WARNING! Intellectual Content: Read at Your Own Risk

"if you want to belong . . . contribute."
-LL
that's the way i see it... not contribute by posting a lot.. contribute your knowledge, your wit, and yourself.
as for the rest of this thread... there are some really good ideas here...
outside of page 2 (which i found to be a lot of carrying on between 3 people on all the same things, back and forth (not that that's bad, i just have trouble following it), i read a lot of stuff i wish i could quote here but it would take far too long... but ice and liqid ocean said it best as far as i'm concerned... i'm in total agreement there.
aj the femme
------------------
the extra M is for MmmMmmmm
"Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned"
Be Good!!!

^
|
Proof that a pretty smile and a nice ass will get you accepted almost anywhere...even you, Stark.
smile.gif

*Just kidding AJ
smile.gif

well, fox i DO have proof. it happened to me once. (by the way, this is in reference to what i said about cliques ganging up on someone else for something they said....) and ya know, i don't even care about it now. it didn't scar me for life or anything. i am not all that worried about cliques. i just read what i want to read and scan over the rest. but when it happened to me, it wasn't a fun experience at the time. i can give you a little background. i will admit, i was not in a good mood at the time, which made me react the way i did. BUT... i had posted something, and at the end, it said to anyone else who read it (other than who it was directed to)to just disregard it, because it wasn't all that important. so (i won't mention names because i didn't hold a grudge, and could care less now, anyway) a mod closed it. so i put another post saying thanks to that person, because i was a little mad. yeah, i was being sarcastic, but my thinking behind it was that with all the extremely stupid posts on there at the time, why was MINE the target. so anyway, a few mods all decided that they needed to include themselves in this, and make fun of me. the original problem was only between myself and ONE other person. but others seemed to think it was their duty to make ME feel like crap. so anyway, there is your proof. like i said, it hasn't stopped me from being here, so it obviously didn't scar me, but at the time, i will admit, it did hurt my feelings. especially because myself and the original mod worked it out, and understood eachother. and to any of those who may remember that (if you could follow this!) i am not putting you down, fox asked for proof, and i gave it. and i hope this was easy enough to follow, fox. if not, sorry.
smile.gif

------------------
**LaDy-StArDuSt**

Lady Stardust...
In cases like that what you should have done is escalate the matter by emailing an Administrator if you felt a mod did not handle things in a proper or fair way.
SOunds like the issue you are discussing has a lot more to do with a beef with how Bluelight is run than any perceived 'cliques' that may or may not exist...this further illustrates my point that most of the problem lies in the perception of individuals regarding the actions of other individuals.
I didn't request the "proof" BTW (that was Flower; the confusion is understandable since we ARE almost identical
smile.gif
).

I am fairly happy with the way this thread has progressed. Tho I may not agree with most of it, and I could put about a dozen quotes here with a statement to how it is the exact opposite of what was intended to be said. I will not. Its like Fox said, its all a matter of perception.
My main purpose for bringing those points up was to show there are other perceptions. They dont always follow what Fox, Flower, or spedly preceive. What is right or wrong is an unfair question. Neither is. Becuase it is your own and you will feel strong about your own perceptions. You have to feel this way. They are yours, you have thought about them enough and anylized what you feel is all sides and come to a conclusion. You make a point and that is your perception of the matter at hand. I know it differs, I just hope that this thread has made that point aware to more than me. perceptions matter and they differ for everyone!!
Ru

sorry fox. i thought it was you that said you wanted proof. but anyway, i handled the situation. i emailed the mod, and explained why i got an attitude about it and everything. the person emailed me back pretty quickly, and everything was cool again. i really do not think i have a problem with how things are run. i am not sure if i mentioned in my post that all the people who had certain things to say to me on my post that day were all part of one of the so-called "cliques". most of them WERE mods, but it seems they are often all associated with one another (clique??). but, luckily, that was the only real incidence i have ever had on here. and like i said, i am still here!! i really have no problems with the site, i just wanted to contribute what little bit of experience i HAVE had with this topic. thanks for listening!!
smile.gif

------------------
**LaDy-StArDuSt**

Holy guacamole, I just found this thread…
Looks like in Social, cliques are the new sex - it's the new guaranteed subject if you want to get lots of replies. It’s a shame really, though admittedly it’s less frustrating reading clique threads than sex ones.
wink.gif

And that’s all I’ve got time for. I don’t want to be that monotonous BLer who only ever posts about cliques, (somebody else can do that) … but I’d like to say cheers, guv, to kyk for another absolutely spot on post.
Also, I've got to agree with what Ruru said (bit of validation for you there!
smile.gif
)
Meanwhile…
Why can’t we just get on?
(Maybe I should do a poll to find out which is the most annoying - the rabbit joke or the Rodney King quote…)
smile.gif

Wow, it's a real trip to read this again after so long....

=D<3=D
I really enjoyed the community spirit ...
Didn't know it was nearly a decade old until it finished lol
Still , very groovy observations and a worthy thread to read ... I think.
I will probably be a burden ... Edit me as will (Apple vs Arrow , the ultimate showdown) ...
Um , I think I get it 8o
Cheerz for the insight,

|_.

Reality it's a living irony like okey, we are social animals it's biologically and it does matter to and why you use your internet. If you don't belive lock yourself up in ur bedroom and don't talk with nobody for 72hrs and nothing it's memorable, this is what we try to be like a virus into people's mind. If.. we were back in time we would read a newspaper or like talk to the fuckin bus ppl and say those things f2f, now we can vent them to a stranger that you can't phisically touch. Some people don't have a life and it's easy for them to be too social online because they don't try to go out in a bar or you know. Search for whatever philosophy has denied, sad, I know the future sounds broken and goes into emptiness.