MA Heroin V We Overdraft Our Shit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but you gotta admit that 95% of the consequences are due to its prohibition. Jus sayin but I'd bet my left nut that if it were legal the methadone clinics would lose 99% of their clients overnight. True medical heroin maintenance is no more harmful than aspirin.

Agreed, but over time even aspirin is detrimental. Dope slows down my thyroid and without doubt alters my mental acuity.

I really don't feel like heroin's affected me detrimentally besides the Hep C and all the damn tracks...When I'm on a good hit, I'm actually happy and I get into this mode of work like I'll do whatever job I have to no matter how strenuous. It's like I have superhuman strength...or if I'm at home I get into the cleaning the house mood and crank up the tunage while I sweep, mop, take out the trash...even dusting for chrissakes!! Methadone or subs just don't give me the same feelin'....it's only when I can't get dope or funds for dope that I feel like an old fart....back hurts, feel like I've been run over by a train...no motivation at all....I really wish they would implement a prescription heroin program like they've done in England. The powers -that-be here need to get their heads outta their asses and have an open mind while checking the stats over there as to the positive results a program like that has accomplished like a lower crime rate or whatever...

I recently read about the legal heroin program in the Netherlands. They found that it broke the cycle of older addicts turning others onto it to pay for their own addiction. This has led to a sharp drop of younger addicts being created. Not to mention a major decrease in B+E's and other crimes related to the use/aquisition of H.

^^

Yeah there have been a lot of really positive stats coming out of countries who have instituted Heroin Assisted Treatment. I just wish the US was one of them, haha.

2dkd92e.jpg

That's a nice size bag you got there....is that the norm where u are or a personal connect??? All I see here are stamps....

I really don't feel like heroin's affected me detrimentally besides the Hep C and all the damn tracks...When I'm on a good hit, I'm actually happy and I get into this mode of work like I'll do whatever job I have to no matter how strenuous. It's like I have superhuman strength...or if I'm at home I get into the cleaning the house mood and crank up the tunage while I sweep, mop, take out the trash...even dusting for chrissakes!! Methadone or subs just don't give me the same feelin'....it's only when I can't get dope or funds for dope that I feel like an old fart....back hurts, feel like I've been run over by a train...no motivation at all....I really wish they would implement a prescription heroin program like they've done in England. The powers -that-be here need to get their heads outta their asses and have an open mind while checking the stats over there as to the positive results a program like that has accomplished like a lower crime rate or whatever...
Christ you sound like me but I'm out if withdraw now and have been for a whole but even after a few uses my body hurts. Shits wack

Christ you sound like me but I'm out if withdraw now and have been for a whole but even after a few uses my body hurts. Shits wack
It sure is, man....I don't know why I can't just stop for good cause it's not worth it to keep going!! Can't afford to catch a decent nod; only a bag or two a day just to keep off total "E"...mostly for the mental joneses...:p

It sure is, man....I don't know why I can't just stop for good cause it's not worth it to keep going!! Can't afford to catch a decent nod; only a bag or two a day just to keep off total "E"...mostly for the mental joneses...:p

Maybe a low dose of methadone would keep the sick away but still let you get high every onece in a while. That's not very harm reduction but I'm just keeping it real.

Just celebrated my first sober birthday in I don't know how many years. The gift that sobriety has given me is that I have no idea who I am, what I want, or what I even like or dislike anymore. I hope that changes with the passage of time.

That's awesome bro, congrats. It must really be eye opening to rediscover who you are and what your interests are following years of running around.

Yes, congrats are in order...I feel ya when you say you don't know yourself anymore. You probably know yourself(or think you do) when using daily and living the lifestyle that goes with it; now you're sober and you're not sure if the things you thought you knew about yourself are what's real or felt real due to the dope...if that makes sense...but now you have the opportunity to rediscover yourself and maybe it'll be waaaayyy different or a bit different...or the same...8( Whatever happens just stay strong my man and prosper!!

How do you decide on names for the new thread?

I'm waiting to find out if I can get off "E" today, or if a present from my girl in New York is gonna reach me tomorrow morning. Basically I'm just trying to get the hours to go by quicker, 'cause the waiting and uncertainty is driving me nuts. Also, today is my third day off (using subs) and part of me is thinking "I've lasted this long, maybe I should just stay clean and finally kick." I really don't think that's going to happen, though- 100% of my mental capacity is focused on how good that next hit will feel after going without so many days.

Status
Not open for further replies.