• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The most effective Phenibut Taper

2hung

Greenlighter
I thought it would necessary to post up a taper for Phenibut in which I have most recently used to great success. What I mean with great success is I experienced little to no withdrawals whatsoever, this includes insomnia, the most prevalent of all withdrawals associated with Phenibut.

Let me start off by saying that in order to successfully come off Phenibut you MUST and i mean MUST drop multiple doses to a single dose per day, preferably in the evening. This is absolutely crucial and this single dose should be taken at the same time every evening give or take an hour at the most.

A little bit of my background with phenibut. I started taking the drug for sleep and became hooked to its other many benefits. I was on the stuff for a solid 6 months with some serious abuse at the start taking upwards of 10g per day some days and my body completely fighting it off and giving me some absolutely horrific come down effects similar to those of MDMA. I soon realised what I was doing as pretty bad and dropped my dose to a single 2,000mg dose in the evening for the remaining 5 months.

To start the taper as I suggest you drop your dose to around 2,000mg if you are on a higher dose then this, this shouldnt be too difficult from what i have read from other reports. This may sound counter intuitive but the higher your dose the quicker you can drop your dose. If you are on a 700mg a day habit i suggest your taper to be around the same length as a 2,000mg per day habit taper.

Give your body time to adjust to the new dosing schedule (2,000mg at around 7pm is what i used) This gives the drug its usual 2-4 hours to kick in and give you a decent nights sleep.

The taper is quite simple really. Buy a scales first off (very important) a 0.1g scale will be fine, but for a smaller doser (700mg per day) i suggest a more accurate scale.

Start taper @ 2,000mg day one. The taper will take 20 days. Dropping by 100mg per day or for a smaller habit (700mg per day) 0.3-0.5 per day. Any more then this is far too quick and could lead to withdrawal.

If you are drinking at the weekend leave your dose as is for that night and the next day and then continue as you were.

For examlpe

Thursday 1,500mg
Friday(drinking) 1,500mg
Saturday 1,500mg
Sunday 1,400mg.

This will prolong your taper which isn't really a bad thing and it did not have any effect on mine.

Do this all the way down to your last dose. I dosed my last dose so small that it didnt come up as 0.1g on the scale it still read 0.0g. The following night i still slept like a baby. I didnt use any other drugs during the taper, no sleep aids nothing. There are however some side effects you should know of which I have had since stopping.

Muscle twitches
Rebound Anxiety

Both of which are manageable. You must understand that Rebound Anxiety is quite unavoidable especially if you were using the drug for anxiety in the first place. I think these two are quite alright considering some of the horror stories I have read about people going cold turkey or dropping there doses as much as 500mg per day.

The rebound anxiety will start once you go below around 700mg (from personal experience but this is probably different for everyone)

Anyway I thank you all for reading and PM me for any more details or help if you need it.