• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Occcult/Esotericism

RobotRipping

Bluelighter
yeah so, we do not understand or perceive objects in themselves. Which brings us to the occult.

anyone have any legit fucked up experiences messing around with spiritual awakenings, channeling spirits, receiving special messages, rituals, chaos magick or other unexplained stuff happen?

i'm probably bordering on going into psychosis ATM after a long ass amp/psych binge so figured why not stir the pot and get really weird.

so the shamans, chaos magick practioners and magicians, what are your rituals, symbols, language? what do you see and do in your mind's eye? can we collectively do something significant over the internet?

every time i open this bag of worms i end up in psychosis for some reason but there must be a way to tame this unfiltered power!

so who's with me? let's do some rituals with symbols, language and fucked up shit and see what happens, the crazier the better, stream of consciousness style. Today i felt my skin come off and exit through my astral cord or whatever the fuck that thing is that feels like a ball of energy behind my neck. I can tell there are 5 spots of energy in my body, how can i really let it all out?

sorry if this makes no sense, as i mentioned, i'm likely going delusional from malnutrition, sleep dep. and amp/stim/psych binge for the last week. I hope someone understands at least what i'm getting at.

220px-Helm_of_Awe.svg.png

u'll have to hit me with some serious APs first there! until then i'm a mad man on the loose, u'll never get me copper!

as well last night i felt myself detach from this cord like structure (viewed in my third eye as well) and what reattached were 3 different things each clinging on and molding to this bone looking thing. In the past, this has happened and i was able to switch entities or at times become singular which became really confusing.

i know that sounds fucked but seriously, does that not ring a bell to anyone else? other than being a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur?

i'm thinking about symbols, energy, colors. A deep blue color has been persistent in my hands when viewed from my mind. The balls of energy building in my body are light blue, kind of look like balls of static electricity. I can't see them with my eyes but when i close my eyes that's what i see.

the picture i posted, that goes in a circular direction, like propelling itself generating power (well that's how it's moving for me, i know it's static normally). What first comes to mind when seeing that image?

anyway, please don't move this to the lounge lol i promise to keep my craziness contained to this one thread.

this isn't exactly my first time around... i know psychosis inside and out. But put aside the fact that i'm 100% delusional and need to go to sleep but can't/dont wan't to because i'm in a manic state. And fuck it, i read that whole article anyway lol doesn't really talk about people who practice chaos magick, use psychedelics and binge on stimulants and have a tendency to go into psychosis every now and then tho. It's irrelevant as this is a purposeful mission to shut down such faculties of the brain to gain access to and power in other ways that are not perceived.

In other words.. Go full blown delusional?

Stimulant psychosis is dangerous and has the potential to be incredibly harmful to you physically as well as psychologically. It isn't something you should be trying to induce / encourage.

Haha, love this thread!

Yeh, the blue is familiar to me too, I try to induce it! According to some interpretations, the blue colour represents Da'ath (the sphere of higher knowledge, higher consciousness), the hidden Sephirah on the Tree of Life.

Something I like to do when messing around is make sigils. I read of a technique by chaos magician Grant Morrison, in which you write a simple sentence about whatever it is you're looking to accomplish. You then remove all the vowels, and any repeating letters. You then combine the remaining letters into a picture; layering them, reversing them etc. You can then put this up on your wall or where ever and meditate upon it. I've found it can be quite interesting...

And yes, I'm all up for trying some crazy, collective Bluelight meditation!

^awesome i've been seeing that deep blue on this tree and even today i still feel a connection to it.

I actually got some sleep, still fucked in the head but nevertheless still up for trying out different rituals that i haven't come across before. I've taken symbols pictures, opened my mind and assigned them numbers to meditate on, taken those numbers and posted them on the picture on walls, like a remote viewing type of thing.

when i was in a state where my ego was switching entities and i wasn't sure who/what i was i started spitting out stream of consciousness stuff to a friend on the internet going in depth about stuff about his life and he couldn't believe how i knew such things, it just kept coming out like i was just a third person observing it.

if only i could remain somewhat functional and still harness such power, that's really the biggest problem for me. Yes i sometimes throw myself purposely into stimulant psychosis, hit myself with a bunch of benzos and then psychedelics to reach such states but that's just one road to it, i've had the best results without drugs but with drugs it's something i have more control over (shit gets too messed up - i stop taking drugs) without drugs well i go off into the deep end for a few weeks at least.

automatic writing is another big thing i do, i'm really into stream of consciousness type stuff and free association. Some of the results i've obtained have scared the shit out of me, like seeing TVs turn themselves on, finding messages in the media, receiving letters in the mail about information security - in the past i was afraid to embrace it. I just wrote it off as psychosis but deep down, i still feel there was something more to it than that.

My symbols and rituals are private, but I can tell you that when I'm doing any kind of working, it's no longer about me. Something is channelled, and ego steps aside. Sometimes I have a specific ritual planned out and it takes a complete detour because something else is called in.

I've had many strange and interesting experiences, but none of them really "fucked up". The spiritual world continues to be a source of awe-inspiring wonder for me and I find it a lot more benevolent than the human world most of the time. There can be challenging experiences that require a lot of adaptation but I always view them as growth opportunities and not something inherently evil.

The ball of energy at the back of your neck is referred to in many ancient systems. In yogic philosophy it's the throat chakra trying to form the antakharana (a.k.a rainbow bridge), which connects the throat and all the lower chakras to the crown. In daoism, it's the 16th point on the governor meridian that runs up the back, also called DU-17. Its ancient name is the celestial palace. As kundalini energy travels upwards, if the path to DU-17 is clear, then the energy goes inward and connects to the pineal gland before going straight up and forming the particle fountain that connects with the crown chakra. The entire circuit is roughly a 90 degree angle. The crown chakra itself is outside of the skull, above the head.

Unlike all the chakras below it, the antakharana - or bridge between the throat and the upper chakras - does not form automatically. You refer to it as a knot, but this is not accurate. The main granthi (or "psychic knot") that must be actively undone is in the root chakra at the base of the spine; it is the knot that must be undone before kundalini can even start happening. The antakharana on the other hand is simply a pathway that is not yet formed, and only active meditation can form it. You have to visualize a line going straight up the back of your neck and to the crown of your head. If you ever feel kundalini energy go all the way up to the tip of your crown, then it means the bridge has been successfully formed.

Psychotic breaks and hallucinations are common among people whose antakharana is not formed. The kundalini energy goes upward and gets stuck in the throat, which the energy centre that governs the high abstract mind. This is where the hallucinations are triggered, and often people who do drugs with a high upward-moving potential will have trouble with this. Physical symptoms will manifest in the respiratory system or the voice.

Robot, if you feel you're on the brink of psychosis, then what you need is grounding. You need to bring the energy down to your tailbone or to your feet. I find that spending time in nature barefoot helps a lot with this, and sitting with trees. And yeah, eating helps too :p

Last edited:
^thanks that's quite insightful

i do feel that energy at the base of the spine while tripping and i try to sort of visualize it like i am opening something, at which point i start to feel movement up my spine but as you mention, it gets stuck there and i end up going a bit crazy. What's strange is that i've actually been having respiratory issues since, my throat was feeling swollen, like it was physically bloated or something but it didn't look that way, it was strange. I didn't think of it moving up to the crown, i figured this energy would flow through the back of my neck, where i usually see/feel the silver cord or the antahkarana as you mention.

I've read that this cord connects to the major chakras or the other way around i guess but seems like there's an energy flow problem as it gets stuck in that base of the neck area and despite using techniques (like rolling out of the body, climbing up a ladder) i can't get out of body. I could feel what i would call several cords attaching to one spot but it stopped there and then i felt that i was shedding my own ethereal skin i suppose, which climbed up my back and off my neck, following that silver cord.

I'll try to visualize that 90 degree angle going up and have the energy from the base of my spine follow that path. I meditate quite a bit but find it difficult to really build that energy up to that kind of point without the use of drugs. That's why i end up going on long binges, because i don't want to lose that feeling.

I'm grounded now, my tree friend definitely seemed to help in that regard, as well as sleeping/eating and not taking any more drugs lol. It's strange the amount of times i've been so out of it and ended up hanging out with trees, or grabbing on to a tree and widely proclaiming that 'this tree is a commander' lol

I don't believe in evil, i think it's a manifestation of fear by the ego, when i get stuck in sleep paralysis or end up floating out of my body, the fear instinct kicks in and i get this sense of evil spirits but i think it's simply my ego not wanting to let go.

Ever feel that tremendous buzzing/vibrating feeling in that hypnagogic state? i know many people hear the pitch change but i completely feel it flood my body. I sometimes embrace the feeling to travel out of body or do a wake induced lucid dream but if i'm caught off guard that fear will hit and i wake myself up. In that state i've found i can over hear conversations, attempt travel, lucid dream or what usually happens is i end up in the void, the exact same place 5-meo-dmt takes you, just floating around in this vast darkness. I'd say 90% of the time i try too hard to do something i just end up in the void. If i attempt to make time stop in a dream, straight to the void i go.

I find it strange that people keep their symbols and rituals so private, i can see why but collectively using symbols and rituals has tremendous potential. My rituals are always done intuitively, like i am being guided so they are dynamic and in that sense, difficult to share. I quite often see archetypes, like fractal flower patterns or tree bark type things, not archetypal images but the underlying patterns that form objects, kind of like a Platonic form. I use those patterns as the basis for drawing symbols.

Plotinus said:
"What then is our course, what the manner of our flight? This is not a journey for the feet; the feet bring us only from land to land; nor need you think of coach or ship to carry you away; all this order of things you must set aside and refuse to see: you must close the eyes and call instead upon another vision which is to be waked within you, a vision, the birth-right of all, which few turn to use.

Plotinus has always been a big influence and i feel that vision he mentions lays/lies? dormant within myself, i know it will be awoken, i can feel it coming, almost like a word on the tip of my tongue.

Last edited:
RobotRipping - I resonate with most of what you're saying here, and most of your posts in general actually.

when i was in a state where my ego was switching entities and i wasn't sure who/what i was i started spitting out stream of consciousness stuff to a friend on the internet going in depth about stuff about his life and he couldn't believe how i knew such things, it just kept coming out like i was just a third person observing it.

Yeh I get that switching entities thing, I relate it to observing the different archetypes of mind coming forth. I allow it sometimes and see where it goes. What you say about writing it down is a Jungian practice called Active Imagination. I think these archetypes have a less impaired connection to the collective un/conscious, which would allow easier transmission of information, if you're in the right state of mind.

if only i could remain somewhat functional and still harness such power, that's really the biggest problem for me.

I hear that. That's the catch 22. I've had results sober but the effort to maintain them I find can be quite immense. I should practice more sober really but I'm still a sucker for the quick access. When I'm in full blown psychosis I find I force myself into states of great control, half the time just to hang onto my sanity as opposed to trying to accomplish anything. But then once I'm there, it can be very interesting indeed!

automatic writing is another big thing i do, i'm really into stream of consciousness type stuff and free association. Some of the results i've obtained have scared the shit out of me, like seeing TVs turn themselves on, finding messages in the media, receiving letters in the mail about information security - in the past i was afraid to embrace it. I just wrote it off as psychosis but deep down, i still feel there was something more to it than that.

Again I understand exactly what you're talking about here. I like to think I'm fairly rational but some of the shit that's happened really goes beyond it. I think synchronicity has a big part to play. I feel I'm opening up/becoming involved in a greater order. Or something haha.

Times of psychosis are not the time to experiment with these things. You can hurt more than just yourself. If you can't even speak correctly, you cannot play with fire.

You're right. It's probably not best advised for those who have little experience in dealing with these states.

Indeed but as you may know, many practitioners, healers, shamans, those seeking enlightenment will take part in activities such as fasting, sleep deprivation, the use of entheogens/drugs to reach new spiritual heights or to find enlightenment or to contact spiritual entities. All of these things, especially combined will produce what is termed 'psychosis' in the Western world, at least temporarily.

To do this safely, as Foreigner points out you must meditate, work on opening the lower chakras, the heart chakra and develop the pathway or connection to the crown chakra. If you do not follow such things properly you'll certainly land yourself into psychosis territory. As well, having much knowledge and experience of lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, psychosis (as defined by western societies) will be helpful and invaluable on your quest to enlightenment, just in the sense that when/if you do lose your associations with reality and the outside world, you'll have a better chance of controlling it and releasing it either through grounding or channeling the energy. I think once you lose complete sense of reality you realize just how easy things can slip apart and that awareness helps to strengthen you in some sense.

Admittedly i still have much to learn. I have been practicing chaos magick, meditation, lucid dreaming, astral projection for many years but Foreigner is light years ahead of me in terms of knowledge and experience.

In other news, i think i have been able to successfully move that energy from the neck area to the crown area, what comes after though i'm not sure.

hypGnosis what was your experience like with entity switching? For myself, it was very strange, kind of like smoking salvia but with no drug use involved. I had to suppress the experience in order to function again as i was not ready at the time for that kind of awakening, in that case indeed the energy was trapped in my throat area and had no way out and psychosis ensued.

Thanks for the thoughtful posts from everyone, hopefully we can continue discussion and help facilitate some learning about such subjects that i find are rarely discussed.

Last edited:
In other news, i think i have been able to successfully move that energy from the neck area to the crown area, what comes after though i'm not sure.

I hope you continue to keep up posted on whatever happens next.

You know, this is one of the things I was going to bring up in P&S; glad somebody else did first. You see, lately I've been feeling some sort of blockage in my neck. I never took the whole chakra thing seriously, but I think looking at my blockage in that sense might be helpful to me now.

I tried clearing the blockage last night by loosening up the energy at the base of my spine, and then visualized the energy going up and proceeding through the neck, straight up through my crown and above my head. I was laying down at the time, and the light behind my eyelids became brighter (I was in a dark room). I've experienced this general brightening before, and I take it as a good sign that I'm clearing things up in my head.

I sometimes think Jesus' "single eye" speech might be helpful during meditation. I have heard it interpreted in different ways, but I take it to mean that one should focus on the Source as if with a single eye, or single purpose and intent. Having tried this during meditation, I can testify that my inner realm does become brighter, or "full of light," as Jesus put it.

hopefully we can continue discussion and help facilitate some learning about such subjects that i find are rarely discussed.

I hope so, too.

Maybe we should arrange a group telepathy/dreaming session, to see if we jive on anything. If we can prove the existence of telepathy -- if only to ourselves -- we could perhaps try to change the world in a way nobody can prevent! :D

I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft lately and I don't think the occult should be messed with - next thing you know the world will be overrun with The Deep Ones from Y'ha-nthlei at the behest of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra. Or worse, the Shoggoth - created by the Elder Things and inhabitants of the dark and ancient planet known as Yoggoth - will rise from their arctic, cyclopean sepulchers to enslave the human race in order to fulfill the wishes of their demonic masters.

Leave that shit at the door, yo.

^Are you assuming this hasn't already happened?!

When I'm referring to entity switching, I am talking about archetypes, in some loose sense I consider them entities in of themselves. A few years back when I would regularly experience sleep paralysis I was made aware of an ancient Greek myth, which upon researching bore striking resemblance to my life. I don't want to go into that here, but suffice to say my best assumption at the moment is that it was a manifestation of my Anima. For some reason my Anima appeared to take on a life of it's own and relate to me through myth some things I needed to work on. I have no idea why a Greek myth was chosen, and the name of this myth I had never even heard about....Very weird.

So that experience brought me to a sort of Jungian (here I go with Jung again, sorry!) understanding that our minds are made up of separate 'beings' if you will. Although I don't consider them self aware, I do think they have a sort of rudimentary decision making ability. It's our job to recognise when and why a certain archetype may be chucking thoughts into our heads - if that makes sense?

So with that in mind, I would actively try to talk to/channel, in some sense, various myths from Greek literature. I would meditate to clear my mind first, then would meditate upon symbols, and/or repeat a related mantra. I would then literally talk to the character, I would switch perspectives from me, to it. Sometimes it was very scarey, it would seem I was being taken places, or shown things. I don't know if it was purposefully trying to scare me, but to begin with it was fairly overwhelming, and many times I would back out. Sometimes though that wasn't possible, like I had completely lost control, and this being was possessing me. But in the end I have always been able to regain myself. I think the understanding that this being is a part of myself allowed me reign it back in ( I know to some this may sound like a possession of sorts, but I think possession is actually a misunderstanding of this process - mostly). I've also had some amazing experiences while doing this; being taken to what seems like strange transcendent, crazy mutli-dimensional objects - like things you'd see on psychedelics.

I've also gained much insight about myself when I'm in greater control of this process and am able to write down or remember the dialogue.

RobotRipping, I'm sorry if this comes off as judgmental, but the kick you're on in this thread strikes me as kind of reckless. You're gambling with your mental health, your relationships with those you care about, and potentially your livelihood and good legal standing. Mystical practices, especially ones that involve poly-drug induced or a mixture of drug-induced and non-drug-induced states of consciousness, are the kinds of things people train for, work up to, earn access to, and solicit the help of a trusted and experienced (and often sober!) guide for. Yes, you may navigate these experiences well and bring back pearls of wisdom. But you could just as easily misread the signs, scare yourself and others, and become mislead into some very foolish decisions.

At the very least I'd become very comfortable with the exercises and rituals of Chaos Magick or whatever tradition you're exploring entirely sober, and become very comfortable with altered states of consciousness known for inducing agitation, paranoia, mania, or psychosis whilst going about familiar mundane activities, before daring to combine them.

^i understand where you're coming from but i'm well experienced in such practices, i've seen first person what happens when you aren't ready for a spiritual revelation, full blown psychosis, that lasted at least 3 weeks. But every psychotic break i have, i come back stronger and stronger. I've scared myself when i was younger and less experienced. Now that i'm older i find regular life boring enough that if anything did scare me it'd at least make things interesting.

I also take many precautions, it takes years to build up and learn all this stuff so i don't recommend just messing around with poly drug use/abuse, fasting, sleep deprivation without having a solid base first and plenty of knowledge in many areas, like eastern religion, philosophy, religion itself, meditation, lucid dreaming, OBEs/Astral projection and the occult/whatever chaos magick reading material you want to delve into.

indeed, you have to be careful or you may end up delusional and thinking you are the second coming of Jesus Christ working for the CIA out of your bedroom. I practice rituals when sober on a daily basis, well i'm not sober on a daily basis but i'm not fucked up or tripping. I have way too much experience with mania, hypomania, psychosis, paranoid schizophrenia in psychosis as well as anxiety, depression and whatever other label you can slap on me lol.

I appreciate your concern, i can't really show you through text that i can handle it and am ready for anything, it's been a long journey to this point and i am fully willing to embrace whatever comes, even psychosis though i certainly do not push myself to that point anymore, i prefer a good old ego shattering every now and then instead.

@hypGnosis: Jung has always interested me, i believe i see archetypes while tripping but they aren't the ones he describes; they are usually the very patterns that come up in nature, like the pattern of bark on a tree, the leaves on trees, fractal like flowers, the underlying form of things that exist in the universe, like even galaxy like visuals swirling and such. I can't really explain them very well though and i find Jungs idea of which archetypes exist to be very odd and strange given my own experiences, i just can't relate to the themes he talks about. I think of it in a Platonic sense i guess.

I've been meaning to read Lovecraft's work but i dunno, i prefer to come to things intuitively rather than seek them out. In terms of symbolism and ideas borrowed from popular Occultist writers and stuff, i get some influence from it all but i just see it as another paradigm that you can use if you so wish.

I've been away from BL for a few days (or more i'm not even sure) on a massive drug binge which was not really spiritual in nature but due to such abuse, i need to heal up and regain some energy, focus and not end up in psychosis before going back to school. I still feel that energy connecting me to everything. I've gained a great amount of confidence in knowing that it is there, as far as enlightenment, well i'm not sure what enlightenment really is, my ego is still intact despite quite the battle with it over many years and i still have to remain functional in this world so kind of stuck in that regard but my understanding of life, the universe and nature has greatly evolved, as well as my sense of self and identity. That's pretty much what i get out of these experiences, in terms of anything concrete and physical, i haven't had any mystical experiences in quite a while, especially ones that blow my mind.

I seem to have been indoctrinated by the catholic church as a young child so i like to use the symbolism from the bible and imagery and such but it's also useful to 'paradigm shift' and use other things but for myself, the symbolism that is in my mind is deeply linked with symbols in Christianity for whatever reason and i find the most power in that, despite not being Christian in the first place. I do take a lot of things from Buddhism and things here and there from eastern religions for use with chaos magick, much of it just sort of seeps into my consciousness rather than actually seeking it out, maybe all those religion courses i've taken over the years are the reason for that though.

Lately i've been interested/fascinated by the catholic/christian/Jewish conceptions of evil. Sometimes i don't know what to think about it but it has great power, the concept itself i mean. I really don't think that, logically the concept of evil exists, well except in those that believe in it but still, i struggle with the idea and have some sort of reverence for it. Fucking Catholicism. I think associating the occult or chaos magick with satanism, heresy or evil or any thing like that is silly but with paradigm shifting, you can certainly scare the shit out of yourself for whatever reason. I think that fear is mostly manifested by the ego but i'm not sure why, embracing the fear seems to be empowering though. So i find the concept of evil useful in that sense anyway.

In the case of the greek Gods and mythology in general, i don't relate to much of it personally and as such don't use it or even consider it really. I like to use free association to find symbols or images/entities. I think a lot about native American/Canadian religion and spirituality and in the past along with Catholicism have found the most power in those ideologies and symbols/people to meditate on and channel with/through. I reason this is due to my upbringing and genetic make up but since i put so much belief in such things, i think what works for people varies because of this, perhaps just different roads to the same destination though.

i've certainly felt like a medium and had an entity writing text (like automatic writing while entity switching) through me at ridiculous rates after meditation and visualizing symbology used in the Catholic Church/Bible. I went completely psychotic from that though, could not handle the power at the time but during the period of psychosis i began to feel that massive connection to that oneness, unity or collective consciousness, whatever you want to call it and was also extremely euphoric the entire time.

I had experienced such states before while tripping on dissociatives and still consistently feel ithe same things on dissociatives far more so than traditional psychedelics, i think that is truly a source of immense energy (using symbols/ideas that you find intuitively and channeling/meditaing with them to transcend the self, paticularly while on dissociatives) and if tapped into could provide revelations/insights about yourself, your essence or being and plenty of other things without necessarily sending you into psychosis. I've come to believe that I was once a bear, a grizzly bear lol through such methods. Whether that is true or not, or that i like bears has anything to do with it, doesn't really matter, it just felt so real and that in itself i find strange and if i'm really high i will try to think as though i am a bear and feel that 'bearness' of existence, just for fun if nothing else lol. The bear theme has often popped up in psychotic breaks as well.

probably starting to sound crazy but when you probe those deep dark waters, you find some strange stuff sometimes, i just acknowledge it and keep travelling inward to see what else is there. I like to visualize it as walking through a dark cave and lighting torches, like synapses in the brain, or going through and turning or flipping switches. I know many other people intuitively have come to that very same visualization which i also find interesting.

sorry that was so long lol

Last edited: