• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

We need HELP quitting Synthetic Weed (Potpurri, Spice, K2,Shit,Hell)

Jordie

Greenlighter
(*Sorry Mods didn't know where this bad boy went.*)

Hey there,
s
First off I will give you guys a quick run down of our situation. No long story about how we got started and our horrible experiences. There are plenty of stories online, google Synthetic Weed Side Effects and you will see enough...

As for We, I am refering to Me and my Fiance'. We have been smoking this synthetic "weed" for over a year now. We are dead broke and done with the shit, time to feel normal again and be a function citizen. Here is the run down:

She has decided to quit cold turkey, now we have both felt the mad withdrawal from this stuff and we cant stand it. But she insisted that she can only do it this way. I on the other hand am taking a taper approach. We are not addicted but simply stuck in a bad dependence.

Lets start off with her. We need help getting her stomach to feel back to normal or atleast to feel better so she can sleep and hold down liquids. The last time she smoked was 32 hours ago. She has been throwing up, hot/cold flashes, sweating, crying, wanting to jump out of her skin, tired, can't sleep, eat, even open a 2 liter bottle of soda right now.

Here are the list of medications that I have been regulating her on to help take down the symptoms. She has stated that it has helped her a little bit but its still not taking off that edge. Medications include:

Antihistamines
Meclizine (Nausea, Vomiting)
Imodium
Tums
Lifesavers (Mint)
7-Up
(For those of you that are wondering what helps these do, but we need more)

Please help her out, the poor thing just wants to get done with this shit so we can move on with our lives.
Please give advice on meds, herbals, techniques, anything that can help!

As for me, I am just looking for a good taper plan, any good technique to use? We are both very mentally strong and have no intent on turning back.

Thanks for the advice and help!

-J and Company.

I've seen plenty of case reports that display some surprisingly horrific withdrawal symptoms from JWH. I've even seen it first hand so I emphasize with you.

I think you have a assembled a semi-decent group of medications. The most one which will help would probably be the loperamide (immodium). It's an opioid so it might take away a good chunk of the symptoms. Be careful not to take too much as it carries a risk of dependance and withdrawal itself.

There's really not much anyone can recommend that would help the physiological symptoms. If she's throwing up perhaps you should put her on a proper anti-emetic like domperidone (motillium). Get some melatonin, valerian, and st. johns wort to help with anxiety and insomnia.

In the end though, the most important thing is you and her tough it out for a week or so until the symptoms subside. If the symptoms get out of control, don't hesitate to go the hospital and visit a doctor. Best of luck.

Homeless -> Sober Living

Wait, you can get addicted to synthetic weed? I'm not trying to poke fun here, I just seriously don't know anything about this. Please inform me. I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch, I just wish I knew more about this so I could offer some advice.

Why did you turn to synthetic weed and not regular weed? I had no idea you could be physically addicted to synthetic weed. Sounds a lot like opiate withdrawal based on symptoms.

I'd stay far away from weed if I knew withdrawals were to come. Instead I smoke med weed to help with my opiate problems of the past.

^What help is that? "You shouldn't have used it in the first place"? They're trying to stop using it, what more do you want? OP, I would have suggested diphenhydramine/promethazine but you say you're already using antihistamines. Ginger is a useful herbal antiemetic, and you can use things like valerian to relax, but I'm not sure how helpful they'll be in such a severe case. I'd be careful with St. John's wort, it has a very complicated action and can potentially interact with many other drugs. Best of luck.

That's no help. It's me asking WHY synthetic weed over med/green for my own knowledge.

Addictive 'Spice Gold' Causes Withdrawal Syndrome

A clinical report from Dresden supports the impression that "Spice Gold" is strongly addictive. In the current edition of Deutsches Arzteblatt International (Dtsch Arzteblatt Int 2009: 106[27]: 464-7), Ulrich S. Zimmermann, from Dresden Technical University, and his colleagues describe a young man who developed physical withdrawal symptoms after regular consumption of this designer drug, accompanied by a dependence syndrome.

Since 22 January 2009, "Spice Gold" has been subject to the German Narcotics Law. This means that production, free trade and possession are forbidden - but initially for only a year. There will be a permanent regulation at the end of the year. More information about "Spice Gold" is currently being collected. The authors' case report is a scientific contribution to this discussion.

When he came to the hospital, the patient had been consuming "Spice Gold" daily for eight months. Because of the loss of activity, he had rapidly increased the daily dose from 1 g to 3 g. He felt continuous craving for the drug and this caused him to carry on consuming it, in spite of the cognitive impairment it caused him. This led him to neglect his duties at his workplace and he was now threatened with unemployment.

He had already been forced to be abstinent for a time, because of a bottleneck in supplies, and this had triggered typical withdrawal symptoms, such as internal unrest, tremor, palpitations, headache, nausea, vomiting, depression and desperation. These symptoms had abruptly disappeared when he started consuming spice once again. He suffered similar symptoms during drug withdrawal in hospital.

The authors interpret the symptoms as indicating a typical withdrawal disease, very probably due to the admixture of synthetic cannabinomimetics.

Source:
Dr. Stephan Mertens
Deutsches Aerzteblatt International

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/157124.php

For some case studies read:
Withdrawal Phenomena and Dependence Syndrome After the Consumption of "Spice Gold"

Man, that is crazy. I'm so glad I smoke actual weed instead. As far as withdrawals go you just have to suffer through. Obviously take things like benadryl and loperamide to help with the lack of sleep and stomach issues, at least that's what has worked for me. I also seem to feel much better after smoking some marijuana but I'm not sure this is an option for you. I'm sorry that this happened to you, those symptoms sound really harsh, that type of stuff should be completely illegal.

Just like the real deal. Time...
I was using that crap quite allot before detox/ rehab in August.
haven't had it since. Wasn't a problem withdrawing ect...
Just time away from it.
It's actually quite addictive. It's short acting so that's a text book addictive drug. The high is intense and short lived. Just like Coke, Xanax, Ritalin ect... You keep redosing and take more than you would with actual cannibis. The hangover is also allot less pronounced bordering on 0.
I could suggest a many a method to get through the month that it takes to get over it but the mods here are not exactly forgiving in terms of members suggesting benzos ect... Usually for good reason if you're not familiar with them. They are super sneaky addictive drugs.
Saying that though... If you're not valium tollerant at all then a 50 pack of 5 mgs Diaz would make the detox allot easier than almost anything. I'm suggesting 1 box. No more. Benzo addiction is a whole different ball game.

Only suggesting benzos as this spice shit is surprisingly addictive and widthdrawal from research chemicals is serious business.

Other than that. Loose leaf camomile tea. Sounds gay but its a god send

It can definitely fuck you up bad, like hunter said it's textbook addictive. When I smoked blends I'd smoke more often than I'd like to admit. Always Js with filters, not sure if it mattered though.
I quit smoking them almost 3 years ago because I felt like they were making my stomach problems worse. I'd always had a sensitive stomach but while I was smoking blends I got sick to the point I had to see a GI doc and have been chronically ill since (hopefully not from blends, no evidence to show that, but they certainly didn't help the way the real thing does for CD).