the art of the PUZZLE

chrissie

Bluelight Crew
i dont know about you, but i love puzzles.
only like playing puzzle video games
like tetris, alchemy, etc
and i adore physical puzzles.
well, if you are also a fan
i found a great website with some intricate, well made and difficult puzzles
and in case you didnt know
Rubiks is still going strong
with new puzzles
we just picked up the flat rubiks puzzle
featuring a design with the simpsons!
along the same lines...
if you love building things
and lego was a favorite toy when you were a kid
youll love these
similarly there are these
cheaper, but im not sure of the quality difference though
remember these building toys when you were a kid?
ive been on the search for olly blocks
theyre another kind of magnetic toy
not quite as geometric or educational though
but they have great curvy shapes
saw them in the discovery store in vegas
and havent seen them anywhere since
are any of you also fans of educational toys?
if so, what are your favorites?
[ 23 December 2002: Message edited by: ~*JungleFaerie*~ ]

tokenonravergurl has a 2d puzzle up at her mountain house. its very difficult because the image is just a bunch of potato chips. there isnt even a picture to go by. so you are left staring at all these pieces that look very similar, and have to seperate them by shading and slight color differences.

heya jf, i'm a closet puzzle geek myself.
I've got a complete 3d R2-D2 puzzle that i opened up and finished after workin on it for 6 hours straight. I also have a 3d puzzle millenium falcom that's prolly only 1/4 done. Pretty challenging. :/
I have a bunch of small puzzles that assemble into different shapes and stuff. It's nice to play around with at the odd time. Not a big fan of 2d puzzles though. Never was.

im not a fan of 2d puzzles either. but because of the ambiguous nature of the pieces in this puzzle, its quite difficult. every piece looks the same and youre left to differentiate between slight shading differences.

Yeah, a friend of mine got something similar. It's called an 'impossibles' puzzle. There is no straight edges to it, no picture to go by, and it was of a field of flowers. Sheesh, talk about impossible!

ah, this at least had a straight edge... of course thats what we did first. now youll mess with it and get maybe one piece every half hour. its at my friends mountain house that we go to once a year. at that rate, it should be done by the time im 30 :)