• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

as Guido say, it's all relative to the person, however to answer the question for me, I find meth to be pretty addictive, but only in small quantities, after that I just get really cracked out and want it to end...

Guido -> yes I think that is the case to a degree, but surely there is still a scientific basis for one drug being more addictive than another. Or with more potential to cause addiction than another. For example there are drugs in which you can get hooked after just using a few times, and others take several months or even years of regular use to become an addict. So wouldnt it make sense to state that, although each individual may have a tendancy towards one class of drug over another, there is still a scientific base for one drug being more addictive than another?

^ Indeed when you get down to brass tacks, namely physical and mental withdrawal symptoms.

Benzos could rate as the most addictive drug because the withdrawal can kill you.

But then again marajuana could rate as the most addictive drug because it is the most widley used.

And even then nicotine could rate as the most addictive because of the sever craving one gets from trying to go an extended period of time without a cigarette.

Its actually quite facinating when you think about it. The variables that would corrospond to a scientific base. :D

Uh-oh... You got the gears turning in my head...

Lets get some theories cooking!

Sandbag said:
Agreed nicotine should be way up there, but IMO putting crack higher than heroin is utterly ridiculous. Crack has no nasty physical withdrawal syndrome, and sometimes not even any cravings when it's not physically around and available.

Since there are many factors constituting "addiction," this is yet another unanswerable question IMO. Different drugs are addictive in different ways. For example, some drugs (e.g. strong dopamine reuptake inhibitors) are so fiendish that a person can keep using until on the verge of death, but may have little or no physical withdrawals, and possibly would be easy to leave alone once a person stops their binge for a day or two. Other drugs (e.g. heroin) don't cause a desire to compulsively re-dose, but the physical sickness prevents a person from quitting..

Last edited:
MDPVagrant said:
Agreed nicotine should be way up there, but IMO putting crack higher than heroin is utterly ridiculous. Crack has no nasty physical withdrawal syndrome, and sometimes not even any cravings when it's not physically around and available.

Since there are many factors constituting "addiction," this is yet another unanswerable question IMO. Different drugs are addictive in different ways. For example, some drugs (e.g. strong dopamine reuptake inhibitors) are so fiendish that a person can keep using until on the verge of death, but may have little or no physical withdrawals, and possibly would be easy to leave alone once a person stops their binge for a day or two. Other drugs (e.g. heroin) don't cause a desire to compulsively re-dose, but the physical sickness prevents a person from quitting..
I am guessing that the list that was generated for the website based some of their results on variables like relapse-rates that do not pertain directly to the form of withdrawl caused by the drug.

hmm, just reading that list... some "experts" if they think that LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, MDMA etc should be on the list (let alone get a score of around 20/100). To my knowledge they are completely unaddictive both psychologically and physically.

insanit_e said:
hmm, just reading that list... some "experts" if they think that LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, MDMA etc should be on the list (let alone get a score of around 20/100). To my knowledge they are completely unaddictive both psychologically and physically.

well your knowledge is wrong, plenty of people have become psychologically dependent on mdma and even lsd and mushrooms.

I suspect it's a personal thing as to which drug is the most addictive... some people will be more susceptible to certain drugs than others, due to their unique brain chemistry.

Personally I find dopamine reuptake inhibitors (MDPV, cocaine, certain other research chemicals) to be ridiculously addictive, in terms of it being hard to stop using once I start, as well as hard to resist using if they happen to be around. Almost every single time, the intended 4-8 hours turns into a 2-3 day nonstop roll, and occasionally things get pushed to the breaking point where I start wondering if I'm gonna live through it. That's not even considering the dramatic and far-reaching effects these substances have on my moods and general outlook on life. Unfortunately, it has been "too late" since the first time I tried cocaine back around 1980.

CRACK ... by far ... i've seen ppl become total fiends w drool hanging down from one good blast, begging for more. sick shit.

Since the OP is asking what drug will you get addicted to fastest, I would move heroin down the list. Sure it's physical wd's are top notch, many users don't like the drug all that much their first try. Often people feel nauseous and drowsy; it's a drug that grows on you.

Crack with it's short high will get you addicted quicker. I'd put Ether up there as well.

Addiction is pretty subjective per person IMO.....

But most can not call Crack nor Heroin non addictice :D

Personally, coke and eventually crack fucked me up addiction wise the most.....

Habits are hard to break...good luck.

Merged with another thread regarding people thoughts, opinions, and reasons on what is the most addictive drug and the nature of the addiction.

it would have to be opiates for me byfar, I was addicted to meth and still am. It def lost its fun. Then i tried heroin for the first time.

OPIATES!

Why do you feel opiates are the most addictive? What aspect of these drugs do you find irresistable as opposed to amphetamines?

ClubbinGuido said:
Why do you feel opiates are the most addictive? What aspect of these drugs do you find irresistable as opposed to amphetamines?

I feel opiates are the most addicitive because the euphoria is constant and wonderful. I can relax and as long as family and friend aren't harrassing me about my use everything seems to work really well.

Amphetmines and stimulants make my heart race and everything hurt after a time, with opiates I can use as long as I please... it is truly glorious.

euphoricnod said:
I feel opiates are the most addicitive because the euphoria is constant and wonderful. I can relax and as long as family and friend aren't harrassing me about my use everything seems to work really well.

Amphetmines and stimulants make my heart race and everything hurt after a time, with opiates I can use as long as I please... it is truly glorious.

The real answer is Methadone Or Heroin. Methadone even more, not b/c the high is so great, but b/c the w/ds are so horrible.

This is my first post, but trust me, I used to be like Pablo Escobar except with all kinds of drugs before getting sold out by my own uncle.

I know this from expierence. It's mt DOC also. I'm an addict of every drug (except MDMA) though.

This is an interesting website.

Nicotine, as dispensed by cigarette.

I love em.

They killed my mother.

They'll kill me, too.

bOrPaIdAlTeEyS said:
any type of opiate! other drugs just dont fill my need for euphoria 8) uppers have waaay too bad comedowns and psychedelics are too nerve racking. pot is ok except not enough euphoria! i love having some nods!

My thoughts exactly.