Ecstasy Harm Reduction Survey

akdavis

Bluelighter
Hello!

I am a graduate student in psychology conducting a study about the use of harm reduction by people who use MDMA/ecstasy. You can verify my identity and see my recent scientific publications at the following web page:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alan_Davis6

Your responses to this study will be completely anonymous. I will ask you for an email address so that you can participate in a brief follow-up in about two months. However, your email address will not be connected with your responses and I will keep it in a password-protected file on a password-protected computer in a locked office in the Psychology Building where I work at Bowling Green State University.

Also, I will not share your email address with any other person or organization.
Also, as incentive to participate and to “pay it forward” I will donate $5.00 to Pill Reports/Bluelight for each participant who completes all study materials at both time points (up to a total of $250.00).

If you are interested in reading more about my study before you decide to participate, please visit the following secure link:

URL DELETED AT END OF DATA COLLECTION (Alan Davis)

Please contact the primary investigator, Alan K. Davis, M.A., at [email protected] or call him at 419-372-4503 with any questions.

Cheers,

Alan
Alan K Davis, M.A.
Doctoral Candidate – Clinical Psychology
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who has participated so far! If you know of someone who might be interested in helping me out with this project - please consider sending them the link.

Cheers,
Alan

Thanks Everyone!

I have finished collecting data on this phase of my ecstasy harm reduction project. Approximately 340 participants completed all or most of my measures and will be contacted in about two months for the brief follow-up. Thanks again to everyone who participated!

Cheers,
Alan

Ah man I missed it! Would've loved to have filled out your survey! Keep us posted with the results.

Ah man I missed it! Would've loved to have filled out your survey! Keep us posted with the results.

Thanks for your interest. I will definitely post a summary of the results here when they are available!

Cheers,
Alan

Thanks to everyone who participated in the pilot study. The main study (which was the second study in this research line), is now published in the journal: Psychology of Addictive Behaviors.

Summary of key finding:
This is the first article demonstrating predictors of intention to employ and actual use of harm reduction strategies among MDMA/ecstasy consumers. It suggests that clinicians and harm reduction workers should consider developing materials and interventions aimed at increasing positive attitudes, social norms, and confidence to employ harm reduction strategies, as a means to increase the use of pill testing/pill checking (i.e., drug checking) among users.

Please see the link below to the full text: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._reduction_strategies_among_MDMAecstasy_users

cheers,
Alan

is this till going? 2012?

Hello, As you might note in the last comment before yours, the study is complete and the manuscript detailing the results is now published. you can follow the link to access the manuscript free of change on Research Gate.

Cheers,
Alan