• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Rehab & Detox Clinics: Share your experiences

Black Rabbit of Inle

Bluelight Crew
This thread is for users to share their experiences (both positive and negative) with various facilities. The information you provide can help others make a decision on where to go.

When posting your experiences, please keep them in the following format:

Example said:
Center Name:
Price: <please keep this to cheap, reasonable and expensive only>
Review: <please refrain from personal attacks regarding facility staff & blatant corporate promotion>

Last edited by a moderator:
Harmony Foundation
Estes Park Colorado
Reasonable

I have nothing but really good things to say about the Harmony Foundation (yeah it has a typical rehab name).. ranked in the US with the best rehab facilities there are and still relatively affordable, tens of thousands less than the big names.. it is a twelve step based rehab.. but you do an introductory 1-7 while you are in the thirty day program.. it is nestled in the estes park in the rocky mountains and while i was there, besides a level of care that included passion and talent, it was not uncommon to see huge elk walking the grounds.. and as i have stated.. really nothing but good things to say about this place.. really an amazing staff, great location, decent housing, good food and what really counts a top notch success rate... i will add that i attended this facility rite around 2000 so my review is from then.. but I i give it my full recommendation<3.. This is real and the farthest thing from corporate promotion.. I hate many corporations and the bottom line they stand for.. The staff.. these people are in it for the good fight.. some people just know where its at.

Since this is only promotion for those that need help.. im going to throw this on here.. Harmony drug treatment center in Colorado is a nonprofit corporation specializing in quality, yet affordable treatment for chemical dependency.

Last edited:
Center Name: Serenity House
Price: very affordable
Review: Typically a 21-28 day program. I believe a maximum of twenty residents, co-ed. Closed facility with few resources and little staff. Medical professionals are on-hand a few hours a day, mainly to administer Librium. Completely shut off from the outside world in terms of resident's ability to contact friends/family. 12 Step based. Housing is aged and rapidly deteriorating. Programming designed to reach lowest common denominator.

Center Name: Farley Center at Williamsburg Place
Price: reasonable to expensive
Review: Not enough can be said for Farley. Fantastic, highly-qualified staff. Strict programming (days are filled with classes), but free time isn't really missed due to quality of classes. Everyone from kitchen staff to med-techs is extremely professional and personable. Dining services cannot be beat - you will gain weight. Amazing recovery community in Williamsburg, VA - outside meetings are welcoming, no shortage of experienced speakers. Staff at Williamsburg Place spends a great deal of time focused on patient's after-care arrangements. Classes vary from meditation, to nutrition, to Big Book studies, to cognitive behavioral therapy. Larger patient community but ample opportunities for one-on-one care. Professional 90 day program is also available.

Center Name: Seabrook House West
Price: prohibitive
Review: Location is not conducive to transitional living - Westfield, PA is free of distractions, also free of everything. Staff (two primary counselors) goes to great lengths to arrange after care for over twenty male residents. Living facility is very nice - private rooms, small gym/basketball court, reliable wifi, decent recreation room. Not enough programming to justify price - after thirty days residents' time is their own (for the most part). 12 step based, with meetings required daily. If residents do not have a car on site, they probably won't be leaving the campus (save for step meetings, usually an hour or so off-site) during the standard ninety day stay. Once-a-month outings are greatly appreciate once boredom sets in. No opportunities for outside work. If insurance helps with your cost (always check if UDS testing is covered by insurance beforehand, always, always, always), it may be worth your time. Partial scholarships are available.

Caron Foundation
Wernersville, PA USA
Expensive (Takes insurance, and has financial assistance)

I spent 31 days in the Female Adolescent Program (Ages 13-19) for Substance Abuse and Anorexia. Very closed facility, structured days consisting of AA/NA meetings. Detox facility on site and treats co-occuring disorders as well. Visited a Psychologist once per week, and met with a Psychiatrist once or twice during my stay. Most of the patients were medicated with Anti-Depressants, etc. Did not receive much intensive counseling while there though. I also met with a nutritionist because of my Anorexia. The location is on a mountain top, absolutely beautiful with access to a large gym several days per week. The friendships I created were the most positive things about my experience at Caron. The staff would accommodate your needs and I received decent care overall from the providers. Has extended care facilities (90 days) on site, and they recommended several extended care options out of state for me. Church service was every Sunday with Father Bill which was located on the campus. The food was great, lots of variety for even picky eaters. Only wrote letters to family & friends because cell phones weren't allowed, but made monitored phone calls around once a week. Cigarettes were also not allowed in the Young Adult area. Activities included music therapy, games, yoga, crafts, and hiking occasionally. The rooms were shared and the windows were secured with alarms. I do believe the adult facilities would be somewhat different though. My father also participated in a 3 day Family Education Program. I received a good deal of financial assistance which helped with the costs.

Chapman House
Orange, CA
Reasonable

The way I feel about their adult program vs. their adolescent program are two very different sides of the same coin. Straight up, the adult program should be avoided by anyone who values their sobriety, seriously, at all costs. However, if you want a place where you can still get high (what's the point?) while pleasing everyone else (... oh yeah), this is it. Despite the fact that both houses are co-ed, I swear to God there was infinitely more drama in the adult program than in the adolescent one. The adult counselors, for the most part, will do one of three things when shit goes down: 1. they will remain oblivious, 2. they will join in on it and fan the flames (no lie), or 3. they just won't care and tell you to deal with it yourself. We were lucky if we didn't eat three day old leftovers half the time. There were no outside meetings or outings. And we did nothing but watch TV all day. The lady who runs has NO experience with addiction, and just lets her two 21-year-old and 17-year-old daughters (who also have no experience) run it half the time. When they weren't sleeping with the male clients, they were causing drama and acting like they ran the place. It was Hell On Earth so bad I can't even. I went twice (the first time was alright, it was this last time I went that everything had changed because of the new lady who was running it and found it was now A HORRIBLE FUCKING JOKE... at least the first time I went, we went on outings 2x a week), and I relapsed both times. In the program. Within the first two weeks. Because heroin was THAT rampant there.

Now, on to the adolescent program, which I also attended as a teenager. It's run by someone else entirely... nothing but amazing things to say about it and it legit kept me straight for a VERY long time... about 7 years. The entire staff is very professional yet caring, they give you $200 (on a card NOT CASH duh) a week to go grocery shopping, your days are full with group counseling, individual counseling, classes, school work (I had graduated early so I don't know much about that part, just that the other kids would go for 2 hours per day and got credits for completing it), and, 2x per week and on Sundays, recreational activities. You could go to church if you wanted to. Some of my absolute BEST memories are from those 30 days.

I should add the adolescent program is more expensive than the adult program. A LOT more expensive. And it shows, it truly does. BUT it's also so very worth it, in my opinion. I wish I had better things to say about the adult program but in reality... just no. Fucking NO. I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy.

Name: Odyssey House, New Zealand
Where: Auckland New Zealand
Price: Free (half is covered by private funding, the other is half is funded by your sickness benefit)
Length of stay: 18 months - 3 years.

Review: Odyssey house program incorporates the theraputic community concept their motto is "we see ourselves best through the eyes of our brothers and sisters." (meaning fellow addicts in the treatment centre) There are 5 levels to the program which you move through while completing a treament plan to work on your treatment issues. It just doesnt deal with your addiction but deals with your behaviours that lead to addiction (like coodependancy, anger, manipulation, self harm etc). HOw did I find it? It saved my life and because the program is long term you get to really work on your stuff and carry it with you afterwards. You also develop relationships with you peers or the people around you in your treament. They are the ones who know you best and hold you accountable. Sure its not perfect program, but damn I know how lucky I am to have it - and not having to pay out any money for it. I wish every country in the world would have a program like this - the community acts as the agent of change. Every addict deserves soemthing like this - not these 28 days programs you have to pay the earth for. Sorry Im not putting down those programs I know they work in their own way - I just think the level of support and treatment out there for a disease that is so prevalent is not good enough.

RBTL

Caron Foundation
Wernersville, PA USA
Expensive (Takes insurance, and has financial assistance)

Me, too :)

I spent 32 days in the Intensive Inpatient facility for adolescent males in the summer of 2006. I recall the facility very well - and some wouldn't hesitate to call it 'posh.' I always thought that it was, insofar as comparisons with another facility I went to that year went at least! I left exactly one week before they stopped allowing cigarettes, and the rest of the guys and I used those times to bond more closely.

The staff were incredible people, each with their own Rolodex of crazy stories to tell, all of which had positive messages.

I recall disliking the supervised visits; not because they were supervised, but because they represented times where I would ind myself drowning in my parents' tears, bless their tired hearts :(
As time went by, I became friends with all the other guys on our wing - 20 in total. Though occasionally there were fights, the frequency of them was ameliorated by privileges afforded to those actually making an effort to engage in the types of therapies offered at the place. Once we went to a movie; another time, to a great, big abandoned quarry-turned-lake to swim. I learned a lot there, and the 'Church' they had on Sundays is most certainly to this day the only "recovery-based church" I have ever seen/attended. Very, very unique.

Overall, I (7 years later) am still very very glad that I went.
Nice to see a fellow alum here on the boards!

Francis House Uk
A strictly 12 step treatment centre.
The food is good, they offer activities and religious services to people of different denominations.
Attending meetings is mandatory 10 per week.
Their drop-out rate is higher than others I've attended, and they're approach is believed to be fairly harsh.
Should I attend another treatment centre, I personally wouldn't choose a 12 step one, although many people gain positive effects from the fellowships.
As an unrelated note somebody did die during my stay there, but it wasn't the centres fault; it taught me the addiction really can be life and death.

Bradford health services
Warrior Alabama
price. my insurance paid but my rents forked out 7000 dollars on top so I think it was 20000 plus for the 16 days I was there

I was there for heroin. The first part of the program is the detox unit its a smelly basement area in the main building. I shared a room with another dude. There was a private bathroom and shower in the room we shared. They gave me a 6 day suboxone taper which started the morning after I arrived. I had to take a drug test and see the doctor on my first day there. He was basically useless. After 2 or 3 days of doing nothing on the detox unit I was moved into a cabin with a bout 20 guys around my age. The cabins where segregated by sex and age. The guys and girls where kinda segregated we where not supposed to interact but it was loosely enforced and people where fucking like rabbits.

The actual campus was pretty nice. They had a limited weight room, volleyball, basketball, and other stuff that was all outside. It might not be as good in winter as I was there in july. I thought the food was mediocre I mean it was edible but reminded me of high school cafeteria food definitely not gourmet. There where 3 meals a day with breakfast starting at 7. Yeah they woke us up early as fuck and we where punished as a group if people where late to morning check in. There was lots of little bullshit rules that reminded me of high school.

The treatment was just strait 12 step indoctrination. We had group therapy in a group of roughly 10-15 people twice a day during the work week. Then we would have classes on different aspects of the 12 steps that was boring as hell. I only got to meet with a therapist once for like 20 minutes and it wasn't real therapy he was just coming up with a release plan.
The weekends where useless as no one with a college degree was there. In fact most of the ''counselors'' where just recovering addicts whos job was just a glorified babysitter.

Overall it didn't help me. I made new drug connections and relapsed within 8 hours of leaving. There IOP aftercare program was worse than useless. I guess they gear it more towards people on probation. Once they found out they couldn't send me to jail they basically left me alone. I wish I would have spent my money on individual counseling.

Father Martins Ashley
Havre De Grace, MD
Price is reasonable if you have good insurance.

My whole experience was great, met a ton of people who I now consider my friends. The counselors and therapists all helped me a ton, they were all very qualified to do that type of work. The place lives up to reputation for sure, I felt like I changed alot for the better once I left to the point where I went from still thinking i'll get high when I get out to being highly motivated never to use again. The rules there are pretty strict like no talking to females but honestly I think most addicts need the rigid structure that you get here. At the same time, you feel very safe the whole time and I had a ton of fun with all the other addicts/alcohols there during down time. I think they really have a good balance set up if you're serious about quitting. Oh btw I haven't even mentioned the fact that you live in a huge estate right on the Chesapeake Bay and the food there is really fucking good as well. The place is just fucking beautiful and towards the end of my stay I didn't even want to leave that's how much I liked it. This is coming from a very skeptical person too but I can't lie this place won me over.

I would highly recommend going there it's worth the money and I hate giving this much money to any place but I felt like it was well spent.

Highland ridge
SLC, UT
I don't pay for it cause I'm so far in the hole I'm just gonna claim bankruptcy

Anyway I'm gonna keep this short, I was at a methadone clinic in the morning and dosed 160mg methadone, that night i decided i wanted to go to detox and get clean..
well about 9 hours after i received my 160mg dose of methadone they decided it would be a good idea to give me 24mg of suboxone.. instant precipitated withdrawals

goes without saying that that was THE WORST experience of my life.

I left and am never goin back.

Center Name: Valley Hope
Price: Expensive
Review: Pretty decent, I didn't stay clean though, but it wasn't the facility's fault-I wasn't ready, honest, or willing. Co-ed facility.I went for heroin. Medically detoxed with subs 6 days then put out into the main cabins. Guys and girls intermingled freely all day, but obvi same sex room mates. Looking back now, I wish I would have taken advantage of what they had to offer, it could have been an amazing experience with much growth. But alas, I pissed it away.

Center Name: Bridgeway Detox
Price: Insurance and "state slots" that you get by being poor and on a waiting list.
Review: Ok... no actual treatment here, just detox. You are supposed to go on to a 30 day in patient facility after this, but I went here 3 times and never did. I always did the detox then got right out and relapsed again.

Center Name: New Horizons
Price: Expensive as hellllllll
Review: I thought it was pretty tight, as they gave you a private hospital room, mini fridge, and they dosed you with IM bupe and as much Ativan as you needed. I was high as fuck up in there. It was a 3 day detox. Relapsed every time (no wonder) Went here two times.

Center Name: Preferred Family
Price: State slots available
Review: When I went here, they had told me on phone they would medically detox me. I went here and toughed it out in a room detoxing my ass off for two days waiting for some medication, only to be told it was a "social detox" and they did not use medication. Obvi this would affect my review, as all I remember is detoxing my ass off and screaming to get out. I crawled to their little pay phone and called a ride OUTTA there. I have since heard they use subs now for detox.

Jackie Nitschke Center
Green Bay, Wisconsin

Reasonable and has good scholarships.

Review of Intensive Outpatient Program.

12 step based rehab. Very dedicated, passionate, and really damn talented counselors. They have big hearts but keep their eye on the goal. So if you want to make it through this program best be willing to put the effort in otherwise you're gone. Really good people who provide a truely passion driven personalized recovery, universes away from the take their money and ship them through approach that seems to be so common. Strong emphasis and dedication to individually tailored addiction treatment and the 12 steps. If you not serious then look somewhere else.

Last edited:
Name: ADACT detox and rehab facility
Place: Swananoa, North Carolina
Cost: Varys from $1/day to $500+/day
I hated it

I went there for detox only. I was given Clonidine for opiate withdrawals. It didn't help with anything. Supposedly when your w/d-ing, your BP sky rockets so if you take meds to lower it than it lowers the intensity. Well that wasn't the case for me. So the main meds didn't help. I get bad RLS so they gave me a flexeril, it didn't help either. So let's just say, I might as well of stayed at home to detox. I stayed for 5 days. They won't let you leave until you been evaluated and sign a sheet but you still have to wait 3 days after signing it. They recommend moving to their rehab facility next door but I wanted to get the hell out of there. I wasn't ready to quit and was basically forced to go so I relapsed as soon as I got out.

Other patients that were there said that prison was a better experience.

You have to wear scrubs and those sandals they give you in prison. The showers suck. You have to push a button and the water only stays on for 30 sec every push. There wasn't much to do there but lay in bed or read a book. Oh and the beds sucked. The pillows were like tarp filled with air. You can have no personal items except anger coins to use the pay phone to call loved one or whoever.

So all in all it was a pretty bad experience for me

I've also heard from friends recently that they loved it there and it was a really good place but I just didn't see it

Last edited:
Salvation Army
Center of Hope
FL, US
Cheap

You typically go to a detox before entering this program.
Locally our detox is just clonidine and benedryl

Review: Program is run through the Salvation Army, in conjunction with First Step, another Out Patient facility which deals with Dep. Of Corrections clients who are court ordered to rehab stints. Their facility at FS was an old hotel, had a pool. Hello it's FL. Is there a better way to detox? Lol
But the other program was called VIPER And you could go to the Health Depart. To get things like vistaril or clonidine, they took you there on a bus dropped you off but always had a way to know who left etc, (?) I even got seroquel bc, i often have issues sleeping. I've been prescribed it before so i had them send for my records. I had no money but was awarded free meds by Astra Zen. .
The program was filled with meetings Aa way more than NA but they weren't all bad. I have often felt more educated than some others particularly non addicts about the way addiction effects us, but they did a good job showing our brains normal vs brain 'on drug' - Thing is I don't drink, but there isn't a drug I forgot to try. (Main 1s) So listening to how people had to get up in the middle of the night to drink to get back to sleep. I think it helped me but I can see how it would have been really boring for a lot of other people. I had no knowledge alcohol being so much like my DOC :(

the church part was TOO TOO much, you had to stand, were v very pressured to sing while you raised your hands. If you did and stood up front they would come to put their hands on your head, praying, as you are pushed back, some1 catches you, But seriously? This was a mandatory "class" although you didn't have to get "healed".
Alas,
I did not stay clean for long. But that was the most time yet, i came from 35 days in jail. Did about four months, until they kicked me out for going to the bathroom at an unauthorized time. During a class which was held across the street. The classroom had a bathroom and i never left the room with the teacher in it.
It was just after i had made it past the waiting period to get into the actual INTENSE treatment part, that ends up being like six weeks and your Done. I believe it was a nice place but like many other times in my life i wanted to show who was really running the show and they sent me packing. Despite me volunteering bathroom clean up and being Dorm Captain for our room. Total f up on their end not seeing that i was trying but that i was just a young kid too.

I think treating people with meds sometimes gets bad reaction when you look at a group of abusers. Mental health has been a big thing for me since I have been looking at my life again. Treatment programs ARE the place for real doctors to diagnose real patients.

Providence Project

Bournemouth, UK

Cheap

12 Step based program, and whilst there's no nannying they won't run you in to the ground. If you spend any longer than four weeks and go in to Secondary or Advanced Primary or whatever you want to call it treatment then you will be forced to come out of your shell though. Daily group therapy (other than sunday) which you must attend or you're gone. In the first four weeks group is pretty lightweight, but after that is basically open season and people are encouraged to say exactly what they think and group can get pretty dark. It's a drug addiction treatment centre, there's lots of damaged people there, but they will force whatever is going on for you out of you. Shit gets dark but that is kind of the process that most people need to go through. Individual counselling sessions weekly (sometimes more often) but very much the focus on the group.

Living in what are essentially dry houses around the treatment centre, it's very much based on getting you to function within society. Abstinence is self-policing among patients and you have to go places in groups of three at all times (except the toilet or your bedroom or whatever) but they're also fucking sharp and catch basically everyone that trys to do drugs in there out which generally means you're gone but occasionally they'll let people go back in treatment. Group activities as well as therapy, you have to cook and look after yourself like in an everyday situation, this is no hospital ward or hotel.

Everyone involved with the project from the receptionist to the prescribing doctor linked with the centre is an ex addict/alcoholic with however much clean time. I did an 8 day detox from IV heroin on DHC starting at 480mg daily tapering down 60mg a day. I got given a librium taper for the week as well and 10mg temazepam nightly because I argued the doctor up from zopiclone. So it was a good controlled medicated taper for 8 days which was pretty painless. I was unlucky and caught a horrific 48 hour vomiting bug after a day of being clean that made me far far more ill than at any part of the detox.

I did 8 weeks there and realistically that wasn't enough if 12 step was the route to go down, you need to do at least the full 12 weeks really with after-care. It was a good experience though and I learnt a lot but I've done my time with 12 step now. I wouldn't criticise it but it's just not for me anymore. It's a full on but caring experience in general, you'll be put through the mill but in a nice way. I was clean for two months in treatment and five afterwards. When I went there you were allowed one phone each, quite a few people on referall orders from prison, other's funded by the government and others paying for themselves.

You had to go to a 12 step meeting EVERY night (again self-policing among patients) or in the day on Sunday but other than that you get a fair amount of free time to do as you wish with in open society outside of 'office hours' as it were. Good experience overall, I definitely recommendd it to someone who was wanting to do 12 step.

edit: I know at least one person I was in treatment is now dead, realistically I reckon it is more though. Was fucking sad, a 21 year old guy who grew up in the same area as me who was there for k addiction but died of a smack od after relapsing on k in aftercare and returning to where we grew up. Loads of people from the treatment centre at the funeral.

I also found out at a random AA meeting that I guy I used to always talk to at squat parties who I used to knock about with a bit (just always at the same illegal raves, gave me a lift a few times) was dead after I had been in treatment for about 10 days which was not what I needed to find out at that time. Smack od again. Weird thinking I'll never see him again no matter how many more illegal raves I might go to. Last time I saw him we were sitting snorting big lines of k at a squat party in London and trying to deal with his fully holed misses. Gone forever.

Last edited:
Name: The Extension
Place: Marietta (Scaryetta) GA
Cost: 15 - 20% of your gross weekly pay.
Life Changer

The Extension is a Shelter and Long Term Residential Recovery facility for homeless alcoholics and drug addicted men in Marietta GA. I was a resident here from 2005 to 2006. The facility only takes in homeless Men (they now have a women's unit as well) and of course costs nothing but willingness to get in. Residents must remain on property for 2 weeks upon arriving for chill time and orientation. After the 2 weeks (or shorter depending on each case) you must go out and find a job. no matter what you do not pay anything for the first 30 days. Then if you get a job while in Phase 1 20% of gross pay goes to the Extension, Upon going to Phase 2 it drops to 15%. It is a 12 step based program as well as many different life skill classes form parenting to how to manage finance's. The program director is a incredible individual who has dedicated the last 20 years of his life to this program. This place is by no means a country club rehab, Phase 1 is dorm style living with like 20 guys, Phase 2 you move to another building and share a room with 1 other. No cell phone or car until you have enough money in savings and move to Phase 2. There is a meeting (AA CA HA CMA) every day and for some residents a life skill course as well. dinner is provided every night but Sat. I have in my year + at this place never witnessed anyone go hungry. No locked doors.

The most stand out feature to me at The Extension is the brotherly love and friendships that develop while here taking this journey. The staff is outstanding and in my opinion are there to truly help a brother, not to earn a check. It is a unique place among recovery centers and you can really feel the presence of a higher power here.

If you know anyone in the Metro Atl. area that's down and out and whats to change I highly recommend this place.... nIt gave me a new way to look at life and the many challenges it throws our way. upon transitioning to independent living I was sober and clean for 7 yrs. (am currently back out there).

Valley Vista
Bradford, VT
$1000/day, takes insurance.

*background info*
I had had a hydrocodone problem that quickly escalated into an oxycodone problem, and had been using about 200-400 mg a day of oxy when I found heroin in the summer of 2013. I had started working in NH, and I found a few connects there plus my old connects in VT. For some reason, while I kept everything as under control as possible with my oxy use, I quickly spiraled out of control with heroin. I was using around 4 bundles/grams or 500-600 mg oxy (sniffed, not IV) a day, and drinking around 20-30 drinks a day before checking into rehab.

Valley Vista is in central VT on the NH border. Not far from the WRJ/Lebanon area (Upper Valley). I checked in around the end of Sept. I had been trying to get in for five days, but there were issues with my insurance, so I had had five straight nights were I went "all-out" figuring I'd be checking in the next day. I didn't sleep at all the night before. I went in at 11am, and hadn't used since probably 11pm the night before. They started me on a sub taper there, which took me 9 days to complete.

The facility was not bad. I had never been to rehab, nor have I since, so I have nothing to compare it to. They do men's, women's, and adolescent programs. They will do sub tapers, but I knew a few people there who went to a separate detox facility first. You have to participate in activities there, and lots of them, the whole day is scheduled and after your first three days mandatory. They will prescribe whatever else you are prescribed within reason, and will give clonidine (after BP check) or melatonin at night, other sleeping meds as well but I didn't want trazadone. There are a lot of groups and classes.

Smoking is allowed on scheduled breaks. No cell phones, laptops, iPods, clothes must not have holes and no alcohol/drug logos/reference. You will generally have 1-2 roommates unless they are not full. There are nurses 24/7 and a GP Monday-Friday 8-5 or something like that. You will have an assigned therapist who you meet with weekly.

It's a 12-step kind of place, AA/NA meetings every night in house, sometimes with a guest speaker. Lots of assigned "homework" on recovery material. The only real downtime is before 8am or after 9pm.

Visitors every weekend (children every other wknd), one 15 minute phone call every other day at assigned time (you can make phone calls to doctors, etc with permission at any time).

I had fun there. I had been working 60+ hours a week for 10 years straight, and even more than that for the previous few months, and I was completely exhausted. Being there was like a vacation. Decent food, and nothing to worry about since there was no possible way to get H while I was there. Honestly, it's possible that someone may have been able to sneak it in while visiting, but more likely that they or I would get caught. They do check all of your belongings before you can have them.

All in all, I'd say they have a good program, I only have two complaints. The first is more personal but could be a potential issue for others: my insurance decided to stop covering treatment after is been there 2 weeks. My insurance (CIGNA) required weekly authorizations every Monday, and after the second one, they told the rehab that I was only covered through Thursday morning. That was my 16th day. Since my bupe taper was drawn out over 9 days (not typical, most are 4-6 days, but my use was high), I was actually still in withdrawal when I had to leave rehab. I technically "graduated" (completed the program), but I was still sick, which led to a literally instant relapse. The second complaint I had plays I to this: they will not prescribe you suboxone to leave with. After my taper, I decided I wanted to stay on suboxone, because I have pain issues which both started my use and trigger my use. They gave me all the time I needed to find a suboxone dr on the outside, but in my area, the first appointment I was able to get was a month later. They will not prescribe suboxone to get you through a month, or even a week. If you have an appointment lined up within maybe 2-3 days, they will keep you on bupe and script you a couple days, but otherwise, you are SOL. These two factors combined directly led to my relapse.

However, I feel under normal circumstances, the treatment would have been successful. Even though I relapsed the day after I got out, I did learn a lot to help me through. Once I was able to find a suboxone dr (I ended up moving and had to find a different one), I was able to stay clean for the most part. I think that if I hadn't been sick when I left (or if I had bupe), I would have had a much better chance, but it's more of an insurance issue than an issue with the rehab.

Out of five stars, I'd give them say 3.5. The program really helped me start living like a normal person again, which was something I had really been struggling with during my prior attempts to get clean. I had gotten clean probably over 100 times on my own, but I had no idea what to do next. Waking up in the morning (as opposed to whenever I felt like it), showering daily, brushing me teeth, eating regularly... All the things people do without ever thinking about it were things that had been lost to my drug use. The structure of the program got me back into a routine, so that even though I relapsed when getting out, I was able to keep a normal lifestyle again, especially after I did ultimately get clean three months later after finding a suboxone dr. I would highly recommend to those reading, that when choosing a rehab, you choose one that is fairly structured, especially if you have the same issue of not knowing how to live a normal life anymore.

Treasure coast recovery center
Stuart Florida
30,000 but insurance is accepted
30 day program with an after care program that was heavily pushed

This place claims to be a non 12 step holistic rehab. They get there clients a number of ways but most seem to be referred by an outside source called aid in recovery. These people are salesman who earn a commission off getting you into treatment. Don't trust anything they say they literally strait lied to me about multiple aspects of the program. They claimed it wasn't 12 step based yet we where required to attend a meeting every single day. They claimed we would do activities that where not true at all. They claimed things about the counseling that was totally untrue.

With that said onto the facility. The living arrangements for the male young adult program was located in a series of small houses next to a nasty bay area. The houses where small with two bedrooms that had 3 beds in each room. The beds where uncomfortable and the rooms where hot and cramped with people right on top of each other. You where required to make every meal yourself with no direction from the rehab. Now this might be a good idea in some circumstances but in my experience not many 18-24 year old drug addicted guys can cook for shit. This led to problems. The kitchen was disgusting with a cockroach infestation that was ignored even after multiple complaints to the staff. There was insufficient cookware provided. 2 people from each house where taken to the grocery store each week to buy food for the 6 people in the house 40 dollars per head was allowed to be spent. This naturally led to conflict as too who got too pick what food we bought and such. It wasn't a good time and I lost weight I could I'll afford to lose while there.

The actual program was located in a strip mall a mile away from our housing. We where taken there in a van every week day from 8am to 4pm. The actual program consisted of a mix of Scientology tequniques, group therapy, 2hours of dbt therapy a week and 1 hour of individual counseling a week. The group session where run by 2 former addicts who graduated a Scientology based program and had zero training or certification in the field of counseling. This led to the group therapy sessions being useless at best and potentially damaging at worst. I witnessed a lot of unprofessional behavior from those 2 guys everything from bad mouthing clients behind there back too other patients too screaming personal insults at myself. It was a complete shit show.

The individual counseling wasn't much better. The rehab hired people strait out of school who meant well but where inexperienced in the field. This led to a fatal disorganization in the program. It often felt like no one knew what the hell was going on. One of the most comical things was called "walk therapy" this would happen 2-3 times a day we would walk 100 yards to the public lake near the strip mall stare at the water and shoot the shit for 30 minutes then walk back to the facility. It was just used to fill time when nothing was going on.

On the weekend we would spend 2 hours at the beach on Saturday if the weather was nice. And saw a movie on Sunday. The rest of the time was spent at the cottages. There was 1 tv per house and 2 xboxs for everyone to use. No Internet access was allowed. The techs who worked at the residences where often rude and made the experience feel like a mix between high school and jail. They did little to foster a recovery focused environment.

The medical care was abysmal. I was kicking suboxone so I was sick most of the time I was there. There was no on site detox unit so they contracted out to a doctor who we could sign up to see on weekdays. She was rude and unhelpful. I was given Advil and robaxin to start with but it took them 2 days to fill the prescription and get it too me. Many people where given seroquel, it seemed this was her go to drug for every thing from insomnia to anxiety. After a week of not sleeping and me threatening my own life I was given clonidine but told that was all I was getting. This pissed me off because I was concerned about the withdrawal before I committed to the program but was assured I would be taken care of and not made to suffer another flat out lie.

It's hard to sum it all up here without sounding like a typical addict bitching. But I will warn you do not attend this program. It's a waste of time and money. There are so many better treatment options out there that no what the hell they are doing. This place is a disorganized mess of unproffesionalism. The food and medical care is substandard. The counseling and groups are substandard. Hell even the activities are substandard. This place advertises as a luxury rehab and is priced accordingly but it's not. Most of the fellow clients agreed that they felt deceived into attending the program by there sales staff. I highly recommend you avoid this place!