NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Khadijah said:
Man, I dont know, i love their vocals. It depends on the band--sometimes that style sounds cheesy and ridiculous, and sometimes it sounds great.

Hehe...yeah, like I said, I'll have to give it a fair listen when I'm in a different mood. I think that part of the issue is that I've been on an instrumental metal kick, so my tolerance for any distracting vocals is somewhat limited. Haha...that Syphillic track is indeed hilarious. I think the singer's plagiarizing the drain I had to unclog the other day. :p

ebola

Hahaha...okay, it just turns out that I don't like the intro vocals on "Divide Paths". :p

ebola

Hahaha...okay, it just turns out that I don't like the intro vocals on "Divide Paths". :p

ebola

man check out the 2 tracks in my list in the OP

And I am startin to get into the acacia strain lately...not quite as heavy as some of the other ish I been listening to but theres a quality of what I dont want to call funk because its just not but almost something like that in their rhythms. The basslines and shit, theres a kind of groove to it that I like. Shits almost catchy.

"we destroy the things that make the world go round...we are the reason there is blood on the ground...."

theres a track or two where i dont really like how clear the vocals are, it almost reminds me a little bit of that horrible band from the early 2000's POD or some shit like that, when the vocals aint distorted it almost has a (shudder) rap-rock flavor to it a tiiiny bit. but thats an exception and in general Im taking a liking to em.

Beholder - Honest heavy metal, progressive thrashy grooves, awesome solos, mostly clean vocals. If you've never heard of them seriously check 'em out

Brutai - From their self titled debut 5 song EP. Progressive melodic metal, djenty grooves at times, creative song structuring, mostly clean vocals. This band is extremely talented, their EP was mixed by the Grammy winning Matt Hyde.

I know I'm sounding like an advert for these bands, but I'm just trying to spread the joy of some unknown bands that are proper metal, to fellow metalheads!

ah yes, the good ole' video dump threads. here's my contribution:

Kylesa
East West Blast Test
The Number Twelve Looks Like You... Will always hold a dear place in my heart, especially their first album.

The Faceless just came through with TDEP, but I had to work :\.

I don't listen to much deathcore anymore, but it was basically the soundtrack to my high school days.

Last edited:
ah yes, the good ole' video dump threads. here's my contribution:

No, not a good old video dump thread. Seriously guys....dont fuck this thread up by just posting a video link. Nobody clicks those. I know I sure as shit dont. Unless you want to tell me about the song, why you like it, what part kicks ass, and whatever else, dont just drop a link up in here. Song title plus link...that dont do nothing to make me interested in your link or why i might want to click it. describe that shit, yo.

bob lob....the faceless autotheism part 1 2&3 on my playlist right now actually...i have realized i am gooohhhhhhdddddd...

Been listening to the new Kadaver and Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats.

Fuck yeah Uncle Acid is the shit!
I've been listening to so much death metal and d-beat that some stoner/doom sounds pretty refreshing actually.

But for the moment I'm listening to Urgehal's Through Thick Fog til Death album. Yummy.

i am quickly startin to fall in love with tony danza tapdance extravaganza...and of course it has to be after they break up and stop touring, ive heard they are fuckin beast live (sheds a tear)

anybody goin to Summer Slaughter or Mayhem BTW?

Hahaha...band names have just been getting sillier and sillier since nearly all available single noun options have been taken...

ebola

nope. the punk rock thread is thataway. (*points to a random direction*) Or wherever. Theres one somewhere though, and you should be in it, cuz Suicidal tendencies sure as shit aint metal.

Hahaha...band names have just been getting sillier and sillier since nearly all available single noun options have been taken...

ebola
TTDTE is rather old actually. Haven't heard that name in quite a few years heh.

Debut LP in 2005? I hope that doesn't qualify as "rather old". :p

ebola

Khadijah said:
cuz Suicidal tendencies sure as shit aint metal.

Well, a lot of punk-rockers would have a problem identifying ST as straightforwardly punk. As innovators, they sort of occupy a nexus of genres localized near the birth of "hardcore".

ebola

Heartbreaker- Led Zeppelin.

The opening bass riff is fucking amazing. Old school metal ftw.