• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

carpet surfing for shards

I’ve never felt that compulsion. And I used to do it. A lot.

I tend to be logical and totes efficient so I know I didn’t waste any and realize it’s not safe to IV drugs that were on the bare ground.

Lol I made this thread over 5 years ago. Hey guys I'm still around. This was at the beginning of my drug addiction. Oh if you could see me now..

Lol I made this thread over 5 years ago. Hey guys I'm still around. This was at the beginning of my drug addiction. Oh if you could see me now..

Are you addicted? Are you interested in perhaps quitting sometime or cutting back? I'm here and so is the Sober/Healthy Living sub-forum if you want to talk about it. Even if you're not ready to quit or don't want to you can come by and talk about it with us.

How are you? I hope you are well, take care.

It's funny, I own a neurology/clinical psychiatry textbook and there's actually an entry for this kind of thing in it (listed under "cocaine foraging behavior", lol...it's about crack, not meth, but same basic phenomena)

It's funny, I own a neurology/clinical psychiatry textbook and there's actually an entry for this kind of thing in it (listed under "cocaine foraging behavior", lol...it's about crack, not meth, but same basic phenomena)

Stimulants especially methamphetamine but to some degree cocaine cause a set of compulsive behaviors, tic like behaviors. Some people itch due to the tactile sensations. Some people pick at their skin. Some people clean even if the house is already clean. Some people thumb through the floor for more (GROSS). Some people peek out the windows because they're fucking paranoid freaks who shouldn't be using speed (IF YOU DON'T ENJOY IT DON'T USE IT). Some people will have stereotypical repetitive body part motions like rolling fingers together, etc.

It's really hard to explain until you've witnessed it in a variety of people and situations.

As you have a book that probably has more information than I do, want to share what it says? It might enlighten my understanding of these kinds of behavior people exhibit.

Oh and the whole "if you don't enjoy it don't use it" and "gross" isn't directed at you Burnt Offerings, it's just a general hint for anyone who might be doing these things. They are off-putting to others, even other meth users who don't exhibit these symptoms. I've seen these types of behaviors in so many people that I now believe methamphetamine is basically poisonous for like 50-90% of the population, and only a few people can handle themselves and perform well on it.

Who the fuck regularly spills shit on the ground anyway?

Apparently the guy who lived in my house before me. I think he had some sort of lab going here and there are camera holes and wires and crazy tweaker shit everywhere in my house. Anyways, I randomly started finding small bead-sized crystals ALL OVER the carpet in the main bedroom. Holy fuck I probably found a half a gram when all was said and done and I got spun the fuck out for free! Never would have imagined.

Who the fuck regularly spills shit on the ground anyway?

Well if you have a bag close to you on a table/desk for hours every day you might potentially leave it open, or other random stuff like, yesterday I was moving the bag and I just swiped the glass pipe I had just put down with the bottom of it, producing a small hole through which some of the 2FMA spilled before I realized WTF was happening.
One thing that saves me from carpet searching is the fact that I have a cat, so immediately after I spill I clear every area that might possibly have been contaminated.
So I know there is nothing to look for if it comes to my mind.

Stimulants especially methamphetamine but to some degree cocaine cause a set of compulsive behaviors, tic like behaviors. Some people itch due to the tactile sensations. Some people pick at their skin. Some people clean even if the house is already clean. Some people thumb through the floor for more (GROSS). Some people peek out the windows because they're fucking paranoid freaks who shouldn't be using speed (IF YOU DON'T ENJOY IT DON'T USE IT). Some people will have stereotypical repetitive body part motions like rolling fingers together, etc.

It's really hard to explain until you've witnessed it in a variety of people and situations.

As you have a book that probably has more information than I do, want to share what it says? It might enlighten my understanding of these kinds of behavior people exhibit.

Oh and the whole "if you don't enjoy it don't use it" and "gross" isn't directed at you Burnt Offerings, it's just a general hint for anyone who might be doing these things. They are off-putting to others, even other meth users who don't exhibit these symptoms. I've seen these types of behaviors in so many people that I now believe methamphetamine is basically poisonous for like 50-90% of the population, and only a few people can handle themselves and perform well on it.

Oh I know all about tweakers and what they get down with, trust me

I don't have the book with me at the moment but it's called "Lexicon of Psychiatry, Neurology & the Neurosciences" by Frank Ayd. Highly recommended by me if you have any interest in the aforementioned topics or pharmacology...it's packed with drug information, some of it quite obscure and interesting

Whenever I've found myself carpet surfing I've realised I've hit another low.

Or when I was crushing up bits of what I thought was subutex and snorting it, only to be told it was bits of wallpaper by my ex.
Yea I've definitely put food crumbs into my crack stem back in the days.

I never did the carpet surfing...... but i have scraped a table for at least an hour trying to rack up a line...... pretty sure most of it was dust or veneer from the table tbh.

I used to do it when i smoked. Sometimes when getting a small shard it would flick from your hand to the floor. I knew id never find it. A lot if times i enjoyed it not for the stuff i would find but because i could trail off in my mind while still being active. I knew the whole time i wouldnt find anything but i could use it as a meditative mode. Spend hours thinking.

Sometimes when i’ve tried to crush a shard in the spoon it’s ricocheted across the room. I have invested serious time hunting them down - sometimes only to find they were stuck to front of my shirt or in my hair.

Its amazing what you can find in hair and beards. Once found a big shard in my beard 2hrs after i ran out.
Just happen to knock it loose. I was like oh damn thats where i lost it.

Last time I had meth, I dd it until it was gone, 3.5 grams. Then a week later I was fiending for stimulants and I went to the carpet in my closet where I had kept it and always weighed it or snorted it or what have you. Like 3 different days, I was able to find enough to get a few good rips. It's a long shag carpet. I probably haven't found them all but the last time I looked I spent way too long without finding anything.

Allegedly meth has antibacterial qualities (at least in solution) so it’s likely no biggie consuming it off the floor (or out of your manky beard or carpet)