• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol recreational dose

Slash5331

Bluelighter
Hey all, I have some tramadol 50mg pills.

I'm 65Kg / 143lbs and have zero tolerance to any opioids.
17 years old male.. only drug experience is with drinking and cannabis + ecstasy (once).

Just wondering what would be a good dosage for a decent effect considering my background.

Also, if anyone could tell me how long it will last and what i'm likely to feel etc.
Should I split the dosage or take it all at once?

Start with 150mg, wait 2 hours and if the effects are not enough dose another 50mg every hour untill you are satisfied.

If you are worried about getting nauseous you could start with 100mg, though I doubt it will have much effect. You can expect to feel warm and relaxed, it also has antidepressant effects. The effects last about 12-24 hours for me.

If you have no previous experience with opiates/opioids then start with just one or two. After 45 mins or so you can dose 1 more if wish. Just remember, no more than 400mg in 24 hours because of seizures.

As far as how they feel, just google them here on Bluelight and you will get tons of peoples experiences. You may be disappointed with the feeling. I, along with quite a bit of the population, feel absolutely nothing from tramadol. Some people do not process them in a way to get anything out of them.

Just remember start low and go slow. You can always take more but you can never take less.

Last edited:
I get a really strong effect from tramadol. It surpasses the supposedly stronger opioid tapentadol for me. They last really long too, I remember I used to take high doses of tram sometimes when on buprenorphine maintenance and it would keep me out of withdrawals longer than the buprenorphine ever did. Isn't that kind of strange?

So i should take maybe 100mg, then 50mg doses every hour or whatever till i'm sweet?
Also i really would rather not have a seizure, what is the risk of this?

Would not recommend you going over a 150
Start with 50, I know there are people getting nice and jittery from just that

Ive had extensive experience of tramadol for years as I was prescribed it and I would have to vote with the above poster.
Start with 50mg, after an hour have another one if you want too, wait another hour and have another one etc.
If you get to 200mg and arent getting a decent opiate-like buzz (with a slight mood-lift and energetic edge) then bin them off as a bad idea because your liver doesnt have enough of the enzyme responsible to efficiently convert it.
DO NOT keep popping tabs hopeing to find good effects as seizures are a real risk with tramadol.
If you metabolize them well then 100mg will catch you a nice buzz and you wont need more then 200mg. Start low and proceed slow.lol
Also, if your a weed smoker then cannabis synergizes brilliantly woth tramadol.

I'm thinking I will take a 50mg pill and then another like 20 minutes after that. Then i'll see if i feel like taking another.. and smoke a bit of weed too.

Make sure to not eat an hour before or 20 minutes would be too little time to notice the effects, maybe give it 30 minutes

Yeah, you are not going to have any clue what the effects are going to be after 20 mins? Why ask us and have everyone tell you and then do something against the advice anyway?

And yes, if you go over 400 mg you are definately at risk for seizure activity.

20mins isnt even close to being long enough to feel tramadol. An hour should be long enough, regardless of whether youve eaten or not.
If you over do it with tramadol you will be at serious seizure risk, not the spaced out partial seizure kind but the grand mal 'flopping around like a dying fish kind'.
At the least, a small tramadol OD will be very uncomfortable and an experience you will never want to repeat.

20mins isnt even close to being long enough to feel tramadol. An hour should be long enough, regardless of whether youve eaten or not.
If you over do it with tramadol you will be at serious seizure risk, not the spaced out partial seizure kind but the grand mal 'flopping around like a dying fish kind'.
At the least, a small tramadol OD will be very uncomfortable and an experience you will never want to repeat.

Yep, but I'm still fairly sure I'm feeling my flash tabs hit harder when I make sure to wait those 60 minutes

I used to love this shit when it got me high, now it just feels toxic. IMO you SHOULD eat a small meal before taking the tramadol as its always been brutal on my stomach when empty, trust me a small amount of food will not hinder effects, if u even get effects as some people don't metabolize this stuff well. I reccomend dosing 50 mgs every 30 mims till desired effects are felt, dont worry this is on of the few drugs that are actually better to stagger your dose because bioavailability(% of drug absorded) is increased when there is some already in your system. Imo this increases the positive opiate effects and limits the nasty ssri feeling. Remember this stuff lasts like 8 hours with no tolerance and NEVER GO ABOVE 400MGS! If u dont feel effects at 400mgs give up on this drug as chances are ur not a good metabolizer. Be safe, dont combine things that lower seizure threshold either

Hey all, I have some tramadol 50mg pills.

I'm 65Kg / 143lbs and have zero tolerance to any opioids.
17 years old male.. only drug experience is with drinking and cannabis + ecstasy (once).

Just wondering what would be a good dosage for a decent effect considering my background.

Also, if anyone could tell me how long it will last and what i'm likely to feel etc.
Should I split the dosage or take it all at once?

First off i just want to say hi to everyone, im new, i just joined today but i have quite a bit of experience, but to answer your question, IMO it is better to split up the dosage to make it more effective, but just make sure you never exceed the 400mg mark in 24 hours, some would say you can if you have benzo's but i still never would exceed that, but it's your decision my friend, i hope i was of some assistance...be safe and be well :)

Had 150mg and smoked some real strong weed... absolutely amazing.. felt really warm and relaxed and didn't have a worry in the world.. was very euphoric. loved it :)

Cool. Don't worry about the seizure myth, that's bull.
Back in my tram days I started out taking 1-2 pills, then anywheres upwards to 600mg (Not recommend)
Supposedly, the seizure threshold limit is 400mg (lol), but I never had any problems when surpassing the 'Internets recommended dosage advice'

Cool. Don't worry about the seizure myth, that's bull.
Back in my tram days I started out taking 1-2 pills, then anywheres upwards to 600mg (Not recommend)
Supposedly, the seizure threshold limit is 400mg (lol), but I never had any problems when surpassing the 'Internets recommended dosage advice'

This is a harm reduction site..it would suit for you to keep that in mind. It is absolutely wrong for you to tell someone (especially for new users and with little experience) that a dangerous side effect of a drug is a myth just because it didn't happen to you...just not a very smart thing to do.

It is not a 100% that everyone, everytime they go over the maximum recommended safe dose is going to have a seizure but it damn sure isn't a myth. As a nurse and a user I have seen it happen. People don't just make that shit up for fun or to annoy you. It is extremely irresponsible of you and totally against the rules here at BLuelight.

OP, it would be in your best interest to heed the warnings of the majority of the educated and experienced people that are saying that it is unsafe to go over 400mg per day (24 hours) than one person who makes a comment that has no basis except just because "he says so". If you are going to use or abuse drugs,go about it safely!

This is a harm reduction site..it would suit for you to keep that in mind. It is absolutely wrong for you to tell someone (especially for new users and with little experience) that a dangerous side effect of a drug is a myth just because it didn't happen to you...just not a very smart thing to do.

It is not a 100% that everyone, everytime they go over the maximum recommended safe dose is going to have a seizure but it damn sure isn't a myth. As a nurse and a user I have seen it happen. People don't just make that shit up for fun or to annoy you. It is extremely irresponsible of you and totally against the rules here at BLuelight.

OP, it would be in your best interest to heed the warnings of the majority of the educated and experienced people that are saying that it is unsafe to go over 400mg per day (24 hours) than one person who makes a comment that has no basis except just because "he says so". If you are going to use or abuse drugs,go about it safely!

Lets get this straight.
I'm not basing my answer on personal experience. Alright?
Nor am I basing it on popular internet belief. Which, unfortunately, seems to be the foundation of your reply.
Yeah, it's true. He may be at risk for seizures, however, the only people whom are in danger of having a seizure are those who already have a pre-existing condition to seizures.
I don't like myths or when people spread misinformation. Just because you take more than the recommended dose, doesn't mean you're going to have a seizure.
If you currently and/or have experienced seizures in the past, then, yeah, I wouldn't recommend going over the suggested dose. But still, that doesn't mean you're safe if you stay under the recommended dosage.

It's not because "I said so" nor is it because "I heard so" <-- which seems to be your case.
I suggest you do some research on studies before you assume somebody is speaking out of their ass. Alright there, chief?

In a debate like this, it's pretty important to post sources on both parties otherwise it's all just words and we don't like to give out any information as fact without sources to back it up.

Lets get this straight.
I'm not basing my answer on personal experience. Alright?
Nor am I basing it on popular internet belief. Which, unfortunately, seems to be the foundation of your reply.
Yeah, it's true. He may be at risk for seizures, however, the only people whom are in danger of having a seizure are those who already have a pre-existing condition to seizures.
I don't like myths or when people spread misinformation. Just because you take more than the recommended dose, doesn't mean you're going to have a seizure.
If you currently and/or have experienced seizures in the past, then, yeah, I wouldn't recommend going over the suggested dose. But still, that doesn't mean you're safe if you stay under the recommended dosage.

It's not because "I said so" nor is it because "I heard so" <-- which seems to be your case.
I suggest you do some research on studies before you assume somebody is speaking out of their ass. Alright there, chief?

Obviously you did not read my post. Tramadol causing ones seizure threshold to be lowered is not an "internet rumor" but a legitimate issue. Not only am I familiar with the studies I have been a nurse for 20 years and have personal experience. It does not only affect people who have previously had seizures (though they are at a higher risk). Please feel free to back up your claims with a source. I'm sure that if you check here even at BL you will see several members that have had this happen personally also. But I'm sure that they are making it up and spreading "rumors"..everyone else is wrong and you are the only one that is correct!

"By itself, it can decrease the seizure threshold. When combined with SSRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, or in patients with epilepsy, the seizure threshold is further decreased. Seizures have been reported in humans receiving excessive single oral doses (700 mg) or large intravenous doses (300 mg). However, there have been several rare cases of people having grand-mal seizures at doses as low as 100–400 mg orally. [27][28][29]"

"In general populations, seizures have been reported in patients receiving Tramadol within the recommended dosage range..... Although seizures may occur if Tramadol is the ONLY drug that you are taking, some risk factors increase the likelihood that you can experience a seizure or convulsion. The main risk factors are: age, length of use and dosage, concurrent drug use, and medical history."

Warning on medication insert..
"Seizure Risk Seizures have been reported in patients receiving ULTRAM® (tramadol hcl) within the recommended dosage range. Spontaneous post-marketing reports indicate that seizure risk is increased with doses of ULTRAM® (tramadol hcl) above the recommended range."
http://www.rxlist.com/ultram-drug/warnings-precautions.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3658350/

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/does-tramadol-cause-seizures/

[http://www.bioline.org.br/request?pt05031

http://www.bums.ac.ir/shares/Heart/Heart/aza/mehpoor/tramadol%20JMT%20mehrpour.pdf

Last edited: