• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol recreational dose

^^^
Maybe you need to do your research correctly before spouting your opinions as fact? Where are these studies that suggest tramadol ODs wont cause seizures.
The package inserts themselves state that theres an increased risk of seizures (even without pre-existing condition), or maybe the companies under license to produce tramadol get their information off the 'net?.
If were talking about personal experience then I could mention the time a good friend of my partners threw a fit after taking 550mg over about 12hrs, no pre-existing seizure or serious health condition and no other drugs or medication in her system.
So, before bashing other peoples GOOD advice, make sure your facts are straight first, before your advice ends up hurting or killing someone.

Www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19288949
Its a case of a tramadol OD causing seizures, took me about 10 secs to find.
Sorry that I cant link it but im on a phone and camt work out how too.lol

Last edited:
^^^
Maybe you need to do your research correctly before spouting your opinions as fact? Where are these studies that suggest tramadol ODs wont cause seizures.
The package inserts themselves state that theres an increased risk of seizures (even without pre-existing condition), or maybe the companies under license to produce tramadol get their information off the 'net?.
If were talking about personal experience then I could mention the time a good friend of my partners threw a fit after taking 550mg over about 12hrs, no pre-existing seizure or serious health condition and no other drugs or medication in her system.
So, before bashing other peoples GOOD advice, make sure your facts are straight first, before your advice ends up hurting or killing someone.

Www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19288949
Its a case of a tramadol OD causing seizures, took me about 10 secs to find.
Sorry that I cant link it but im on a phone and camt work out how too.lol

Exactly my point. I was not attempting to be condescending (as Junkie was to me) but I was absolutely appalled and amazed that someone would blatantly go against the facts and tell someone not to believe it because it was based on rumor which could cause someone harm if they were to heed his bad advice!

Its scary and a little sad to know that people on here are willing to give such bad advice to more naive users.
Ive noticed however that no studies have appeared in this thread refuting our claims!Lol
Thanks for setting up that link in your post aswell. I know its an extreme case of overdose but I thought it illustrated how easy it is to find credible sources to backup our claims.
I maybe wrong but in sure I read in another study that tramadol was considered at one time as a last-line treatment for opiate addiction but was rejected because of its ability to cause seizures in large doses.
Another study stated that administering naloxone to someone in tramadol OD can initiate seizures, making tramadol OD doubly dangerous in OD.

Last edited:
Its NOT a myth, i remember i took 550mgs one time and within a couple hours all my limbs were jerking uncontrolably. I had to lie face down with my face to the pillow to calm myself down and avoid excessive light or sound. I don't think i could've come closer to a seizure tbh. Nobody take this mans advice regarding this subject, tis nonsense. I should also mention i have no prior seizure history and its unheard of in both sides of my family.

Doctors who prescribe you with more than 400mg a day are breaking the law, 'internet recommended advice' or no, that says enough for you to not use them like a raging hugh laurie
All kinds of therapists also work through internet forum boards, so you'll be a pretty big fool to disregard anything that has to do with with the risks.

And the guy is pretty light, that will play a factor on how much he can swallow in 24- hours

Just for the heck of it, I seizd on just 150mg on my second exprience (I was also pretty skinny back then)

I've been taking tramadol over the last two days due to extreme tooth ache. I just bombed 200mg. They're slow release so I crushed half (100mg) waited half hour and then had the other 100mg whole. I'm also on Valium so I've taken 10mg as I do nocte.

Before yesterday, I had never taken tramadol. All I found after taking 150mg, followed by another 150mg later at night was that I was extremely tired. It just gives me a sedative effect, with relaxation and sometimes energy.
Kind of disappointed to be honest.

I am prescribed Tramadol and bupernorphine.. can you take these two together??
will the bupe block tramadol?
doc says it wont but im not convinced.

Be careful with tramadol. It's a tricky one. If you are BEGINNER:
Pros:
- Helps with mild to moderate pain
- 1-2 pills can give you really nice relaxing and warm feeling
- Like some guys already said - it acts as antidepressant also, if you have a problem/love drama take this 2 pills and it will calm you down.
- Tramadol's effect lasts really long - when I was new to this medicine, even 1 pill made me feel very good for like 8-9 hours.
- It doesn't make you nauseous even if you take it on empty stomach.
- Not that hard to get prescription - In the last 14 months I changed 5 different doctors, every one of them gave me Tramadol prescribtion even when I ASKED FOR IT.
- You don't feel like crap or having hangover after it's effects are gone (for me, Norco and Nucynta for example, made me feel bad, sleepy and little bit depressed when the effects are over)

Cons:
- It IS ADDICTIVE - don't listen what more of the doctors are saying, this can be really addictive if you take it for long time or in larger doses.
- The Withdraw symptoms are horrible - In my personal experience, the withdraw is even worse than some some stronger narcotics like Nucynta, Vicodin, Norco etc.
- It doesn't really help with some minor pains like Headache, Stomach aches or similar to this kind. It is good only for bone, joint and muscle pain.
- It needs long time to start working - you will start feeling it's effect after 1 hour from the time you took it, the peak starts in another 1 hour. That's total of 2 hours until you start feeling the full potential of the pill.
- It doesn't cause to feel euphoria.

In my personal experience - if you keep taking no more than 2 pills per day, you will be good taking it for a looong time. If you slip just a little bit (like I did) and star taking more - 2 pills at a time, your body will adjust very fast to the higher dose and it won't take long until stars to ask more and more. You will stop feeling it effects and get addictive. Then even if you take 10-15 pills you will feel it like a regular Tylenol. The recommended limit is 400mg which is 8x50mg pills. Well I don't know about that because I reached a point taking 20 of it !!! NOt every day ofc, but as soon as I get my refill (my doc gives me 100 pills every 10 days) the first day I am always taking 18-20 pills I don't know why I am even doing it but still I feel absolutely NOTHING. Then I am taking 10 pills per day just to get moving ... and still I don't feel very good. So BE CAREFUL. Don't take more than 100mg (unless you really need it for pain) per day. If you see the effect is wearing off, stop taking it for about a week and you can start again.

I don't know if you were trolling or not Patrick, I just UA'd the lastest block of poor taste posts.

Nothing personal.

Tramadol is not a recreational drug, folks. Max for a whole day is 450mg. Feels like a single Vicodin. Fun!

-->Archive.

I take of tramadol and benzo 3 grams 2 mgclonazrpam it makes me wewrfull and dosent givea fuck every day 1,5 grams Im on o;anzapine 2.5 ,g for sleep

I take 3 grams and 6mg clonazpam every week end on .. work days I take 400 in the morning and 400 afternion and 400 and night it givs me a cocaine high its good socializing and not giving a fuck .. getting girls