• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

^ Bikers are the main reason meth isn't in Chicago... long story there.

Meth is tied with iv coke for me in terms of addiction.

Oh I believe I know that story, makes a lot of sense now. I went to rehab with a dude from a certain part of Chicago who was there for meth and I was like wait wut???? Get that now....

well, one thing that for certain is very very addictive is pure fentanyl. It makes a person want to keep doing it and doing it and trying to get as high as possible.
Then, tolerance goes up and then you're in trouble when you either run out or can't get it anymore.

i bought China White a few times which here in Cali has Fentanyl in it not heroin. The couple of times I smoked it I passed out right where I was sitting. One time I went for a walk, smoked some, and passed out outside, overnight on the sidewalk. I woke up to this guy saying, ?Hey bro, are you ok man? Bro, are you ok??
Too strong to enjoy and I wasn?t opiate na?eve, I had a gram a day habit of tar.

Gosh, alcohol, benzos (long acting) and heroin. They are all painful, but heroin because it is so short acting is easy relatively with a realistic taper.
I used to take xanax almost daily, but only at night and never developed a dependence. I once mistakenly got clonazolam and boy was I hooked, and the PAWS lasted for months. Thats probably what got me started on alcohol. Makes you feel like shit all the time and yet you still need it. At 1 PM and you hands are shaking and blood pressure goes through the roof. I'm alcohol is difficult to get addicted to, but hard to kick.

Beprenorphine is a whole nother ball of wax. It's a super powerful partial agonist getting off that is a nightmare.

So I'm gonna say heroin IS the most addictive, but certainly not the hardest to give up. There are other opioids and benzos that really do a number on your brain chemistry. IF your going to do a drug, stick with the shortest acting ones.

Nicotine as its the only constant that i'm unable to kick....although had various other substances been legal and / or easily obtainable then i'd say crack for pure 'moreish' qualities....

Kratom, that shit gets me more hooked than heroin. Freebase Coke too but it's super easy to get over the Kratom shit is the hardest shit I ever kicked.

opiods, benzos...

Gosh, alcohol, benzos (long acting) and heroin. They are all painful, but heroin because it is so short acting is easy relatively with a realistic taper.
I used to take xanax almost daily, but only at night and never developed a dependence. I once mistakenly got clonazolam and boy was I hooked, and the PAWS lasted for months. Thats probably what got me started on alcohol. Makes you feel like shit all the time and yet you still need it. At 1 PM and you hands are shaking and blood pressure goes through the roof. I'm alcohol is difficult to get addicted to, but hard to kick.

Beprenorphine is a whole nother ball of wax. It's a super powerful partial agonist getting off that is a nightmare.

So I'm gonna say heroin IS the most addictive, but certainly not the hardest to give up. There are other opioids and benzos that really do a number on your brain chemistry. IF your going to do a drug, stick with the shortest acting ones.

I hear ya buddy

gotta say ... opioids are the most addictive, but benzos have the worst WD and detox. I've been through easily 5 g Bu-Fent, 100g U-447700, and a bunch of others. Yeah, not a high point in my life. Kinda died a couple times- it SUCKS to wake up surrounded by first responders and trying to figure out what to tell the kids. I did indeed kick them. But can't have any access to any cuz then they are gone. So, physical stuff and PWS all gone for more than a year... but there is not enough willpower in the world to keep me away if it is handy.

And stimulants, which I mostly can't live without. But at least I'm not cooking my own meth or anything ... like I did as a child (well past the statute of limitations now; I'm in my mid 50s). Unrestricted access to as much as I could make... ouch. Luckily I could only make a few g at a time and had to get my shit together for personal and professional reasons or I'd be dead. Luckily, I have access to enough welbutrin that I use that and usually stay away from other stims. If only because it blocks the effects of anything below 20 mg dexamphet.

Now- the WORST detox/withdrawl was without a doubt benzos. Which in and of themselves, I truly can't stand on their own. But for a few months I used etizolam to counteract speed/cathinone jitteryness and insomnia, and so got inadvertently and powerfully dependent.

It took most of 6 months, under a physician's care, to get the fuck off of them. The first week was the worst- I had to titrate UP to an effective amount of dizepam, no more than 1x2mg tab every 2 hours. Absolute hell. At the worst of it I didn't sleep for 2 days and not even heroic and usually lethal amounts of opioids (5 mg BuF every 1/2 to 1 hour) barely took the edge off. wow. now that I've written it out, that is truly amazing, and not in a good way.

And I'm working on that AGAIN; same reason. Strangely, etizolam does not fog my head like diazepam or other common prescription benzos- I actually can remember things even on high-ish doses, yet 5mg of valium has a 50/50 chance of ruining my memory of the time under the influence.

Opiates for me were extremely habit-forming, especially pain killers (synthetic heroin). But in the long run the hardest, most difficult drug for me to quit or even cut back on is nicotine (cigarettes).

Speedball injection of Oxy?s & like 60% pure (~based on how much left after acetone wash, not the most accurate method but gets rid of most of the cuts out there) cocaine hands down, 6 seizures doing that, was always fine w/ dilaudid & yeyo, but never oxys. However the most intense experience this guy ever had on a substance was ~3000-6000 mics of reeeeeeeally good LySergic D., this dumbass decided sucking on a vial after already droppin? ~300 mics, for his 21stBD, now THAT was not a good trip; never is when it lands you in jail for longer than a day O____o

I used to be an Addictions CN (until I realized US federally approved & only formTx of addiction Ins. Co. Accepted, was, in fact the LEAST effective & most damaging to individuals whos? addictions were just symptoms of a deeper problems such as trauma or other significant mental health issue (usually trauma, because the ?addiction ? was actually the most effective coping mechanism that particular human brain could use to prevent psychosis or psychiatric breakdown of INCREDIBLY painful proportions).

I realized/learned/discovered this when I got my masters in social work, & I had my own neurological breakdown; in the form of: loss of motor control, vertigo,& migraines; one so bad I collapsed in front of hospital screaming in agony, it took 3 shots of fentynal administratored by a nurse (then a doctor, apparently it was apolicy after the first 2 shots, if another?s needed, prolly to avoid ODing desperate junkies doin? the ER Hustle?n?shuffle) not sure on mg per each, (I should tho huh? I can look it up on my medRecs...didn?t need to type these inner thoughts...weird brain, drugs?l do that & thus make it weirder & if u do?em rite; stronger) BUT I HARDLY FELT SHIT! You kno Yer in some serious pain (psychosomatic pain is real pain y?all, fukwut?chu heard) if you don?t even catch a high offa fentynal . ANYways...

I wanted to share that , @least according the most recent studies & research as of 2012 (....when I got educated & said FUCK being a facilitator of an ineffective & damaging treatment of problematic drug use), the only drugs withdrawal that can kill a person: are alcohol & benzodiazepines, basically all central nervous system depressants withdrawal can kill on its own. However there are exceptions in regards to other preexisting medical complications that heroin or other substance withdrawal can aggravate & the combo of the 2 can kill

Being a life long heroin user and done every drug possible. I must say stay away from H... The withdrawals are hell and 5-6 days of death. If you do not try it then you will not be called back to it till death.

I've done all the "most addictive drugs", these are my experiences with my body chemistry

Crystal Meth - Smoking is actually more addicting than shooting, I think. There's something about those huge hits you get from a quag and a torch. Also hot rails are super fun. Honestly I think the best part of this drug is using it. The euphoria you get from good gak is rad too, but like a good friend said you pay for your high while you are loaded, not so much after. This drug becomes addicting for the energy it provides, it becomes a crutch.

Cocaine - Much more addictive and with a higher quality, though shorter lived, high than crystal. Cocaine provides a completely different experience when IV'd than sniffed. And smoking it is amazballs too. The problem is the compulsion the drug drops on your ass. For me benzos and/or heroin are a must to use before the last shot or bowl of crack.

Heroin - The best drug in existence. The king of kings. The kick is the purest of hells.

OxyCodone - The most painful kick of all time.

Methadone - The worst kick of all time, due to the duration. Not as bad as heroin but lasts 10x as long,.

Benzos - So long as you keep enough to taper back down before running out you can be okay, but build up a habit and run out expect a trip to the hospital.

I feel this on a real note. Alcohol is horrid and so addicting, and the only reason im sober is because i have to be because of probation. which sucks a lot because i never thought id be like this but i am and alcohol still controls everything around me. including my job, cuz im a bartender. truly sucks, but i guess at least i have the will power not to do it anymore. also i have to breathalyze 3 times a day. so that helps too..

In order:

1) Alcohol
2) Opiates
3) Benzodiazepines/Amphetamines [tie]
4) SSRI's [I have psychotic depression so get severely, suicidally depressed if I stop Zoloft]
5) Barbiturates
6) Cocaine
5) Muscle Relaxers
6) Z-Drugs

I smoke but am not listing nicotine as I don't feel it's that addictive.

There isn't one.

By which I mean, how addictive you find a particular drug varies on a person by person basis.

For example, a lot of people find meth seriously addictive. I've tried meth a bunch of times along with other stimulants, but ive never had any trouble stopping for long periods of time. I haven't used meth in well over a year.

It's highly addictive as a drug, but not for me.

Opioids on the other hand, many people try them, then stop, and never touch them again. I know people who've tried opioids, found them somewhere between meh and OK then put them down effortlessly and never touched them again. Some people don't find them that addictive. But for me, it was love at first sight. From the moment I tried my first opioid drug, I was hooked, and ive never entirely gotten away since. Obviously I wasn't physically dependent right away, but I was hooked right away.

But not everyone's going to have that reaction. So for me it's opioids, heroin especially, but mostly opioids as a class.

But other people have different predispositions. It's not even just drugs, sex and gambling can be very addictive to some people, yet nothing to someone else.

So, there is no absolute single most addictive drug if you ask me.

Not completely sure, but disregarding personal preference, Carfenanyl is incredibly powerful and will bring a user to physical dependence rather quickly. 5000 times stronger than heroine mg per mg, Wikipedia says.