View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a seizure on 150mg Diphenidine and also made the guess that it has serotonin activity.
Now I'm pretty sure that it comes from piperazine. I get seizures only if I take SSRIs or serotonergic drugs.
The Ketamine glow is not only opiate like it actually binds to opiod and dopamine receptors and thats what makes the pleasure. A pure NMDA antagonist will not be recreational.

Last edited:
I had a seizure on 150mg Diphenidine and also made the guess that it has serotonin activity.
Now I'm pretty sure that it comes from piperazine. I get seizures only if I take SSRIs or serotonergic drugs.
The Ketamine glow is not only opiate like it actually binds to opiod and dopamine receptors and thats what makes the pleasure. A pure NMDA antagonist will not be recreational.
You're misinformed about a few things:
Wikipedia said:
Pharmacologically, ketamine is classified as an NMDA receptor antagonist.[6] At high, fully anesthetic level doses, ketamine has also been found to bind to μ-opioid receptors type 2 in cultured human neuroblastoma cells – however, without agonist activity[7] – and to sigma receptors in rats.[8] Also, ketamine interacts with muscarinic receptors, descending monoaminergic pain pathways and voltage-gated calcium channels.[9]
For a relevant elaboration on the role of dopamine in pleasure and reinforcement read this post of Sekio's and the next, too.

this compound is absolutely magical! complete chemical bliss, the same league as MXE... <3

EDIT: I have to correct myself, this compound is a false friend. it feels toxic. I'll stay away!

Last edited:
^lol
Thanks very much for the info psood0nym.
But what is it that makes Diphenidine unpleasant for so many.
I will try MXP in a few days an report out of the hospital after the seizure. ;)
Please tell us what went wrong Bettlektüre.

Edit: remembered Diphenidine trip and flushed it. to concerned about my health

Last edited:
I hope it does work because it's a joy to snort, somewhat surprising considering it's closest available relative has the consistency of wet rock salt.

Yeah, something's going on. I'll report back when it's run it's course.

Wow - and plain diphenidine was almost unsnortable for so many.

This is the question. IF you snort it, how long until you feel it? Snorting is a good way of 'finding ones level' for me.

^lol
Thanks very much for the info psood0nym.
But what is it that makes Diphenidine unpleasant for so many.
I will try MXP in a few days an report out of the hospital after the seizure. ;)
We have no exhaustive rationale for why recreational drugs feel good or bad subjectively. It's mostly just that they're structurally similar to other stuff we like, they don't trigger any obvious theoretical red flags, and they're tolerated well enough to keep generating demand. Usually that's enough to mean most people can get away with trying them out without a disaster, but taking big doses or chronic using is rolling the dice.

Last edited:
Just throwing in my info:

I have a very large amount of experience with ketamine that's spanned over a number of years. I'm not talking grams here and there I'm saying oz binge material. I can now no longer properly use ketamine as even doses lower than 200mg lead to extremely severe stomach pains that last from 1 - 5 days.

I also have a fair wack of experience with MXE, enjoying it massively while it was legal in UK and a few good bashes since then but I find a quality difference. I also prefer ketamine, so my main experience is with ketamine but with both of these I've tried all the range of doses and consider myself very experienced. i'm a kholer.

I dosed 85mg about an hour ago, feel slightly floaty if anything. But not much more than that. I'm having a look around and any visual distortion isn't defined enough to be caused by this yet in my opinion. Will report back, I really hope this carries some nice dissociative properties without the negative health issues that ketamine carries as I love the ket but the health issues were destroying me.

Will update, any questions feel free, this will be a one off experiment for the foreseeable future.

Does this compound can be snorted right? My friend told me he snorted it... Anybody here have snorted this compound?

What's the dosage of this stuff... Can't find a lot about it :(

Thank you!

Does this compound can be snorted right? My friend told me he snorted it... Anybody here have snorted this compound?

What's the dosage of this stuff... Can't find a lot about it :(

Thank you!

I have some modest experience with Ketamine and MXE and had purchased Methoxphenidine just before christmas.

Tried it in three batches of 25-30 mg spaced over 6 hours. I found it very enjoyable, but also had 1mg of Pyrazolam with it and occasional smokes of BB-22.

As others described, it was very clean and manageable. Think larger doses could potentially be scary however.

Insufflation and Sublingual both seemed really inefficient, Oral was best IME.

Also had 25mg of DPH right near the end, for sleep.

Just throwing in my info:

I have a very large amount of experience with ketamine that's spanned over a number of years. I'm not talking grams here and there I'm saying oz binge material. I can now no longer properly use ketamine as even doses lower than 200mg lead to extremely severe stomach pains that last from 1 - 5 days.

I also have a fair wack of experience with MXE, enjoying it massively while it was legal in UK and a few good bashes since then but I find a quality difference. I also prefer ketamine, so my main experience is with ketamine but with both of these I've tried all the range of doses and consider myself very experienced. i'm a kholer.

I dosed 85mg about an hour ago, feel slightly floaty if anything. But not much more than that. I'm having a look around and any visual distortion isn't defined enough to be caused by this yet in my opinion. Will report back, I really hope this carries some nice dissociative properties without the negative health issues that ketamine carries as I love the ket but the health issues were destroying me.

Will update, any questions feel free, this will be a one off experiment for the foreseeable future.

Hi AcidTrippin...any updates on how your "experiment" went?I have some of this stuff and wouldn't mind hearing what you thought about it before I try.From your K and MXE experience I think a report from you would be very useful.

Just reporting back few days later from the 85mg, it was a nice experience overall I'm not one for writing mad trip reports as others word things better but in general: no real outstanding visuals that could be defined as the drug, it is VERY wavey in effect as in it just rises then stops, then rises then stops, the effects itself are a slight dissociative high with nice euphoria, conversation was no problem with a closer friend online but I also had trouble understanding some jokes etc like general dissociative.

Is there a hole dose with this thing? I could function very well in this and probably function at anything people generally avoid dissociative/psychedelic drugs for. It felt like it would be impossible unless seriously pushed there was no direction towards it.

Overall my opinion: If there is a hole dose with this thing, and these 400mg seizure doses are true in my opinion for any one who is a dissociative binger this may be a more dangerous one speaking HR. But I think Shambles did a solid 2g but, like me, he's experienced. If your that type of person you'd just often push it to close to dangerous doses, having said that I'm basing that on Internet speculation - this still needs a lot more research and I think it will surface once UK post returns to normal. As for average user, interesting drug one of those ones that's good for chilling with a movie but you'd probably need some booze or a spliff at these levels or slightly lower to enhance things. I most likely wont be returning to this one as I normally stick to classics - it was just a friend offered some, so I wont be commenting on higher doses unless this suddenly becomes popular or more widely available but hope this helps.

Also noticed no stomach issues like ketamine. But the effects in comparison were much lighter.

Overall my opinion: If there is a hole dose with this thing, and these 400mg seizure doses are true in my opinion for any one who is a dissociative binger this may be a more dangerous one speaking HR. But I think Shambles did a solid 2g but, like me, he's experienced.

I did get through 2g (over a period of approximately 48-72h) the first (and so far only) time I used this stuff yes. That doesn't make it safe though. Given the potentially serious issues some have experienced at significantly less than that it's not a substance to be approached lightly no matter how experienced you may be. This stuff rocked my world like nothing has for a very long time in many ways. That's not a recommendation as such, simply a statement of fact. I am known for my "Do as I say not as I do" approach to HR. It's not big and it's not clever. I could well have come a very serious cropper dosing as recklessly as I did given how little info there is out there on this stuff even now let alone a while back.

Having said that, I can honestly say that the experience has been life-changing. Whether that be for better or worse I don't yet know for sure. It's (tentatively) looking like it's gonna be a positive change but how it was brought about is the very antithesis of HR. I'm alive and well and been left with one helluva lot more to think about than I ever imagined there was to think about in this life. The same may not apply to the next person who hits it as recklessly hard and fast as I did :|

That said, this drug shot right to my all-time favourite substance table instantly and is right up there in contention for my bestest drug in the world ever status. I am a horrendous drugpig and this particular substance hits every single one of my happy buttons though so this is still not an actual recommendation cos this shit has... things other drugs have never had. For me.

I'd dearly love to write a proper TR for this one. I really don't think that would be possible for what happened in and around that first time but if I go for a second bite of the cherry (so far not a given cos I'm still rather seriously shaken (in both good and bad ways) from that first one - anybody who knows anything about me knows that's a pretty frikkin big statement for me to make) I'll make a real effort to do so.

This is one drug which I have very complex and mixed feelings about. Heaven & Hell, as a fella once said. And all that is betwixt, between, in and around.

One thing I would like to stress is that past a certain level of dosing this stuff repeats on you. For days on end and gets stronger each time for the first few days. This would be long after the last dose is taken. At least this was the case for me. It was several days before the cycle of coming up, peaking like a mofo, drifting down, afterglow, coming up, peaking like a MOFO, drifting down, afterglow finally came to an end. Do not attempt any high dose experiments if you have anything you need to do for a week or so afterwards. And that's without even taking into account the potential risks that some have come a cropper with.

I almost never warn people about a drug. I make an exception for this one. Do please be careful, kiddies. The dose:response curve is... unique. And pretty frikkin extreme. Imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc.

<3

Oh, and as a pee ess, I never "holed" at any point that I recall aside from a brief (at least I think it was brief) period early on the first day of dosing. Hard to describe but I was conscious in the sense of being awake and active but have essentially no memory for that period (I believe this state lasted about an hour, maybe less... but could obviously have been more I guess... not very much more though cos the rest of the time is accounted for). I wouldn't aim to "hole" on the stuff either way. It's far too stimulating for that. And lawdy is it stimulating when you push the dose 8o8(8o

(perhaps dangerously so - please be careful with this one)

<3

Last edited:
One thing I would like to stress is that past a certain level of dosing this stuff repeats on you. For days on end and gets stronger each time for the first few days. This would be long after the last dose is taken. At least this was the case for me. It was several days before the cycle of coming up, peaking like a mofo, drifting down, afterglow, coming up, peaking like a MOFO, drifting down, afterglow finally came to an end. Do not attempt any high dose experiments if you have anything you need to do for a week or so afterwards. And that's without even taking into account the potential risks that some have come a cropper with.

I almost never warn people about a drug. I make an exception for this one. Do please be careful, kiddies. The dose:response curve is... unique. And pretty frikkin extreme. Imo, ime, ymmv, etc, etc.

<3

Thanks, this is very important information. I have had this happen with PCP. Cumulative effect upon redosing just kept getting me higher untill I got horrible cramps that just kept getting worse even though I stopped using long ago. This kept going for about 2 weeks before it gradually subsided over the course of another 2 weeks and it was the second worst experience I've had with drugs to this date.

NMDA antagonists overdose feel fucking terrible. I've have never experienced so much pain in my life as the pain those cramps caused, I thought my muscles would crush my bones.

This may be a very telling dose response profile. If this cyclical pattern is indeed a common response at high doses I'd speculate that methoxphenidine or some active metabolite(s) is shifting between phases where it's largely accessible to blood and where it's not. I don't know what else to think, anyways. Does anybody know of any other drugs, be they psychoactive or not, that have a similar pattern of activity? If so, do you know why they present this pattern?

Solopsis posted earlier about this compound's structural relationship with MK-801. Methoxphenidine seems to also cause similarly strong amnestic symptoms relative to other dissociatives. While the finding of Olney's lesions in rats administered MK-801 may not necessarily translate to humans, I did find this other quote from that drug's wiki page worrisome:

Not only has temporary use been shown to mimic psychosis but chronic administration in laboratory animals resulted in similar neuropathological changes as in schizophrenia.[11]
This may indicate that frequent use of methoxphenidine could cause structural neurological changes consistent with those of an extremely traumatic psychological disease. Who knows how permanent such changes could be? It's lengthy duration relative to other dissociatives only makes matters worse. I'll admit I'm fascinated by it, but it certainly seems like an unwise candidate for frequent or even semi-frequent use. Those who are hoping they've found a substitute for MXE should seriously consider such risks.

Last edited:
This may be a very telling dose response profile. If this cyclical pattern is indeed a common response at high doses I'd speculate that methoxphenidine or some active metabolite(s) is shifting between phases where it's largely accessible to blood and where it's not. I don't know what else to think, anyways. Does anybody know of any other drugs, be they psychoactive or not, that have a similar pattern of activity? If so, do you know why they present this pattern?

PCP and all it's analogues carries this same problem for me. Not for all my friends though. I am not sure why this is, maybe some kind of enzyme difference in metabolism.

I have to be very careful of side effects with these drugs because if I start getting them they continue to get worse for days on end even if I stop using.

Thanks, this is very important information. I have had this happen with PCP. Cumulative effect upon redosing just kept getting me higher untill I got horrible cramps that just kept getting worse even though I stopped using long ago. This kept going for about 2 weeks before it gradually subsided over the course of another 2 weeks and it was the second worst experience I've had with drugs to this date.

I've never sampled PCP but, from what I've seen/heard/read, my MXP experience did seem to have more in common with a hefty dose of PCP than it did with any other NMDA antagonists I've tried (which would be several). Although I don't recall being especially bothered by physical discomfort at any stage. Quite the opposite mostly - I felt on top of the world. The stimulation did reach worrying levels at times though. I was within moments of seeking medical attention when it came on really very strongly indeed at times over the first couple days after I'd stopped dosing. Each time it stayed just on the right side of being pleasant but it certainly felt very worrisome until I felt sure it had finally levelled out.

What was your ROA/Dosing pattern Shambles?

Aside from one small, snorted initial "tester" line, the rest mostly plugged with maybe one or two oral doses in there too (memory of all of this is kinda hazy but I know most was plugged and think I can recall a couple oral doses). I think it was the dosing pattern that caught me out as I initially thought the duration was rather brief. It's the "waviness" of it - the way that it comes and goes in waves. Basically I was redosing more or less each time I passed a peak and was on the drifting down stage. I had no idea that I would probably be coming up again after the initial peak if I hadn't redosed. I don't recall the precise details cos I really was out of it for a long time afterwards which makes it kinda hard to recall specifics. I posted a few updates in the EADD thread as I went along at the time.

i killed 2 g of this the other day and was wondering if it was a dodgy batch as it hardly touched me

Status
Not open for further replies.