• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

shimazu

Ex-Bluelighter
and im watchin John Wall play against the Sixers right now with some major jealousy going on. Probably one of my favorite players to watch at this point in time

the more I think about it, the Nets are a pretty solid team, dark horse to win the championship in a sport with no dark horses really.

I say

western conference finals: Thunder over Warriors
eastern conference finals: Heat over Pacers
Finals : Thunder over heat

well fuck you as I just bumped the old one
Ill skip the details

I think the Pacers win it this year

I was gonna say Heat over Nets to stir the pot really

It's going to be an interesting season
I'm not buying the Nets...KG is like my age and Pierce too
the body starts hurting man..and Im in good shape

nah theyre gonna be a tough out in the playoffs, proba finish like 3-5th in the east and deron williams is still an all star type player imo

brook lopez had a breakout year last year, and as much of a pussy as he is, Paul Pierce can still score with the best of them

if kg can consistently hit that 18 footer theyre a real good team, because that's what most teams are going to live with giving up. I watched that shit on the celtics when they bear the sixers in the playoffs recently, such a painful way to lose. Nothing really flashy or entertaining, just KG and Brandon Bass taking warm up shots over and over

I think the Pacers win it this year

I most certainly hope so, as I am officially rooting for the Indiana Pacers to take it all, this year

Blog-Photo--Roy-Hibbert-blocks-Carmelo-Anthony.jpg

At some point we have to come to a realization that Udonis Haslem is no longer an NBA player. His +/- this season is -20, even though Miami is +7. This is because nobody really bothers to cover him any more. So our offense is stagnant when he's in there.

Also, Chris Bosh is a dork!

There is something magical happening in Philly.

Michael Carter-Williams is gonna be a great NBA point guard. especially once he gets bigger in like 2 years

I want to see Melo go to the 76ers

I dont

I want to see them lose every single game

or at least enough to be top 3 lotto %

but it is cool while it lasts I guess

There is something magical happening in Philly.

Michael Carter-Williams is gonna be a great NBA point guard. especially once he gets bigger in like 2 years

I want to see Melo go to the 76ers

yeah - how about Michael Carter-Williams, Shimaz-bro?!?!

sheeeyit. I specifically remember your doom and gloom, Negative Nancy-ass, prancing all about this thread and crying like some sort of punk azz ballerina about your DOOMED 76ERS!!!

you got MC-W and he out-fucking-played Derrick Rose, man! also you got Nerlens Noel's goofy-looking ass - and excuse my ignorance - but is Noel playing yet or is he on IR or whateves??

hes out for the year

and this is the NBA BRO

You need more than one guy, I think MCW can be a good player but do you really think theyre gonna beat the Heat or Pacers 4 out of 7 times?

its a fluke right now, and if the ultimate goal is to win the championship, you gotta suck for a little bit. Derrick rose is overrated if you ask me anyway. Great slasher but cant shoot for shit and maybe its just the team around him but ive seen much better passers

My God just enjoy it while it lasts!

Derrick rose is overrated if you ask me anyway. Great slasher but cant shoot for shit and maybe its just the team around him but ive seen much better passers

I agree. Lilliard and Parker and Irving and Westbrook and Paul and a few others are way above him. He's like a selfish version of Rondo.

Derrick Rose . . . Overrated?

MVP awards in the last 5 years:

Lebron James - 4
Derrick Rose - 1

I would take Rose over any other point guard in the league without even thinking about it

Comparing him to Lillard, Irving, and even Westbrook is just foolish.

Tony Parker and Chris Paul I will admit are the 2 closest to his skill level

Just wait until December comes around and you'll remember why Rose was once the league MVP

My God just enjoy it while it lasts!

this

and you should also heed your own advice, 23536! I have a feeling LBJ will be taking the first flight back to Ohio once his Miami contract runs up. he is just the type, overtly emotional and hyper-sensitive to criticism, that he would want to leave the NBA on good terms with his hometown of crAkron (which is essentially a Southern Suburb of Cleveland)

Id take John Wall over Derrick Rose

so much smoother driving to the basket. DRose always makes circus layups at the rim but theyre still worth the same two points as a regular layup. Whats the point of getting to the foul line if you arent reliably sinking them? That's what killed him when he was on Memphis, they had that Natl Championship locked up if he makes those free throws but he clanks the first one, Chalmers hits that 3, and I happened to win my bracket because of Kansas' comeback but still

overrated

Pacers @ Pistons tonight 6:30 CT

Shit is about to get real

You better watch mikeo

Warriors are killin it!

I probably wont watch more than a couple games before the playoffs, but the fact that they are finally a good team has drastically increased my interest in the NBA.

Oh you should be interested. They are definitely one of the top teams in the league and also I'd say one of the more entertaining teams to watch

Curry, Thompson, Igadoula, Lee, Bogut

That is a pretty solid starting 5. And you guys by far have the best home court advantage in the league..even better than OKC and Indiana
You should try to go to a game this year, I bet you would have a blast

Guess we'll find out if they can make it past the Spurs and Thunder in the playoffs.... also watch out for the Timberwolves people... extremely underrated team