• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Combining Benzos with Opiates is a famously dangerous coctail. My pain mgmt Dr flat refused to prescribe those two, citing Heath Legers death from exactly that mixture.

Yeeah, I agree with th Red Shark. Nitrazepam is one of the few 'enjoyable' benzos I've tried, and will serve you well during a meth or other hard stim come down.. serve you a little too well, because once you've disocevered that you can have your 'meth' cake amd eat it too (with some nitrazepam or whatnot) then you'll feel like you've got a free pass to binge out every weekend with minimal (comparatively) side effects.

I always thought that the disocvery of benzos and stims are what have taken me to hell and.. well, not back yet. At leaast they gave me an express, behind the scenes pass, to how shit things can get if you are afflicted with some kind of relatively common mental illness (Off topic: I suspect we'll be phasing that term out and handing it back to the people who have REAL psychological issues, not just the 'normal' folk like myself who have been ground down by shitty circumstances; ie. would depression exist if the world was perfect? Yes, that would be the 'real' depression which is a time and space inviolate, always there for anyone who feels they are in need of misery/company).....

where was I?

Oh yeah, rambling about benzos and stims being an unholy union. Boy, are they great at being bad!

Benzos have been around since I was growing up due to my mother being a night duty nurse who required scripted meds to sleep in the daytime what with all the noise of suburbia blasting around you ( I grew up across the road from the Preston /Bell Street /Maccas/ housing projects area. Nice place... hahahahhaah!! And I was on the good side of the road! As a few others have said, There was something different about the temazepam "footballs" - as we called 'em which were I don't even know how many mg's per footy, they used to actually get you kind of high. If I'm correct, each football was 25mg or so of temaz, and when my poor mum brought them home, it'd be a rush to the cabinet because I had an alcohlic father who was suffering throughout my childhood, then there was me, little alco Jnr who wanted to up the ante and discovered that temaz footballs wen really nicely with whisky (which I got high school buddies to buy, cuz they actually could pass for 20, let alone 18, while I still looked about 12 yearrs old). This was when I was 15, BTW. Then I discovered my friend's mum had presciption for panadiene forte or wahtever the fuck they are called now 500mg paracetamol/ 30mg codeine and BOO- YAA!

I'd found my high school combo. I didn't know what a CWE was but I just took as directed - two tablets totalling 60mg codeine, 1g of paracetamol (puke), 40-something milligrams of 'ye olde formulae' temazepam, and a couple of long-necks of VB - (hey, I grew from little kid to moody, anxious teen in West Preston when it was still a rough neighbourhood, don't juudge my lack of taste in beer) and I'd be off - at least my brain cells would be.

I remember kids thought I was cool because I sometimes cracked a can of beer on tthe way to school to go with the cigarettes we were all smoking.

Know what the point of this rambling post is? I'm still using benzos, and opiates (not just codeine anymore, haha), still addicted to nicotine (though I use a vaporizer, or e-cigarette as they are clumsily called), and I'm still dealing with bouts of depression which leave me good for nothing - I mean, I cannot move, eat, sleep - and this all was worsened by taking all the proper steps via the state authorized medical system, where I discovered that people are people - regardless of how much authority they have, or what their status is, people are people - and let's hope we all meet some genuinely nice ones today, because let's face it - what hope have we got other than simple human kindness?

OK, I realise this is a ramble-shamble, and no, I've not slept properly for,,, oh... about six years or so, But my intentions are transparent: I want to see more simple kindness in the world.

benzos, stims, SSRI's, opiates... they all have their function and should be accessible to those who feel they need them. GPs, psychiatrists, and to a lesser extent, IMO, talking-therapy practitioners, have become twisted and it's sad day when a psychiatrist, who I had waited to see for a long time, turned out to be an alien for all the human empathy he displayed in our sessions. Yes, I'm still hung up about that dude - hey, at least I'm calling him "that idiot" anymore, right?

I actually did two and a bit years of online study with a view to becoming a Counsellor - a talking therapist, no drugs - but I couldn't do the practical part due to financial restrictions. At the time I was the sole earner in the house, and me and my mother, brother and girlfriend were living from month to month, quite literally.

So there you go, sun's coming up on another hot day in Melbourne, and I've just bashed out half of my life story because I couldn't sleep. Thing is, these days, I don't do anything embarrassing or stuff which is later regretful, I just do stuff. Maybe that signifies a closure of sorts, by which I mean I'm growing as a person - not gonna top myself, too many people who will go before I do (oops with the psycho talk again, but I can explain that, too - I simply mean to say that I'm very tired and blabbering away as if this is a private journal instead of a globally accessible site).

So, yeah, mods - you're doing a wonderful job as always. Feel free to move this post, or tell me where to shove it (in my blog vacuum, for instance!)

Peace to all,

Halif

Wow since when has a football not been a blue 1mg Xanax? I think you were to sticked out when you made this almost half a decade ago lol had to comment bout it

Wow since when has a football not been a blue 1mg Xanax? I think you were to sticked out when you made this almost half a decade ago lol had to comment bout it

I do not know about 'footballs' specifically but there was a classic temazepam product referred to in the UK as eggs (which I guess are football shaped depending on the type of sport), gel filled caplets that were discontinued due to the ease with which the contents could be injected.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder. My primary source of alprazolam at the moment is via an imported Serbian medicine called 'Ksalol' which I and other users refer to as being characterised as 1mg footballs (they are small, white and completely round) and, especially as I live in a country where alprazolam is hardly used (the NHS does not purchase the drug in any form, with Pfizer 'Xanax' only available on private Rx with no option for generics), there is no accepted standard product based on physical characteristics.

whats better for taking after a meth inspired funday? An anxiolytic like xanax or hypnotic like tamazepam? I know some will say both and thats what I do actually lol (cos I can't figure which is one is spose to be better) but in small doses just enough for me to nod.

Clonazepam I've always liked, with valium. Good mix..

Damn, NYCDOSE... where'd you pull that ol' comment from? The length and nature of that post suggests that I was 'on a run' when I wrote it. I don't actually remember writing it at all. I didn't know I had tried nitrazepam. Funny that.

I'm actually not sure what you mean, anyway. The only actual Xanax I've seen were white 2mg bars which could be split into three. Apparently there are all sorts of colours and shapes of alprazolam pills out there. And why not? Variety is the spice of life.

I very rarely get high like I used to back in the days when I wrote that comment, but coincidentally today is a bit of a party day. It's gloomy out, so I'll bring the good times in.

Blast from the past.... ;-)

Literally

But being serious now, that’s 2 different handles posting the quote, and above reply......

Hello. I was wondering what to do if I'm prescribed to Ativan, I take it according to my anxiety need, but it's never enough...I always run out early. Help! What can I do? Thanks

ZSevs-
Do not run out of Ativan if you take it daily!!!! Benzo withdrawl can cause a seizure and kill you. If your need is more than prescribed then you will have to find another way to cope with less stressful situations in order to save pills until you can get your Dr to increase your prescription. Or, as you know, you WILL be coping with more stressful situations with no pills at the end of every month.

The fact is that you become tolerant to any medication you take daily. So even if you got more it would likely then become not enough in a few months without some new coping skills. There are no over-the-counter medicines in the USA that can do what Ativan does(or stop withdrawals from it either). You can ask someone to hold your pills and only give you the pills for todays emergencies, but finding someone like that is hard. You can buy a time-lock pill dispenser that wont give you more than one days pills, but that might cost $250 or more.

Yoga, deep breathing, punching yourself in the face??? ANYTHING is better than running out of benzos. Most addicts agree that benzo withdrawl is worse than any other class of drug.

Seriously though, try this: Commit yourself to drinking a whole bottle or glass of water (12-16 ounces) before you take an Ativan for the next month. The act of drinking water will help calm your nerves. It will give you a full stomach which may provide a small bump in dopamine and seratonin. And the simple fact that you left a bad situation to go drink water may help to lessen your stress occasionally to where you decide not to use a pill after all.

You need 1000 valium to be fatal.. That's all I know.. Also clonazepam and methadone is lethal at high doses

I'm a big fan of intermittent benzo usage. As a former alcoholic who's currently on Suboxone for Heroin addiction, I'm considered high risk for abuse but I've never felt the urge to abuse them. I find them useful not recreational.

In order of preference, I've tried:
* Alprazolam (not prescribed)
* Lorazepam (currently prescribed)
* Temazepam (intermittently prescribed)
* Flunitrazepam (not prescribed)
* Etizolam (not prescribed)
* Oxazepam (formerly prescribed)
* Nitrazepam (formerly prescribed)
* Clonazepam (not prescribed)
* Diazepam (formerly and currently prescribed)

I generally get 150 Lorazepam 1mg, 25 Temazepam 10mg and 50 Diazepam 5mg per year. It's not much, but it lasts more than a year for me. I think it's alright since I'm also prescribed Suboxone by the same doctor. I usually buy 100 Xanax off the street as well.

I take them 2-3 times a week for a while in therapeutic doses, then stop for 2-4 weeks. Therefore, I end up stockpiling for the nuclear apocalypse.

How do people abuse them? Once or twice I've tried higher doses and all I do is sleep. I.e. my normal lorazepam dose is 1-2mg. I tried 4mg and slept for 12 hours. Not much of a party.

So how do you go about smoking Xanax? For harm reduction sake

just no.

Fillers and binders from tablets ain’t designed to be burnt and inhaled.

same goes for pure powder.

How do people abuse them? Once or twice I've tried higher doses and all I do is sleep. I.e. my normal lorazepam dose is 1-2mg. I tried 4mg and slept for 12 hours. Not much of a party.

these are a class of drug that should be used as a tool, to help certain people, in certain situations. Recreational use is boring, and addictive as all hell. And one shit class of drug to jump off after too much use.

A lot of people do sleep, u kinda have to find a sweet spot.
I'm on clonazepam, diazepam, oxazepam (which I STUPIDLY swapped nitrazepam for) & zopiclone, buying xanax occasionally off the street XX a bar

Last edited by a moderator:
Order amd order of use, xanax, diazepam and clonazepam, then mogadon and zopiclone

Recreational is fine, it's when they're taken every day that the magic disappears