musicians that always make visually stunning videos

xena

Bluelighter
who are the musicians who consistently turn out more and more visually stunning videos? you know, the ones that you have to watch, even if you don't like their music?
-nin
-tool
-missy elliot (i'm not a huge fan of her music, but her videos are always amazing)
mods: i posted this hear because even though it's about music videos, it's not about the music at all. feel free to move it to music and djs if needed.

Aphex Twin.
Squarepusher.
Chemical Brothers.
Radiohead.
Always have good videos.

tool, definitely
peter gabriels videos are still cool
aphex twin

• Beastie Boys
    Bjork
    Air
    another vote for tool and radiohead ('Just' is my alltime favorite music video)
    i've always enjoyed Busta Rhymes' videos even though that hype williams style has been played to death

ah yea beastie boys have some good videos
my friend had a vhs tape with a lot of them
i really want that tape
air-dont be light is amazing
royksopp has two good videos as well, their third one isnt exciting though.

^^
JF,
Pick up the Beastie Boys double DVD set. As a design-type-person, you'd probably really enjoy it. The menu screens are very well done.
By far, the coolest part about the DVDs, is how you can change between four or five different "prespectives" (and I use the term loosely) as well as four or five different mixes of the track. For instance, during the video for Shadrach (it's been a while, but I think that's the one) there's a bunch of live footage of the Boys from some show, but if you change the prespective it's that same live footage, but animated. It's really cool. There's a lot more than this example, but I thought that was one thing that stood out for me.
Highly recommended. :)

That beastie boys DVD is some amazing shit! I think DVD's are the best thing to happen to music videos as an art form in a long time. Massive Attack's 11 promos DVD is another example of brilliance. The video for 'teardrop' just blew me away.

you can't go wrong with Beck's Sex Laws video....nooo, you just can't go wrong with a refrigerator boofing a dishwasher... :)

tool and peter gabriel are probably at the top of my list...NIN also makes great ones...and when they get the urge to do one, Pearl Jam's are incredible (see: Jeremy and Do the Evolution).

Red Hot Chili Peppers as of the past few years have been making some pretty damn good videos.

They may be sick and twisted, by Marilyn Manson makes some amazing looking videos... I will never forget some of his videos....but they still don't even come close to Tool's videos...
Also, Busta Rhymes does some very interesting stuff. The colors he uses in his videos are always very eye catching...
[ 17 January 2003: Message edited by: xtcvitality ]

^^^i've only seen Rabbit in your Headlight, and that definitely was one of the most amazing videos i've ever seen...

bjork as mentioned above for sure.also i tend to like daft punk videos.and the videos from sade's latest album were very nice imo.

Marilyn Manson's videos i always thought were pretty amazing and held alot of meaning..
Tool... NIN
Radiohead...
Prodigy!
Madonna...
I always liked Public Enemy's and Rage Against the Machine's--- strictly for the political content more than actual artistry..
hmm...what else.. Dr Dre videoes..played out or not..
Nirvana videoes... Smashing Pumpkins...
not all Korn videoes..but some...
and that's bout it...

I agree with the smashing pumpkins.
I forgot about Massive Attack! Protection is not only a beautifull song but the video is gorgeous. The video for Teardrop with the singing unborn baby is lovely.
I thought the one sonic youth video I've seen (death vally 69) was very good.