to rely on 'PLUR'
O:I can and do trust my morality and Self Worth which is
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
Eternally and there it shall remain.
to dictate how you behave?
It is not about dictating or dictateophobia;my PLUR behaviour is a beautiful natural Blueprint of creation which I love respect and honour and which feels awesome! I just thought of a fun Advertisement for Raving
"Try PLUR today, I/we think you'll like it!"
Interesting and good and valid statements Thoth (as all are).I value your clear opinion.
T: Greater truth? There is no 'truth.'
O:Why not?, Please explain
T: Get over it...
This sounds rudish and like a command.Please deist from such and be nicer.
I have gotten over everything.Its all OK because I choose to breathe and feel my emotions.
Now your next bit I find very profound:
T: There will only ever exist questions, infinite complexity and mystery. Quit trying to rationalise the meaning behind all that happens in the universe... It is beyond our understanding,
O:because I have a Copy of a channelling from the real & great egyptian being,Thoth where he states:
Humanity will never know every Intricacy & so will never be Satisfied. You constantly slow your Ascension process by wanting to evalute everything with your analytical mind"Thoth
A bit of a fun coincidence.
smile.gif

If you don't like this then I suggest you treat it as one big Fairy Story because that's what it is .
smile.gif

Let's try not to take things personally,but stay positive and nice in our outlook.
I release the need to struggle as I am choosing peace within and out.
I do not FEEL I have made any mistakes,however,If I have made any mistakes, then, I do apologise , as it was not my intention to make a mistake but to bring you joy.
Let it be said and well heard;
My way is NOT the only way.
What is Theosophy, by Madame Blavatsky;
Theosophy and The Theosophical Society
The Meaning of the Name
Q. Theosophy and its doctrines are often referred to as a newfangled religion. Is it a religion?
A. It is not. Theosophy is Divine Knowledge or Science.
Q. What is the real meaning of the term?
A. "Divine Wisdom," (Theosophia) or Wisdom of the gods, as (theogonia), genealogy of the gods. The word 'theos' means a god in Greek, one of the divine beings, certainly not "God" in the sense attached in our day to the term. Therefore, it is not "Wisdom of God," as translated by some, but Divine Wisdom such as that possessed by the gods. The term is many thousand years old.
Q. What is the origin of the name?
A. It comes to us from the Alexandrian philosophers, called lovers of truth, Philaletheians, from (phil) "loving," and (aletheia) "truth." The name Theosophy dates from the third century of our era, and began with Ammonius Saccas and his disciples, also called Analogeticists, who started the Eclectic Theosophical system.
As explained by Professor Wilder, they were called so because of their practice of interpreting all sacred legends and narratives, myths and mysteries, by a rule or principle of analogy and correspondence: so that events which were related as having occurred in the external world were regarded as expressing operations and experiences of the human soul. They were also denominated Neo-Platonists. Though Theosophy, or the Eclectic Theosophical system, is generally attributed to the third century, yet, if Diogenes Laërtius is to be credited, its origin is much earlier, as he attributed the system to an Egyptian priest, Pot-Amun, who lived in the early days of the Ptolemaic dynasty. The same author tells us that the name is Coptic, and signifies one consecrated to Amun, the God of Wisdom. Theosophy is the equivalent of Brahma-Vidya , divine knowledge.
Q. What was the object of this system?
A. First of all to inculcate certain great moral truths upon its disciples, and all those who were "lovers of the truth." Hence the motto adopted by the Theosophical Society: "There is no religion higher than truth."
Eclectic Theosophy was divided under three heads:
1. Belief in one absolute, incomprehensible and supreme Deity, or infinite essence, which is the root of all nature, and of all that is, visible and invisible.
2. Belief in man's eternal immortal nature, because, being a radiation of the Universal Soul, it is of an identical essence with it.
3. Theurgy, or "divine work," or producing a work of gods; from theoi, "gods," and ergein, "to work."
M Blavatsky.
I suggest and ask that you read the online book from the same author as the Raving script; on
http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/one-star.html
and http://www.alloya.de/b.coverpage.html http://www.alloya.de/book_download.htm http://www.alloya.de
If you read this book and site you perhaps understand where I am coming from a bit more ,in fact it would be best if you didn't post until you read it so that an honest appraisal mnay be made.
We are talking about the nature of existence which by its nature is very vast,ie basically unlimited in its explanation and I don't want you to think that my version is better than yours;its all good.
Please accept this as one version of reality/opinion , although we know you don't have to;it is as you know, free will here.Perhaps you may subscribe to it ,perhaps you may not ,its all good.
Lets get to the truth (if we need to)more and reside in more happiness!
Rave On Australia!(if you want to )
I ask for more Peace,
Oceanboy
Electronic Scientist & Broadcast Engineer
------------------
Healing onesself heals the universe
What you are looking for you already are
Peace and Preparation
"It seems to me that the world's religions are like siblings separated at birth. We've grown up in different neighborhoods, different households, with different songs and stories, traditions and customs. But now we've been reunited, and, having found each other after so many years apart, we look into each other's faces and can see the family resemblance. We're back together again, and it's very good." - Richard Watts
[This message has been edited by Oceanboy (edited 09 June 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Oceanboy (edited 09 June 2001).]

oceanboy. thank you so much for sharing your beliefs with us, and defending them to such an extent. i think it is nice that someone can believe so wholeheartedly in something and be so prepared to stand up for it (~~cough~~religiouswars~~cough~~). my only worry tho bro, is that your basing all your belief, and it seems a fair portion of your life, to something of which you only have a canonical reference to on the www. this is a bit of a fuckin worry dude.
now where's that blunt heavy object?
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

oceanboy,
this started out as a bit of a laugh to me but i'm afraid you've become a bit too disrespectful in my opinion. you speak of peace, love, unity and respect but so far have failed to practice what you preach. your opinions are riddled with contradiction and hypocrisy. perhaps if you tried presenting your case in a more logical and less condescending manner you'd actually gain a listening ear or two and even then that wouldn't mean that they'd have to believe you. you accuse others of sarcasm and rudeness but promptly return the favour. unfortunately, your ideas and arguments so far have been completely self-defeating.
that's all i'm going to say.