• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating Raw Hash - The Final Word

No denying eating raw hash will get you high if you eat enough...

But are people seriously saying theres no need to cook it in fat/oil first? sure maybe you don't NEED to - if your the kind of person who enjoys throwing money away and using like 5x as much as needed then yeah, eat it raw ¬_¬

Cooking hash does not make it any stronger in my experience. I would just add a little boiling water to the hash in a cup, from the point of view of destroying any bacteria or germs, which are unlikely to exist in proper hash anyway, and drink it at meal times. If your hash is an oily type of hash that is already high in THC, then cooking it is actually more likely to weaken the effects. So if you must cook it in a recipe, then do so only minimally because there really is no advantage of making it stronger.

Yes it will get you high, you need to eat a bit more than you usually smoke 1-2g but it will get you higher for longer

best way is to make peanut budder snacks
1. grab .5g of well chopped bud
2. Put a thick layer of smooth peanut butter on a cracker
3. put your bud in the middle of it then sprinkle on a teaspoon of oil
4. Put another cracker on top then cook in the over for a good 20 mins

eat 2-3 of these and you'll be in for a treat
The THC is absorbed FAAAARRR better in the oily peanut butter mixture than you stomach and will help you get the best of eating it

this sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to try this!

I've eaten raw hash....It was around 1996-97...It was just a gram of plain old "black hash"....I got so high from it, I was in a stupor almost "drunk" from it in a way...I was a daily smoker at that point in my life too...

the reason I did it? I bought the gram of hash on lark because someone had it and to find hash was pretty rare back then where I'm from...I decided to just eat it and I was shocked at how fucked up it got me! I told a couple of my friends how fucked up I was and we went and bought another single gram, they split it and were insanely fucked up too...

This was at the peak of the US rave scene and we were all ravers who were doing all kinds of different shit every weekend for 3 years straight at that point and we were all very surprised to experience those effects from it...

Who knows where it came from...probably Mexico...because at that point in history the vast majority of the weed smoking population in US had never even tried the high quality stuff that's so common now...

I don't know what that particular batch of hash was like to smoke because we only bought those 2 grams and it was gone..

friend took a bite off a brick of hash.
tripped for over a day
so yeah

"high...to a reasonable degree " for one person is high to an unreasonable degree for another...

alasdair

^Yeah, aside from a few minor outdoor grows, I'm far from an expert on weed or processing the different forms of hash from it...But the shit I've seen in the US that was processed from the trim or buds someone grew was never black....not sure of the exact differences here, but by raw I mean that I just ate a gram of hash straight out of the bag it was in without cooking it into anything....For whatever reason, eating that gram of hash straight got me higher than just about any other form of weed, hash whatever....

"high...to a reasonable degree " for one person is high to an unreasonable degree for another...

alasdair

Yeah for me it was unreasonable because it was too strong. But that was a large quantity of charas. I would call it raw because it was uncooked. Unweighed but it was more than half of a indian "tola" stick between two people so >3g each

Adding hash to a small amount of boiled water in a cup like tea could be described as cooking admittedly but having eaten raw hash too I'm not sure there was a difference. The sun has already 'cooked' the THC out of the plant from which hash can be made, using hands, as well as sifting or threshing, all of which involve heat in some way.

Yeah for me it was unreasonable because it was too strong. But that was a large quantity of charas. I would call it raw because it was uncooked. Unweighed but it was more than half of a indian "tola" stick between two people so >3g each

More than 5X too much.

Yeah usually .5 to 1g of bud is what I use orally. But the charas couldn't come on the plane with me so something needed to be done with it.

Hash is by definition cooked at at least 55 degrees Celsius. If not its considered kief or charas. Charas and kief have thc acetate, which works in very similar ways to thc but is between 5-7 times less potent..

Thc acetate turns into thc when it is heated.

So to get the same level of high orally from charas as hash you would have to eat at least 5 times as much. However where oral hash is converted in your system the same way as smoking any form of cannabis, raw thc (thc acetate) oral has different metabolites which will give you a slightly different effect. Almost all extracts labeled hash that are sold in the uk and north america are cooked. As far as I know cbd is unaffected whether raw or cooked.

So basically to anyone who though eating any form of cannabis raw will not do anything, it will, it will just be much less effective.

Hopefully this helps someone :)

i got some soft afghan hash and was looking on eating some some, so googled searched and came across this thread. would you say 0.5 g be enough to eat raw?

That's very interesting. I thought you heat marijuana because it dissolves better. Didn't know that there is a chemical reaction going on when heated.

I'd recommend you add some soy lecithin to every edible you make.

Just ate 0.6 g raw with a pint of milk. Will let you know how it goes. Hope I don't trip balls as I'm at my parents house today oh well ;)

Be wary of eating hash - domestic hash is probably safe enough but I heard a terrible story about someone eating Indian charas and contracting some awful viral disease that he was stuck with for the rest of his life. They roll that shit (sometime literally) with their bare hands. Not fit for human consumption - well not before burning at least.

As for "can you eat hash" - yes and it has a fine and noble tradition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hasheesh_Eater

The Hasheesh Eater is an autobiographical book by Fitz Hugh Ludlow describing the author's altered states of consciousness and philosophical flights of fancy while he was using a cannabis extract.
First published in 1857, The Hasheesh Eater went through four editions in the late 1850s and early 1860s, each put out by Harper & Brothers. In 1903, another publishing house put a reprint of the original edition — and the last complete edition until 1970. As of 2006, two editions are in print, including an annotated version first published in 2003.