• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

Thank you Snolly, I was going to type your second paragraph earlier but I simply couldn't be bothered, and Half-Life 2 seems to have devoured my day. Thank you for being my secretary :)

Thank you Snolly, I was going to type your second paragraph earlier but I simply couldn't be bothered, and Half-Life 2 seems to have devoured my day. Thank you for being my secretary :)

You should've at least given it a go knock, because then there'd be not one, but two paraphrasings of my own 2nd paragraph ;p

Sorry, I wasn't actually complaining about you here. Was illustrating the point that non-drug related threads were becoming prioritized over actual, significant, drug-related news.

It's not too often I agree with you, but you have a point here.

Obviously the social side of the forum is what keeps it ticking and fosters the community atmosphere, but this was largely a byproduct of 'serious' drug / HR-related discussion.

I've nothing against frivolous threads (I've made more than my fair share of them), but when the top 10-or-so threads are not only completely non drug-related but in many cases overlap (as with the hip-hop ones) you have to wonder whether the purpose of the forum is being forgotten to some extent.

Not sure how you're arriving at the "top 10" Sam; I just used the most basic measure - most recent last post, which is the default sort order - and counted 17 drug or HR related threads in the top 40. A sort by views has such threads in the majority. A sort by replies does indeed show that social threads get more posts, but I don't see that as a problem, why would it be? As long as people are getting the information they need, job done.

Although I agree, hip-hop threads can get to fuck. I may wield my merge stick this afternoon.

Not sure how you're arriving at the "top 10" Sam;

I grew up with TOTP and the Top Ten countdown, y'know? Though it was probably referred to as the 'Hit Parade' in your day. ;)

It was an arbitrary number, I'll admit.

Not sure how you're arriving at the "top 10" Sam; I just used the most basic measure - most recent last post, which is the default sort order - and counted 17 drug or HR related threads in the top 40. A sort by views has such threads in the majority. A sort by replies does indeed show that social threads get more posts, but I don't see that as a problem, why would it be? As long as people are getting the information they need, job done.

Although I agree, hip-hop threads can get to fuck. I may wield my merge stick this afternoon.

Not shipping the good drug threads off to other parts of BL would help with the above too

I grew up with TOTP and the Top Ten countdown, y'know? Though it was probably referred to as the 'Hit Parade' in your day. ;)

There is and was no "popularity contest" for piano sonatas :) I rarely watched TOTP, OGWT was always more interesting.

There is and was no "popularity contest" for piano sonatas :) I rarely watched TOTP, OGWT was always more interesting.

Oh yeah, undoubtedly, but that was for adolescents and older folk in the main.

TOTP was a phenomenon, like it or not. And the sexist camerawork was worthy of a PhD thesis.

Sex sells. Do we (the public) really want to see a girl miming badly to a pre-recorded backing track, or would we prefer to look up her skirt?

Well put. :)

And that's why Whispering Bob could never quite pull in the same crowds.

You should've at least given it a go knock, because then there'd be not one, but two paraphrasings of my own 2nd paragraph ;p

I'm going to pretend that I was channelling you and not that I have the reading comprehension of a five year old.

Jesus, I was in a very bad frame of mind last night, and named/numbered the new mental health support thread variously:

- DSM 2
- 304.80 (the DSM IV code for poly-substance addiction)
- Ward 10 (a commonly used reference to a ward at Edinburgh's psychiatric hospital)

I thought better of linking to it from the old thread with a "getting better" link and back with a "getting worse" link; similarly psychosis/neurosis, care in the community/asylums, making more sense/making less sense =D

I think I hit the right choice in the end, am I right? Took me 5 hours to go with Thread II and OLD / NEW :D. 30mg 3-MeO-PCP does not make for good judgement in these matters.

Last edited:
One thing that I've noticed after years of posting in EADD is that there isn't much real life interaction for a forum with so many posters. Meetups often fail and peter out (this may have changed since I was last hanging round), so my vote goes to working on board meets! Good fun for everyone.:)

Do what you want with The Dreamcast one but don't touch the 2Pac one that is about more than Hip Hop

Just noticed this, haha! Ah well you know how it is, the person that says something most recently is the one that must have come up with it. :D

Having said that, although it may feel a bit weird here just now, things have a habit of ebbing and flowing. I'm sure the forum will be on the upswing before long, history suggests it.

;p

Demented yet knock, err mods? =D

Bloody brilliant to see you have made a difference <3

Oh and yeh agree, eadd has its own cycle...ebbs, flows, peaks and troughs. I used to love this about it, it has a pulse all of its own %)

Perhaps the moderators should go on strike until everybody cheers up.