View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation but I'd have to assume you did get an iffy batch or summat, FG. I can't really see how it's humanly possible to have a higher dissociative tolerance than I do (not dicksizing, not big, not clever, just the way it is) and I was on another planet for several days. Mostly a very pleasing planet but lordy was it a bit touch and go at times 8(8o8(

Having said that, it's not so much the dissociative effects that came through strongest for me. Subjectively, the stimulation and euphoria were extreme but the dissociation felt significantly less intense than most other NMDA antagonists I've sampled.

yer i think i got a couple of bad batches of drugs over christmas christ the gram before hand blow me away , i like Diphenidine a lot better though another gram of this coming in the morning just dont mix noids with the stuff you black out with out warning

I got it a bit cocky with it last night after a few beers and was taught a fairly good lesson today.

I had fallen asleep about 12 then woke up four hours or so later, having run out of things to smoke. Had thought that MXP was fairly ineffective via insufflation so chopped out about 2/3 80m-100mg piles and recklessly duffed the lines. Was in a really strange place after an hour or so; a really insightful, but quite self-critical mental space. It was a bit tough on the old soul.

Was completely incapable of working, for most of the day.

Was in a really strange place after an hour or so; a really insightful, but quite self-critical mental space. It was a bit tough on the old soul.

Interesting. This is something I can very much relate to. Not a thing I'm able to explain yet but your choice of wording is really rather apt I must say. Has anybody else noticed a distinctly dark and deeply existential quality to this stuff? Whilst I was properly up and flying on it it was one of the most euphoric drugs I have ever sampled, but once it had seemingly finally faded (getting on for a week after I'd stopped dosing) I was left... well... precisely as you say - couldn't word it better if I tried - only perhaps taken up a notch or several.

Yeah, "existential" is a good subjective description. There's a depth to this stuff I think, but I'm quite self-critical anyway and been going through patches of frequent 'noid and thiene use, which constituted a lengthy part of the self-reflection/rumination.

It was a good kick up the arse but I felt shit most of the day, more emotionally than anything.

It's funny because it had been so light and casual with the smaller oral doses and a movie. Will be giving it a week long rest at least now, but on the positive it has made me contemplate/re-align other elements of my personal life that I maybe should have been addressing.

this stuff can leave you genuinely shell shocked when things go wrong i had some troubles the other week and its hard to explain but the when the bottom drops out of your world you dnt want to be on this stuff

was catatonic for a while because of it

Another thing I was meaning to ask, has anybody noticed problems with memory after using MXP? Specifically memory of words. I know it's a pretty well-known side-effect of NMDA antagonist (ab)use but I've never noticed it as much as I have until recently. It's possible that I simply don't remember my memory being this iffy but it has felt a lot worse these last few weeks since that lil binge of mine on this stuff. It mostly manifests in the form of that maddening "It's on the tip of my tongue..." sensation. Also in a certain indecisiveness but that may just be a me thing... does seem to be worse too though. I mostly seem to recall whatever it was I wanted to recall soon enough but it's certainly not flowing as easily as it once did.

As I said, there could be any number of reasons for this (I've used and abused a lotta drugs for a lotta time and have been especially fond of dissociatives for a number of years, plus, I'm knocking an a bit... surely not enough to be complaining about memory issues though) but it really does seem to be much worse recently and MXP was the last drug I used in large (okay, excessive) quantities so thought it worth an ask to see if anybody else has noted such a thing.

Hey Shambles,
Know exactly what you mean, on the Monday I was struggling to converse with people in my usual manner. Feel back to normal now.

Another thing I was meaning to ask, has anybody noticed problems with memory after using MXP? Specifically memory of words. I know it's a pretty well-known side-effect of NMDA antagonist (ab)use but I've never noticed it as much as I have until recently. It's possible that I simply don't remember my memory being this iffy but it has felt a lot worse these last few weeks since that lil binge of mine on this stuff. It mostly manifests in the form of that maddening "It's on the tip of my tongue..." sensation. Also in a certain indecisiveness but that may just be a me thing... does seem to be worse too though. I mostly seem to recall whatever it was I wanted to recall soon enough but it's certainly not flowing as easily as it once did.

As I said, there could be any number of reasons for this (I've used and abused a lotta drugs for a lotta time and have been especially fond of dissociatives for a number of years, plus, I'm knocking an a bit... surely not enough to be complaining about memory issues though) but it really does seem to be much worse recently and MXP was the last drug I used in large (okay, excessive) quantities so thought it worth an ask to see if anybody else has noted such a thing.

Sometimes on MXE I lost the ability to speak at all. I did notice some speech slurring on MXP.

^ Hehe. One time I was on a bit of an MXE binge and the internet connection went down for a few days. I'm a bit bereft without my intrawebz and, combined with my lowered inhibitions, I was calling customer support every couple hours asking what was going on for about three days straight until it came back on. Of course I could barely speak - was a stuttering mess who could barely form words of more than one syllable or get a sentence out in under a minute. It quickly became very obvious that the fella who I was speaking to each time was quite convinced that I was somewhat "special" :D

That aside, I was really asking about ongoing memory, vocabulary and comprehension issues - ongoing for weeks after last use. I know with, for example ketamine, this is a widely known phenomenon which is reversed in time (as long as you don't keep boshing ketamine day in, day out). That's only with really extensive and heavy use though. I've never noticed anything other than acute issues of this nature but since my lil MXP binge it's been really quite noticeable and still is. Does seem to be improving (I think (and hope 8o)) but is lasting waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than effects like this have done before for me.

Was just wondering if others had noticed this and, if not, that it is perhaps something to look out for.

^ Hehe. One time I was on a bit of an MXE binge and the internet connection went down for a few days. I'm a bit bereft without my intrawebz and, combined with my lowered inhibitions, I was calling customer support every couple hours asking what was going on for about three days straight until it came back on. Of course I could barely speak - was a stuttering mess who could barely form words of more than one syllable or get a sentence out in under a minute. It quickly became very obvious that the fella who I was speaking to each time was quite convinced that I was somewhat "special" :D

That aside, I was really asking about ongoing memory, vocabulary and comprehension issues - ongoing for weeks after last use. I know with, for example ketamine, this is a widely known phenomenon which is reversed in time (as long as you don't keep boshing ketamine day in, day out). That's only with really extensive and heavy use though. I've never noticed anything other than acute issues of this nature but since my lil MXP binge it's been really quite noticeable and still is. Does seem to be improving (I think (and hope 8o)) but is lasting waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than effects like this have done before for me.

Was just wondering if others had noticed this and, if not, that it is perhaps something to look out for.

i have read similar story from after mk801 but in time the effects reversed.
do you by any chanse have a nootropic at hand? noopept i think may make things back to normal much faster

I've not had ongoing issues, that I'm aware of, despite heavy dependence on MXE and moderate use of 3-MeO while it was legal. I do use nootropics semi regularly, such as: fish oil, piracetam, vit D, lion's mane (mushroom), alpha lipoic acid, picamilon, creatine, B12, 5-htp and a few others. Only vit d, fish oil and aspirin are taken almost regularly.

As for MXP, I've not noticed any darkness with it. I've had a few eerie experiences with 3-MeO and, to a lesser extent, MXE. I found MXE could be weird and 3-MeO could be disconnecting but it could have just been my state of mind and tolerance. I found out, on Wednesday, that my dad had died on Tuesday. I was fairly shaken by this initially but MXP had improved my mood disturbingly later that night, although I've had relatively few experiences with MXP and had taken some vodka.

had real trouble talking the other day with this stuff both these new ones get me like that like this I broken link between my brain and mouth get frustrating to say the least at times

also no point trying to remember things in detail from the trip you just cant bit like when you black out on booze or benzos

I find existentialism a big part of dissociative headspace from my experience. Ketamine less so and while this can often be a positive headspace for some, especially depression etc as we see in other BL threads, with heavy use and not being aware you can be lead to some nihilistic places. I could feel this faintly with the MXP but there was nice euphoric waves overriding it. Definitely something that would be a lot more present had I opportunity to redose. Likewise I find dissociatives very computer/robotic like in their headspace which also ties in with the existentialism.

think thats why you need to be careful when using them for a mood lift. Heavy ketamine use left me with great insights but terrible anxiety and an ill body that is only really recently recovered to a point that it is no longer a hindrance. The nihilistic feelings need a bit of grounding sometimes if your not too experienced with it. I always thought it was because I was reading The Outsider/The Stranger around the period of heavy MXE use in the beginning and lots of LSD but I notice it.with all.dissociatives now.

just would love a new dissociative that carries good hole properties, long duration and doesn't destroy my insides. In my opinion we are still to find the 'LSD' of dissociatives by that I mean a dissociative that is clean, enjoyed by most.fans of dissociatives and little side effects particularly physical negative ones such as infamous cramps without heavy, heavy usage and profound holing properties with a duration no longer than 8-12 hours....but one can dream. MXE is probably the closest but I find it isn't anywhere near as potent and headspace/hole.isn't as good as k and I feel its definitely possible as we have only seen proper spiritual/recreational usage surge in popularity since psy heads began using and the flotation tank experiments.

The seizure episode is pretty scary. Just out of interest I searched for ketamine induced seizures here and on the web. There are many papers saying that ketamine is the cause of seizures and an equal number saying it's a treatment for tonic-clonic seizures.

For myself, I'm sticking to non-stimulating NMDA antagonists.

Trying out this one now. The BP issues got me a bit wary so i lowered my sodium intake since yesterday, took magnesium supplement and a pinch of bicarbonate in my water today. Yeah, its there again the damn baking soda, apparently helps a bit against high BP too. 150 mg of the substance this far and life is good with very high volume dubstep in the speakers. Its nice to not have neighbours. I have no device to measure BP, but i feel great and my HR is completely normal. Blessings brothers and sisters.

Edit : Took 300 mg with only positive effects in total. Almost baseline now. I give thumbs up for this one. Do you remember that people had seizures on MXE in the beginning as well? And MXE is considered completely safe now. I wonder how much psychology is involved.. Or its the miracle drug baking soda, as usual? ;)

Last edited:

I had this problem with a bout of 4-meo-pcp use not too long ago. Here is the link to that post. I specifically noted a loss of recall of words, as well.

...The BP issues got me a bit wary... I have no device to measure BP, but i feel great and my HR is completely normal.

May I recommend searching "blood pressure wrist monitor" or "blood pressure watch monitor" on dealextreme. They self inflate and read BP and heart rate surprisingly accurately. You just prop one arm on a hand on your lap so the wrist is at heart level, press a button, and 20 seconds later it beeps. And I have to say the feel of it inflating and deflating on particular drugs is rather novel. I'd be sure to get one with multiple reviews showing 5 stars -- the reviews on that site are impartial (surprisingly).

I picked one up so I could be more accurate in reporting statistics of novel chemicals like this one. I think everyone should have one considering they start under 20 dollars.

I don't think this counts as price or source discussion, but if it is feel free to berate me like a diminutive pixie of some kind.

This seems as good a place as any to mention something I found somewhat surprising over the past 6 or 12 months. I started doing DXM again on occasion. As it used to, my speech was mangled and I was obviously intoxicated (very scarily so to those uninformed), but clearly not drunk, to any who came in contact with me within the next 16-24 hours. Sometimes longer if I dosed slowly or redosed a bit (I imagine this effect comes more from DXO than DXM).

From experimenting with ondansetron / zofran to offset nausea, I decided to try triple my usual dose (4 mg -> 12 mg), taking them a couple minutes apart, the ondansetron first. I tried this from reading about the novel interactions between the two (and possibly MXE) as reported by users like ps00donym and others. I have read elsewhere that both it (ondansetron / zofran) and DXM are metabolized by the CYPD26 enzyme. This post by user thenightwatch quotes a handful of ps00donym/psood0nym/dude-man's posts.

Anyway, long story short, my speech remains nearly immaculate throughout the entire experience. And within 8 hours from dosing I'm clear as day. I'm not sure the mechanism behind this but it seems to be a consistent effect every time I take ondansetron with it. Something or other to do with CYPD26 I'm willing to bet. Seeing as how most of these chemicals affect speech similarly, I would say this is worth further exploration for you committed psychonauts.

By the way I noticed no other unexpected reactions from combining the two. It took away nausea, some stomach cramps, lots of the side effects like heat flashes and itching, and cleared up my speech to the point where I could do DXM on weekdays where I had work the following morning. I was more worried about pupils than my speech thanks to the damn near miraculous difference. For those of you with garbled speech, please try this out and report back. Perhaps a thread should be made with this explicit topic for it to be properly assessed.

Last edited:
This seems as good a place as any to mention something I found somewhat surprising over the past 6 or 12 months. I started doing DXM again on occasion. As it used to, my speech was mangled and I was obviously intoxicated (very scarily so to those uninformed), but clearly not drunk, to any who came in contact with me within the next 16-24 hours. Sometimes longer if I dosed slowly or redosed a bit (I imagine this effect comes more from DXO than DXM).

From experimenting with ondansetron / zofran to offset nausea, I decided to try triple my usual dose (4 mg -> 12 mg), taking them a couple minutes apart, the ondansetron first. I tried this from reading about the novel interactions between the two (and possibly MXE) as reported by users like ps00donym and others. I have read elsewhere that both it (ondansetron / zofran) and DXM are metabolized by the CYPD26 enzyme. This post by user thenightwatch quotes a handful of ps00donym/psood0nym/dude-man's posts.

Anyway, long story short, my speech remains nearly immaculate throughout the entire experience. And within 8 hours from dosing I'm clear as day. I'm not sure the mechanism behind this but it seems to be a consistent effect every time I take ondansetron with it. Something or other to do with CYPD26 I'm willing to bet. Seeing as how most of these chemicals affect speech similarly, I would say this is worth further exploration for you committed psychonauts.

By the way I noticed no other unexpected reactions from combining the two. It took away nausea, some stomach cramps, lots of the side effects like heat flashes and itching, and cleared up my speech to the point where I could do DXM on weekdays where I had work the following morning. I was more worried about pupils than my speech thanks to the damn near miraculous difference. For those of you with garbled speech, please try this out and report back. Perhaps a thread should be made with this explicit topic for it to be properly assessed.
Interesting. You might just be forming a habit there though. The effects of dissociatives change considerably over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.