• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What music are you youngsters watching? v. Mother Fucking Videos (Embed videos here)

sweet mary, jesus and joseph do I fucking hate embedded video linking.

Make it stop please.

Hrmn .... 2nd week that John Lydon is standing in for Jarvis Cocker's Sunday Service show on Radio 6.

b02zbzm4.jpg

T'will be starting in 10 mins @ 4pm for a coupla hours. Last week's was a decent show.

[edit]
aaaand he started off with .... Harry J Allstars - Liquidator

can't get betterer than that ....

... and naow
Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart

you can tune in via your freeview telly channels or stream it straight from the site ... doooo eeeet !

get listening folks <3

[edit]
Tracklist thus far:

Harry J. All Stars - The Liquidator
Deee?Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Leftfield & John Lydon - Open Up
The Fontane Sisters - Fool Around <---- awesome!
Perry Como - Papa Loves Mambo
The Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn
The Congos - Fisherman
Shabba Ranks - Shine Eye Gal - Shy Fx (easy does it mix)
Mott the Hoople - All the Way from Memphis

atm23, where are joo?!

he's bigging up the Bee Gees now godammit (I LOVE the BeeGees!) ... I'm in LOVE <3 (and he loves ABBA! <3 <3 <3)

The Bee Gees - Massachusetts
The Versatiles - Push It In
John Lennon - Give Me Some Truth
Hawkwind - You Shouldn`t Do That ... I wuz brought up on Hawkwind ... s'no wonder I like Spacemen 3 so much. How Spacemen is this?!
Public Image Ltd.- Religion II
Desmond Dekker and the aces - Israelites
Kraftwerk - The model
Underworld - Born Slippy
Re-TROS - Billy Cannot Stop
Public Image Ltd - Disappointed
The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years from Home

~fin~ !

Last edited:
sweet mary, jesus and joseph do I fucking hate embedded video linking.

Got very mixed feelings about it myself, to be honest. I like the novelty value and the immediacy, I hate the fact it takes several minutes to load a page now sometimes, the fact it slows the fuck outta everything and the fact that it adds very little of value for the most part. I also hate the fact that I know it either breaks threads a bit - or completely kills them - for folks using certain hard/software to use intrawebz.

But, having said that, I just can't help from using it whilst we have it. Am such a fukkin novelty slut me :\

Also, very nice track listing - and fukkin amazing job at transcribing 'em all 8o

I <3 Yo La Tengo more than life itself at times. Easily one of the most talented gee-tar-ars there has ever been. And one of me fave bands of all time too. One of their more commercially viable tunes but still a fukkin belter. Do they actually know how to be anything other than outstanding?

Never liked this fella when I first heard him. Didn't really get his album and 'Lightning Bolt' did nothing for me. This track however...

[video=youtube_share;3EL20VKlvbs]http://youtu.be/3EL20VKlvbs[/video]

Spread your love like a fever? Nope.

[video=youtube_share;LnKUD_OztRE]http://youtu.be/LnKUD_OztRE[/video]

Hmm... undecided on that tune, Ben. I kinda like it but he annoys me. Never heard any of his other stuff but if that's his best I fear the irritation factor would outweigh the decency in his case.

Also quite annoying, albeit inna different way...

However, that is a vid worth embedding cos is pure class. Bewbies, licking "stuff" and female paint-wrestling? Seriously. What is not to fukkin <3 about that?!? :D

Yeah I'm with you man. That is easily his best tune. I do like it. For now. It's still new on me so still to stand any kind of test of time.

Gotta say I like Gesaffelstein - Pursuit at the moment. I think Ceres already posted it tough.

Not sure if I like this or not. The vocal annoys me but the main melody line is funny if nothing more. Makes me smile for a little bit then goes all crappy.

Shift Key - Let You Down

I actually rather liked that. Vocal and all. Actually reminds me slightly of that BoC tune I posted t'other day.

No vid for this one either cos is but cover art. Deceptive cos in some ways very similar to the original. But gets better as it goes on and almost - almost - prefer it to the original. Which I fukkin <3 so is saying summat...

Flaming Lips - Knives Out

Can't go wrong with the Flaming Lips. Listening now. Ha! This is even creepier than the original. How'd dey do dat?

This is the latest Arctic Monkeys record. I haven't liked anything they have done since Favourite Worse Nightmare but this I have to say is growing on me slowly.

[video=youtube_share;bpOSxM0rNPM]http://youtu.be/bpOSxM0rNPM[/video]

Hmm... never made my mind up about Arctic Monkeys. I almost feel I would/should like 'em but he really does fukkin irritate me. A lot. Have never listened to 'em much (but must say I do like a few of the ones I have heard properly) but that one definitely ain't doing it for me. Like the vid though =D

And ya, Flaming Lips doing covers creepier than the originals? Whoulda thunk it?!? :D

Not news to you - at all - but randomly found the playlist of the whole gig on PooToob so posting anway cos is genuinely one of my fave gigs ever. I never liked his/their stuff at all - kinda hated it, in fact - Occasional Mrs Shambles played that first album to death but always left me cold - until she made me watch this concert one night. Instant convert. Just a shame his recordings are crap cos his live shows are just incredible <3

Fortunately everybody knows that so there's a gazillion bootlegs about. Have probably listened to albums (by choice) once each at best. Live shows on t'other hand... But this remains one of me faves. If only cos it comes wiv pix.

Yeah the vid is great. Still undecided on the track. It is seeping into my psyche slowly though.

Good call on the Damien Rice gig. I'm sure just as you have I have a load of bootlegs but I'll post this little ditty and get that on. Thanks.

[video=youtube_share;RS4HSSo4a-s]http://youtu.be/RS4HSSo4a-s[/video]

Is one of me fave Damien Rice tunes for the sheer passion involved. Some live versions of some of his songs are almost painful to listen to they're so fukkin raw (and yes, I am well aware of how wanky that sounds ;)) and that one is often high on the list.

Also, liking that tune a lot wot you dun did post a lot :)

One of me fave Grinderman tunes remixed in style. Should be an oxymoron but ain't. Still prefer the original but fukkin PooToob pulled it so is this or the live version (which I'd usually go for but the sound quality is a bit weak and is more ovva studio track anyway).

Yeah I loved watching that DR performance. He's untouchable live. I do like his recordings but you are right they don't hold a candle to how he performs them live. I can't find the version from a Channel 4 performance that blew me to pieces when I first saw it but this comes close. The build up and drop makes the hairs stand on end. Stunning.

[video=youtube_share;BcAOmgW053A]http://youtu.be/BcAOmgW053A[/video]

Right I'll get that track you posted on now. :)

Ya. That's actually one of me other faves from that show. Is probably a better song than the one I posted, actually. Also one that's done amazingly well live frequently. Although he seems to be able to turn it on with almost any of his songs. Even his most obviously commercial tunes are sometimes turned into Things of Immense Beauty played live. Some of those bootlegs are beyond epic. He also manages to fukkin ruin more or less every tune he's ever written on some shows. Fickle like that. But when it's good... Not on PooToob for the most part though. But am sure you know of which I speak ;)

Much like Yo La Tengo, another one of me all-time fave geet-arrrgh-eeests from one of me all-time fave bands who also never managed to turn out a bad record despite a gazillion years of recordings and being quite elderly now.... Although this probably counts as "Golden Era" stuff. Albeit only cos it was when people noticed them and tried to lump 'em in with a scene they had fuck all to do with really... One of me fave songs of theirs and one of me fave performances though <3

Agreed on DR. <3

Since Swampdragon mentioned gypsy punk this is the only artist I know that fits the bill. Introduced to him at Glastonbury.
[video=youtube_share;SkkIwO_X4i4]http://youtu.be/SkkIwO_X4i4[/video]

Saw this on the right while looking for that video. Youtube knows me too well. Love this band.

[video=youtube_share;E0M0L6oueUY]http://youtu.be/E0M0L6oueUY[/video]

Loved that Grinderman remix btw. Getting the Sonic Youth on now.

EDIT: Without mentioning the 'G' word that's what I love about the Seattle scene. Because the records had a live feel to them recorded they sound close to the records live!

Ha! I have a fukkin massive softspot for Gogol Bordello and that has always been one of my faves of theirs :D

Not sure about that second one though. Maybe if I was in the right mood cos it sounds sunny and chirpy (which I tend to like) but didn't do it for me just now.

As for Grinderman, is basically essential listening. Nick Cave rawkin his fukkin nads off with one of the greatest backing bands ever? If you don't listen and <3 you have either no ears or no soul. Or are just actually shit. As a person. And should probably kill yourself before somebody else does us all the favour. Too harsh? Fuck you.

One more belter afore I leave (briefly to shops for essential supplies). Yes it is more Yo La Tengo. Yes I've posted it a gazillion times before. But never wiv embedded vidz which is reason enough to repost (should I even pretend to need reason) cos is one of the finest git-arse-cyst performances I have ever witnessed (and performed - to actual perfection - onna rooftop just as the sun sets mid tune - it really doesn't get any better). Y'all wot like a strum. Y'all that like a lil fretwanking (am looking hard at you Dan, Myshkin, Pagey - and Ben (at times) :sus:) need to watch and learn. This is how you fretwank. And for the rest of y'all: this is how a git-argh should sound <3

Yeah I loved that Shambles. Added to the queue. Why haven't I heard that before? Oh well, I got there eventually. Oh and <3 Nick Cave and his never ending forehead. =D

[video=youtube_share;sIg7U-QIfHQ]http://youtu.be/sIg7U-QIfHQ[/video]

There aren't sufficient reasons created by man nor beast yet to fukkin hate Sonic Youth. FACT!

There absolutely are enough reasons in the world to fukkin hate this vidembed feature cos it totally fukkin ruins me when it comes to loading this page. Let alone listening to owt posted. Y'all should be heartily grateful I even make a passing effort at listening to shit y'all post now - even if I luff it wiv all my <3 and thank you every day hence for introducing me to it - cos it really is that much of an effort now.

1394: I liked that. But he ain't no Sonic Youth ;)

Ben: I tried - hard - but loading times defeated me so will have to wait till later. Only heard fractions at best... but liked what little I heard. And is probably great anyway knowing you :p;)<3

And if y'all don't like my picks so far? Go Tell it to the Trees, Egghead :p

(i suspect pagey knows the score more than most of y'all on that particular comment but, for the rest of y'all, take more psyches and win <3)

Last edited:
Y'all are failing me :p

So will continue to entertain myself...

Another one of those covers which sticks quite faithfully to the original yet still manages to add to it <3

And if that don't rouse ya (or happen to have semi-rotting vegetable matter to hand you didn't know what to do with)...

<3

I think that cantaloupe video is my new favouritest thing ever, it reminds me a bit of the whole gallery/performance art bit in Spaced which I think actually had a character called Vulva? Anyway, brilliant.