View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from hospital. I won't mention the dose, because it was stupid, but I had a seizure. This drug is not entirely safe. Be careful.
Dosage please! It makes a huge difference for the community whether your seizure happened at 200mg or 2000mg.

EDIT: Just read what you posted afterwards. 400mg isn't all that much I guess, considering a lot of people seem to be doing over 100mg of this one.

Have you ever had a seizure before this happened?

I don't know if you'll see this latest, but I wish you all the very best in your endeavour to live a different life. It's a choice many of us face. Some of us are 'stuck' in our ways, to some extent or another, whether through choice or through habit, but if what you want is sobriety and stability, take the bull by its horns and seek it. I bid you farewell, with love and respect :)

Dosage please! It makes a huge difference for the community whether your seizure happened at 200mg or 2000mg.

EDIT: Just read what you posted afterwards. 400mg isn't all that much I guess, considering a lot of people seem to be doing over 100mg of this one.

Have you ever had a seizure before this happened?

No, I've never had a seizure before, but it sounds like it was the full affair, tonic-clonic, bladder-expelling.

I just realised I didn't answer psood's other questions before - ROA was oral, and the only other drug involved was 0.5mg Pyrazolam taken at the same time as the first dose. I usually combine Diph/Methoxphenidine with Etizolam or Pyrazolam, partly because the Phenidines have a slightly unpleasant tremor side-effect, and partly because I like the combination.

Wow lastest and Dioxy. Your reports on this stuff makes it VERY clear that this stuff can be quite dangerous. I think the guy who wrote the first report we read on this substance in another forum was very lucky not to end up like you guys. I also wish you the best of luck lastest. Goodbye for now :)

Be careful when trying this one, people. It's pretty easy to misjudge the effects and then dose more. This chemical is not forgiving and should only be used responsibly. I hope everyone reading these reports and are willing to try this new RC should be very very careful. Stick to one good dose and ride it out. In retrospect I feel silly dosing as much as I did, though I'm very glad I only had a blank mind with no self awareness and that this stopped pretty quickly. The side-effects weren't very pronounced like diphenidine, which made me more aware of the intensity of the experience. Also tolerance during my first trial with methoxphenidine could have played a part in this.

Thought-provoking stuff, reading the last few posts.

It does strike me that some people seem to be relaxed about taking pretty high doses of new chems (or chems new to them) straight away and sometimes come unstuck.

Is this due to impatience, recklessness, over-confidence or just getting caught up in the moment?

Although I'm usually a risk taker in life, when it comes to this sort of thing I'm probably a bit of a pussy. Anyway, I reckon 80mg with no redosing should be a good way to progress with this, so I'll report back tomorrow and hopefully the results will be positive!

Thought-provoking stuff, reading the last few posts.

It does strike me that some people seem to be relaxed about taking pretty high doses of new chems (or chems new to them) straight away and sometimes come unstuck.

Is this due to impatience, recklessness, over-confidence or just getting caught up in the moment?

It's what I like to call 'dangerous curiosity,' but probably has more to do with a reckless disregard for my own wellbeing in pursuit of altered states. I do start low(ish), but it doesn't take long before I'm pushing my limits. This most recent experience certainly taught me harsh lesson (in a long history of harsh lessons, few quite so harsh).

I think the fact that these compounds are so highly lipophilic is a good indicator of why insufflation is not the way to go.

It should still work - it's been proven that even the completely non water soluble benzos will have some degree of absorption IN.

This stuff seems like bad candy, though.

Messing with RCs that need such a high initial dosage is a bad idea in general, since there is NO binding affinity data published and you could be affecting various ion channels, MAOs, etc at higher dosages.

Wasn't MK-801 renowned for it's neurotoxicity back in the day?

I'll stick to my bleeding edge designer cannabinoids, thanks. xD At least with those, if the SAR gods throw us an unexpected binding site, you're only working with 0.5mg of material, and it's highly unlikely to be significant.

Part of me does wonder about the 2-desmethoxy, 4-hydroxy homologue, though. Maybe with the piperidine ring replaced with a secondary amine. ;]

Dioxy - what did your temperature rise to?

Those sound like serotonin syndrome symptoms which if that's the case, people need to be really careful with this one.

Glad to hear that you're okay, thanks for reporting back to us.

Just after the seizure it was nearly 39C/102F, it kept rising on the way to hospital, and then over the next 4 hours or so it dropped back down to 37.8 I suspect I also had a slight fever at the time which would have contributed slightly, but I felt fairly normal the following day. Blood pressure was also very high but I forget the figures now. All I have to deal with now is a guilty conscience and some very achey muscles... Seizing makes you feel like you've done a triathlon!

I don't think I'll be going near MXP again, either. That might be over-cautious but knowing my tendency to push it, I can't take that risk again.

That sounds like serotonin syndrome. High temperature is a hallmark of serotonin syndrome.

I guess MXP has serotonin affinity after all :\

Glad that you came out okay!

That sounds like serotonin syndrome. High temperature is a hallmark of serotonin syndrome.

I guess MXP has serotonin affinity after all :\

Glad that you came out okay!
Serotonin syndrom is by definition not caused by drugs. There are tons of reasons why the body temperature can rise, serotonergic activity doesn't need to have anything to do with it. "MXP" having affinity for serotonin receptors is therefore not only wild speculation, but probably also inaccurate from all I've read.

Serotonin syndrom is by definition not caused by drugs. There are tons of reasons why the body temperature can rise, serotonergic activity doesn't need to have anything to do with it. "MXP" having affinity for serotonin receptors is therefore not only wild speculation, but probably also inaccurate from all I've read.

Really? Serotonin syndrome isn't caused by drugs? So its something that just happens randomly and has no logical chemical explanation?

Someone should tell oh... everybody else.

Serotonin syndrome occurs when you take medications that cause high levels of the chemical serotonin to accumulate in your body. Serotonin syndrome can occur when you increase the dose of such a drug or add a new drug to your regimen. Certain illicit drugs and dietary supplements are also associated with serotonin syndrome.

I've never heard anyone say that its not caused by drugs and I've never heard of a case that didn't involve drugs.

The truth is that everything about MXP is speculation since there haven't been any real studies done on it and those symptoms SOUND like serotonin syndrome (considering that all of them are symptoms of serotonin syndrome).

I don't think that saying to use caution with this substance based on this event is a bad thing whether or not it was actually serotonin syndrome.

Serotonin syndrome symptoms typically occur within several hours of taking a new drug or increasing the dose of a drug you're already taking. Signs and symptoms include:

Agitation or restlessness
Confusion
Rapid heart rate and high blood pressure
Dilated pupils
Loss of muscle coordination or twitching muscles
Heavy sweating
Diarrhea
Headache
Shivering
Goose bumps
Severe serotonin syndrome can be life-threatening. Signs and symptoms include:

High fever
Seizures
Irregular heartbeat
Unconsciousness

So, 81mg taken orally in a gelcap yesterday late morning on an empty stomach.
Took about 1.5 to 2 hours to come up fully and probably peaked between hours 2 and 3.
Redosed another 21mg at 3.5 hours (oral again) but this didn't seem to do much and I'd say by hours 5-6 I was well on the way back to baseline.

Although there was definitely something fairly strong happening, I found it quite difficult to describe. Slightly numbing, a little sedating at times, some muscle tension, overall the whole experience was not unpleasant and no nasty side effects but I also didn't experience any notable changes in perception, no deep introspection, no notable visual or aural enhancements.

With previous posts in mind, I monitored my BP, pulse and temperature throughout and although my BP peaked at 157/96 (usually its around 120/80), all other signs were normal. No pupil dilation at all.

So, it's left me feeling a bit disappointing in a way as I don't feel I got anything particularly interesting or worthwhile out of it. Maybe I'm not quite at the threshold dose for me yet? Maybe what I experienced was disassociation but I didn't recognise that or I didn't/couldn't channel it in the right way to get the benefit?

Any thoughts?

A lot of the experiences with this substance, especially that last one up there, remind me very much of my own experiences with memantine.

A lot of the experiences with this substance, especially that last one up there, remind me very much of my own experiences with memantine.

Can you expand on that a bit for me? I'd like to understand if I've got the dose somewhere around where it needs to be or whether this type of substance just won't do it for me.

Sorry guys, I remembered the diagnostic criteria for serotonin syndrome wrong... Here it is:
1. Recent addition or increase in a known serotonergic agent
2. Absence of other possible aetiologies (infection, substance abuse, withdrawal, etc.)
3. No recent addition or increase of a neuroleptic agent
4. At least three of the following symptoms:
Mental status changes (confusion, hypomania)
Agitation
Myoclonus
Hyperreflexia
Diaphoresis
Shivering
Tremor
Diarrhoea
Incoordination
Fever
Note the exclusion of SS in cases of "substance abuse". You can easily fulfill 3 of those criteria even on a moderate dose of various recreational serotonergic drugs. Additionally, it does not seem Diphenidine is serotonergic at all and the criteria call for a "known serotonergic agent", reversing this and saying a drug must be serotonergic because you were hyperthermic is just plain wrong.

It's possible that MXP is a serotonergic agent, there is nothing documented yet to suggest that it is, but I can see where Magickal was coming from - I experienced a large number of symptoms that could be considered signs of serotonin crisis. Given that I have some pretty extensive experience with Diphenidine by now (pre-market availability), the consistent factors were a marked raise in blood pressure and tremor, but those could just as easily be signs of the DRI mechanism in action. The excessive temperature rise and the seizure are the anomalies, and that's what makes it seem possible that MXP has (potentially more than one) SERT mechanism at work. Not certain, but possible.

The doctor's notes on the drug confirmed that my experience was not isolated, either. There have been other seizures on this drug.

Experimented with this twice now, the later resulting in one of the strongest dissociative experiences I've had since an ungodly amount of MXE.
There seems to be a tipping point around the 150mg mark that sends you into another dimension/s and prolongs the experience substantially.
The first attempt at 100mg orally produced more of a fuzzy, slightly manic stimulant effect, and a long afterglow the next day.
The 2nd painted my brains against the ceiling and left me feeling pretty emotionally and mentally drained upon returning to reality.
Not as recreational as MXE or Ketamine for me. It's lacking that warm, almost opiate like glow as well as the empathic qualities of MXE, but it certainly sends you traveling through the outer depths of time and space as good as, if not more so than middle of the range ket or high quality MXE.

I'm kind of a newbee in pharmacology, but my first idea was that the methoxy group will add a serotonin action to the big cerebral jimjam. I'm happy that i guess it rigth héhé.

But will diphenidine and methoxphenidine have an opioide-like action ? I will have a sample of each soon and will report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.