• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone symptoms?Causing Palm Pain

shylock

Greenlighter
I am overly irritated at this site, i have made several posts and created THIS thread yesterday and It does not show it anywhere on my profile and no evidence it even exists.

Since taking methadone a month ago....i am on 70 mgs. i am experienceing a shooting pain in the palm of hand affecting my index finger, thumb, and middle finger. I beleieve it is caised from poor blood circulaiton but donot know. anyone else experiencing this? it is a shooting pain/stabbing pain...numb and tingling feeling that is heavy in the mornings and quietly goes away and still lingers somewhat as the day continues on...

any and all help is apperciated.

i have read on other sites that other people have experienced this and was wondering if anyone else was familiar or knoew how to make it stop...if it is the price i pay to be other than methadone, opiate free than so be it...thanks!

Hi, I have been on Methadone Maintenance Treatment for almost 6 weeks now. Over the past 3 weeks now I have been also experiencing extreme hand and feet joint pain. I've been awoken in the middle of the night with numb hands and numb feet, so bad that I've had to lift my foot with my hand to put it on the floor so the blood would go back to my foot and stop the tingle. Also I have been waking up in the morning with EXTREME hand joint pain, so bad that I can't open my hands. I wake up and my hands are usually closed and so hard to open, the pain is so intense. My feet hurt just as bad, the joints in my toes are so painful I have to sit up and wait like 5 mins or so until I can walk to the bathroom. During the days my joint pain in my hands and feet at still there not as bad as when I wake up in the morning, but it's still there. Over the past 2 weeks my right hand finger tips have gone numb, and my middle finger locks up on me, to where I have to pull it up with my other hand. I've mentioned the joint pain to the Methadone nurses, and they are telling me that I'm not at a therapeutic does yet, and I am experiencing withdraw symptoms (the joint pain) I am on 50MG's of methadone once a day. I can't believe that more methadone is going to take away this joint pain, but I am willing to give it a shot.. The methadone has been a life saver for me, I haven't had NO CRAVINGS since I've started the program. But the side effects are unreal. Constipation is ungodly. I've been needing to use Dolcolax suppositories just to be able to go. I am moments away from making an appointment with my primary to find out whats going on with this joint pain. I can't bare to wake up in the morning like this for much longer..

If anyone has any suggestions or finds out what this is stemmed from, please let me know. It's like a catch 22 here. No more cravings for opiates but intense joint pain to trade.

Thanks for listening.

Hi, I have been on Methadone Maintenance Treatment for almost 6 weeks now. Over the past 3 weeks now I have been also experiencing extreme hand and feet joint pain. I've been awoken in the middle of the night with numb hands and numb feet, so bad that I've had to lift my foot with my hand to put it on the floor so the blood would go back to my foot and stop the tingle. Also I have been waking up in the morning with EXTREME hand joint pain, so bad that I can't open my hands. I wake up and my hands are usually closed and so hard to open, the pain is so intense. My feet hurt just as bad, the joints in my toes are so painful I have to sit up and wait like 5 mins or so until I can walk to the bathroom. During the days my joint pain in my hands and feet at still there not as bad as when I wake up in the morning, but it's still there. Over the past 2 weeks my right hand finger tips have gone numb, and my middle finger locks up on me, to where I have to pull it up with my other hand. I've mentioned the joint pain to the Methadone nurses, and they are telling me that I'm not at a therapeutic does yet, and I am experiencing withdraw symptoms (the joint pain) I am on 50MG's of methadone once a day. I can't believe that more methadone is going to take away this joint pain, but I am willing to give it a shot.. The methadone has been a life saver for me, I haven't had NO CRAVINGS since I've started the program. But the side effects are unreal. Constipation is ungodly. I've been needing to use Dolcolax suppositories just to be able to go. I am moments away from making an appointment with my primary to find out whats going on with this joint pain. I can't bare to wake up in the morning like this for much longer..

If anyone has any suggestions or finds out what this is stemmed from, please let me know. It's like a catch 22 here. No more cravings for opiates but intense joint pain to trade.

Thanks for listening.

I know it's a long shot, but do either of you still see this? I am experiencing the exact same things and am looking for answers, did you ever find out?

I have never experienced what you're experiencing on Methadone. It helps my pain and does not cause pain anywhere else.